What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

oHN718H.jpg
Cool picture, Jeremy. :cool::thumbsup:

That is a Case Barlow that I should not have passed on getting .

Harry

I sure have enjoyed it. It’s my favorite Case knife.

What wood is does that case barlow have? Now I want one just like it.
. The covers on this on are sawcut amber bone :thumbsup: Kinda hard to find these days. Sold out at dealers so you’ll have to keep your eyes peeled on the secondary market.

Last edited:
Got these out for the evening... I think it covers stag Saturday and Sunday. Behring Made Bushmaster and GEC 42 Trapper. The stag handle on the Behring Made is phenomenally comfortable--funny how a naturally occurring material and shape is so ergonomic.
H5Qy1KNl.jpg

Fine pair of knives, Greg, and an impressive bowlful of other edged tools! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Did you make all those arrowheads? I doubt if I could even draw one that nicely on paper, let alone shape one from stone!
- GT

Thank you, Gary. :thumbsup: Those arrowheads were acquired from a friend and talented flint knapper in Texas in a trade. I made him a osage bow and he sent
all those arrowheads plus two flint knives and two arrowhead beaded necklaces, one for me and one for my wife. I was blown away by his generosity and the quality of his work. My grandson has taken an interest in flintknapping and has gotten some instruction from a few of my friends at rendezvous.
Here's a pic of him from 2018 when he was 9 yrs old working some stone on one of our campouts. And a pic of an arrowhead he made the next year.
Nate knaping - 1.jpeg View attachment 1513818

Thank you, Gary. :thumbsup: Those arrowheads were acquired from a friend and talented flint knapper in Texas in a trade. I made him a osage bow and he sent
all those arrowheads plus two flint knives and two arrowhead beaded necklaces, one for me and one for my wife. I was blown away by his generosity and the quality of his work. My grandson has taken an interest in flintknapping and has gotten some instruction from a few of my friends at rendezvous.
Here's a pic of him from 2018 when he was 9 yrs old working some stone on one of our campouts. And a pic of an arrowhead he made the next year.
View attachment 1513817 View attachment 1513818
Wow! What a great skill and generous soul!

279457D5-878A-43B1-B2BF-9D005148C81C.jpeg Once again, 500 miles from home in a hotel, and a bunch of pages behind here.
Returning my three grand daughters to their Mom after a nice week with them. We met in Kentucky, sparing me from having to drive all the way to Georgia.
I look forward to catching up with all your posts when I get home. For now, I’m zonking out.

View attachment 1513845 Once again, 500 miles from home in a hotel, and a bunch of pages behind here.
Returning my three grand daughters to their Mom after a nice week with them. We met in Kentucky, sparing me from having to drive all the way to Georgia.
I look forward to catching up with all your posts when I get home. For now, I’m zonking out.
That's one sweet knife Jeff. Hope you are all rested up in the morning and have a safe trip back home.

In general, micarta doesn't appeal to me (maybe I'm too old) but denim micarta is an exception! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Is the knife resting on the "hen and chicks" plant that often appears in your pics? I had no idea that they eventually turned purple like that!:eek: I thought they just disappeared under the snow and resprouted in the spring. :rolleyes:

- GT
I am of the same mind as you when it comes to Micarta. For years I never really warmed up to micarta on pocket knives. I preferred to see it on larger fixed blades. However, when Northwoods started using the blue denim Micarta I knew it was for me.

Yes, that is what Hens & Chicks looks like in the winter. I planted these in a natural crack in that rock over 10 years ago. Hopefully it will look like this again this spring.
ElZX10G.jpg

Got these out for the evening... I think it covers stag Saturday and Sunday. Behring Made Bushmaster and GEC 42 Trapper. The stag handle on the Behring Made is phenomenally comfortable--funny how a naturally occurring material and shape is so ergonomic.
H5Qy1KNl.jpg

That's one heck of a FB :cool: :thumbsup:

View attachment 1513817 View attachment 1513818

Talented lad :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend :) Piano keys for me today ;) :thumbsup:

pVlToll.jpg

Back