What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by jackknife, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Thanks Gary! The Field Master was a gift from my then girlfriend-now-wife thirty years ago! She knew I’d prefer the saw and didn’t need the corkscrew!

2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, Les. :)

K33ncutter likes this.
  3. Leslie Tomville

Leslie Tomville Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2016
    D33F8C7E-D2E7-4282-AA73-D672507B17FA.jpeg B0B9530C-A4AF-4383-85FF-D844417CCDD1.jpeg C6FA9A7A-659E-41C3-8356-25B17DBA3341.jpeg

Our remote camera snapped a photograph of this curious doe a few weeks ago. Looks like the camera was not as well hidden as I thought!

Have a Blessed Sunday everyone.

Totin’ my favorite 86 version today. GEC made them for Percy Richardson and Lone Star Knives. Percy had some beautiful designs over the years, many of them with wood from famous battleships. Part of the profits went to support museums honoring the ships.

Yes, @bigfish64 , it is a single blade. That is why I like it so much. They also made a few single blades for Charlie @waynorth which were the best of all, but I could not get one of those. The Northwoods version was also a single blade.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  4. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Wow! A beautiful knife.

5. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    That is a beautiful knife, :thumbsup: forgive my ignorance but did that come as a single blade?

Reaper AL likes this.
  6. rcs86

rcs86 Wanna be lawn master/duck hunter Platinum Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2018
    My grandma passed away August 22, at the age of 90. Today would have been her 91st birthday. I'm going to be thinking about her today as I carry this Boker she gave me about 15 years ago that was her father's. I'm not sure the age of it, but it has been around a while. It was only fitting to pose it with the Christmas cactus she started for me that is off her mother's. That plant is still alive over 100 years later. She was a great example of a Godly, loving Grandmother. Thankful I had her for 34 years. I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

[​IMG]

7. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Great picture, the Virginia coast is a lot more hospitable than the Oregon coast which usually translates as less photogenic. I miss Virginia, spent about a year between Hampton and Charlottesville, longest stay anywhere out of Alaska and Oregon for me.
    20210218_172912_copy_1512x1512.jpg

8. bigfish64

bigfish64 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 9, 2020
    Sorry for your loss, that’s a great tribute to your grandma, and it’s a beautiful knife!

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks for the informative reply. :)

That's a handsome, rich example of how good Harvest Orange can be! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Superb pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm always impressed with your lighting in winter. Do you manage to find sunshine most days, or have you got an artificial light shining?

Cool scout, Tony! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I got one like that at an antique store almost exactly a year ago (3/7/20) on a Saturday; coronavirus hit the fan the following week, and I credit the Kamp King with helping me survive the massive changes that occurred in the week following my purchase! :rolleyes:

Peerless pen knife, Les! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Jon, you're a persuasive proponent of the "saber grind gospel"! :D:cool::cool:

Thanks for the info. :) I was convinced that the sheepsfoot on my Electrician was a chisel grind, but I checked it and it's not. :oops: Must have been thinking of the sheepsfoot on my Vic Gardener.

Yeah, the older I get, the scarier life is! :p
    Maybe you need to "layer" your vests to provide more pockets! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D
    Certainly seems true for me that my favorite knives are the ones I'm actually using. I've got several tree branches drying in the garage with the hope that I'll turn them into walking sticks, but I'm not even sure what style I want. Almost all of my branches would become canes rather than shoulder/head high staffs (staves?).

Quite a pack of bulldogs on your stag 5-blader! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

That's a pleasing pruner, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Proficient pair, Jon, and primo photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the follow-up, Greg. :) Your grandson is doing some impressive work! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Safe travels, Jeff! :):cool::cool:

Thanks for the info about your "micarta journey" and the "flock of chickens" you've raised in that rock. :)

Elite edges, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Sweet pair of keys, and thanks for the tune! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I happen to have a Camillus peanut like that, so I could recognize it. ;)
    I also have a Winchester identical to your Sunday-go-to-meeting knife, so I could recognize that one, too (although I haven't memorized the model number :rolleyes:). :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

10. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks, GT!

11. sf fanatic

sf fanatic Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 4, 2017
    Viper pocket time today. :)
    DBAF40BE-E4E4-4AA7-809E-7A16A46A9DEA.jpeg :(

12. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Home with the sick one today.
    04B0351C-5F13-48A6-8453-63E9F3AF802D.jpeg

13. K33ncutter

Jan 24, 2020
    Thanks, GT! A German made Hoffritz that I found at a local antique store. :)

Un-Chained likes this.
  14. Un-Chained

Un-Chained Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2021
    They’re both sweet Gary, thanks.
    Not a simple Winchester number I’m afraid...
    I can never remember it myself.
    3A42D9B7-A6AF-439B-BE06-F1A1A7425A73.jpeg

15. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    my pleasure!

16. K33ncutter

Jan 24, 2020
    Very nice wood grain in those knives y’all have today!:thumbsup::thumbsup: I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

JTB_5 and Un-Chained like this.
  17. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    cool story! Getting through this is the trick—getting out on the hiking trails or to the high desert has kept us going.

My Kamp King was actually given to my then 7 year old son by an older gent selling knives at a local knife show. My son was a Cub Scout and keen on camping and hiking, and the man decided to make my son’s day. Now he’s 11 and hikes/ does outdoor activities with me regularly. These days he’ll use the knife to cut veggies for his feeder insects, which eventually get fed to his Bearded Dragon and Leopard Gecko. That’s his way of making it through this.

sunknife, guy g and Un-Chained like this.
  18. I'mSoSharp

I'mSoSharp

Mar 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

Just finishing this Svord modification so will be carrying it tomorrow to see how it performs.

19. timberweasel

timberweasel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    casetj.jpg
    Case Small Texas Jack CV

-Brett

20. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks! Hope your day goes well.

K33ncutter likes this.