What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Keeping it simple today. Lively!!!! But simple.

M0zfbxXj_t.jpg

That handle looks great! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: I have one of those knives, and its a favorite of mine. Here's a pic for comparison to your impressive re-handle:
View attachment 1512669
- GT

I have quite a few carbon JJ Martinez knives, all of them I've finished in varying degrees, they are made to a good enough standard for a working tool but it's usually pretty easy to finish them much better than as they come. I visited the workshop of the two brothers who make them last year & still haven't posted the pics.........

That model is probably my favorite of all the lockbacks I have! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Is that some kind of belt/pocketedge hanger on the bail?
- GT
Yes, the Mercator is about as basic as a lockback can get, tough knife. :thumbsup:. Pocket hanger made from a teaspoon handle. :eek:

Superb pair, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm always impressed with your lighting in winter. Do you manage to find sunshine most days, or have you got an artificial light shining?

- GT

Thanks Gary ! We have our share of sunny day in the winter and more this year than most. It is overcast today however and no artificial light. It does help reflect light when there's snow on the ground. ;)

American Jack and a Barlow

dJhXEE7.jpg

View attachment 1514098 View attachment 1514095 View attachment 1514096

Totin’ my favorite 86 version today. GEC made them for Percy Richardson and Lone Star Knives. Percy had some beautiful designs over the years, many of them with wood from famous battleships. Part of the profits went to support museums honoring the ships.

I can see why it’s your favorite; that’s a thing of beauty! I’d be scared to use it o_O

I seem to be stuck on this one the last few days....
Vh5MoNG.jpg

(and Vic Cadet)

I can see why. I love that red!

Today’s carry was the 29 and this beefy 23.

To add to the growing list of uses for the 29, I am now adding ice pick. The punch was able to pick away at the 2-3” of ice that formed around my wiper blades and crack it enough to then remove it. He’s becoming a handy lil fella!!

F62458C1-A474-41CF-9270-A81C6B582CE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back