What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Oh my gosh, I sit next to a guy at work (home office) who looks just like Steve! :eek: It really is a small world! :D
PoUQfTP.jpg

Love that tortoise, and the 86 in general. I sent mine off for a blade delete. It’s on its way, should be here soon, can’t wait. Yours have a beautiful pattern to it!
bigfish, you mentioned yours is out for a blade delete, I sent two off last year for the same surgery, this Micarta and an Oil Sucker Rod. I love both the two and single blade conversion. You inspired me to break this one out for tomorrows carry:thumbsup::)
Os4ekN.jpg

Ron, @Half/Stop pressed that Schrade into my hand as we shook good bye less than two weeks before he passed away. I sure miss his posts and occasional texts, and that knife is precious to me.
That's a great story behind that knife. I'd be simultaneously too scared to lose it, and not wanting to leave the house without it.

There were a few Vic electricians posted today that inspired me to swap out my stockman when I got home from work.
TC8zMVf.jpg

One knife to slice up your ravioli, and the other to defend yourself from the manager at the wagon wheel cafe who's angry you are cheating on them! Glad to hear you are getting your 2nd shot! I hope you and your wife respond well to the vaccine with no side effects. Good luck to you.

Not to worry.:eek: The folks at the Wagon Wheel Cafe and the Brass Rail are good buddies:) and the locals in the area try to spread the wealth around during this time of closures etc..:thumbsup:

No issues with the COVID-19 vaccinations.:thumbsup:

I didn’t know that A.F.
Makes it even more amazing !
Enjoy in the greatest health my friend.
Very nice of you~ thanks!

Oh my gosh, I sit next to a guy at work (home office) who looks just like Steve! :eek: It really is a small world! :D
PoUQfTP.jpg
:D
Cool dragon!

That's a great story behind that knife. I'd be simultaneously too scared to lose it, and not wanting to leave the house without it.

There were a few Vic electricians posted today that inspired me to swap out my stockman when I got home from work.
TC8zMVf.jpg
I am confident that the members here who’d been blessed with knowing him longer than I had would agree that Ron would say “Tote it ‘n use it!”

Well, this just arrived... time to knock the new off it :cool:
lyqGFuJl.jpg

:) Put it to work!

Love that tortoise, and the 86 in general. I sent mine off for a blade delete. It’s on its way, should be here soon, can’t wait. Yours have a beautiful pattern to it!

Be sure to post pics!

Aias Aias
Awesome 86!!

welcome to the family :cool::thumbsup:
This one’s great.

View attachment 1512458

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigfish, you mentioned yours is out for a blade delete, I sent two off last year for the same surgery, this Micarta and an Oil Sucker Rod. I love both the two and single blade conversion. You inspired me to break this one out for tomorrows carry:thumbsup::)
Os4ekN.jpg

Looks great with just the clip!

Y’all made me go grab my 86 for the evening - I may even have to carry it tomorrow...

90665E98-4049-4821-AE47-BC592F26CD0B.jpeg

Grandpa and Grandma used to take me to Bennett Springs every year. Elbow to elbow on opening day was a bit nuts. Later, we lived on the Big Niangua up on the Lake, and a friend had a cabin on the river out of Elburn. Best smallmouth fishing of my life, and even some big trout that escaped Bennett, became wild, and grew big.
God’s country.
Great stories, thanks for sharing them Jeff. Our kids basically grew up there, 3 trips a year until they got involved in sports, then maybe only once a year. We have pics of them in strollers and then years later catching their first trout. We are familiar with the Niangua Arm of the lake also, take the boat over there each summer. That’s a great cove for a smaller boat like ours. It is a beautiful area!

Os4ekN.jpg
Your Micarta is beautiful! I think I’m going to keep my Micarta 2-blades, it’s my workhorse. Can’t wait to get my tortoise shell back, got a feeling it’s going to get a lot more carry time. :thumbsup:

Morning all. Enjoying getting to know this Copperhead that arrived on Tuesday :)

THIruYK.jpg

Nice pocket-watch Mike :thumbsup:

Thank you very kindly, Jack!!!

A couple of wonderful "old friends," indeed; love the jigging on your very cool lamb, fantastic! :cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much JJ, that jigging pattern was common on Sheffield knives once :thumbsup:

Toting these two today; a BB Winchester Sowbelly and a thrifty Imperial toothpick from the 50s. :)

Wonderful Winchester, and a colourful Imperial my friend :) They look good together :thumbsup:

This will do nicely...
AJlL41pl.jpg

mR0H3G0l.jpg

Very handsome :) :thumbsup:

Just got back from our anniversary trip to the coast. 18 years for @MrsR&T and I.
I carried my 14 snakewood and Bradford with masur birch.
View attachment 1512443
View attachment 1512445
View attachment 1512447
View attachment 1512444

Happy AnnaversereeEE! (My best Jim Reeves impression! :D) :thumbsup: Looks like a great trip :) :thumbsup:

THINK I've got the day right today! :D :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

GFcw2n8.jpg

ldUHmxu.jpg

How do you like that double lock back from Rough Ryder? I often think about buying one, then remind myself that I'm not a huge fan of just a normal lockback folder. :rolleyes:

Not sure yet. :)

The knife itself is built Really well, smooth open, no hang up just before they lock(pet peeve if mine with some lockbacks). Both lock solid, no lock play. One has slight side play the other is like a fixed blade... never seen any lockback as solid without wiggle as that blade is. Fit and finish are great. You can tell its copper framed, its noticeably heavier than other knives the same size or a bit bigger, but the weight isn't out of proportion to the size. If that makes any sense...

One little thing that stands out on the assembly/design is the lock bars are verry narrow top to bottom. So there is a slight gap under them in the finger notches... Ever so slight. 1/32" or 3/64" max, maybe. It makes me think they could get lint or dirt in there and jam... But realistically its such a small gap I doubt it'd ever actually happen.

I had one in red bone years ago but parted with it. Lockbacks weren't really my thing then. And neither was the blade arrangement, nor the size.

Now, the setup fits into the concept of my grail knife, (3.5"ish size, double end jack, clip and sheepsfoot) and I do use and like lockbacks more. But they're still not really my preference...

I went ahead and did the mod that makes it my preferred setup;

wp-1613718088771.jpg

Now I just need some time to carry it and see.

So, yeah. Its a great knife, but for how I really like the concept, ask me again in a couple months. :-D

Back