What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Svord Peasent helping modify another Svord Peasent.

mmqhId8.jpg

That's an attractive knife! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks Gary, no 73....yet ;)
Good luck with the search, Steve. :) (There were some stag models around summer 2015 that are exemplary IMHO.)

That has to be one of the prettiest Copperlocks I've seen... wonderful jigged bone and shield. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) The shield is a glennbad mod, I think, that occurred before the knife came to me. The walnut Rogers jigged bone was a short-lived (and for me, much loved) handle offering.

... All four of my children have at least one GEC set aside for them, as well as a SAK field master, and a fixed blade.
—Tony
It's cool that you're setting aside knives for your kids, Tony. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: What made you go with the Field Master? I haven't picked one up yet, but as a theoretical exercise, I once analyzed all the SAK models and concluded the Field Master was optimal for me. :)

Thanks Gary, thanks for telling us a bit more about your special Canoe, Rachel is a class act :cool: :) :thumbsup:
She certainly is! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

I'm carrying a new Glitter Gold TC Barlow, that @untytled was generous to pass to me like a true Porch Neighbor. I'm carrying it, along with Grandpa's old Glitter Gold Peanut that @glennbad re-covered for me a while back. They're slightly different in color, but equal in sparkle. I'm trying to capture it in photos, and want to take a few more before the patina starts and the frozen background is melted. :)
4Kc8bcX.jpg

Congrats on the sparkly new Barlow! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
With those two knives, you must be a member of The Glitterati! ;)

Thank you, Gary. I've got the cracks in my thumb and finger from the cold, dry air outside, also. Today, is going to be an inside not shoveling day. :)

Your Case mini copperlock is sharp looking, Gary. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the copperlock compliment, Dean. :) I bought something called liquid bandage last week for my finger cracks, but I think superglue works better for me.

I'm carrying my Buck 303 today for Black Friday and Old Friends Friday (it turns 21 this year).

View attachment 1512762
Happy BirthYear to your adult Buck Cadet! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks, GT! Very nice selection you have today. Maybe I should be on the lookout for one of knives with the anchor on the handle for my son who spent 12 years in the Navy.
Thanks, Les. :) I have no Navy connection, but I'm drawn to those anchor knives. :rolleyes:

Notable quartet of knives, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)
Thank you for the comment, José. :)

View attachment 1512983 A little 2 3/4 magic, for the evening.
A warm and safe night to all...
Over here, the flakes are starting to fall.
Is that a Camillus #21? Very cool little jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I hope everyone is keeping well. A couple of old 'uns for me today.

2x6vOUo.jpg
Venerable and valiant pair, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I've never seen one of those in person; fascinating! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Wishing everyone a very happy weekend :thumbsup:

1hDSD5G.jpg

rDdBLeK.jpg
Outstanding knives, Jack, especially the WCLF! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I like the compass, too, but I need a model that tells me which way is up! :rolleyes::D

Today with this A. Wright & Son Lambsfoot (SFO Jack Black) in Rosewood.;):thumbsup:
Your rosewood HHB is splendid, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

This one’s with me today...
View attachment 1513241 View attachment 1513242
Warmth and safety to all this weekend.
Your teardrop brings a smile to my face, Gus! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (I suppose that sounds quite heartless. :rolleyes:)

Thanks. I'm sure for those of you who live in colder climates, the novelty of ice and snow has worn off long ago. If you'll indulge one more picture,
when the temps started to thaw, the leaves pulled back on the agave plant, leaving ice castings in their place:
yi1YTh9.jpg
Amazing photo, Rachel! :eek::cool::cool: I don't think I've ever seen anything like that!

What a handsome knife!! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

I'm carrying this BladeForums knife today.

View attachment 1513292
Elegant elk Buck, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

- GT

Indeed Gary it’s a #21 Cami, good eye!
Yes that case TB teardrop does bring smiles, regardless of its name lol!
Thank you

Spent much of yesterday pulling a few circuits under my daughter and S-I-L’s house. When you do old work in an 80 year old house you always find surprises. Got the dishwasher on a new circuit yesterday, will add some new receptacles today. Old Boker handled the skinning just fine. OH
Boker-USA-9229-Electrician.jpg

Back