What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Im teaching today, so light duty... I picked this one up on Martha's Vineyard several years ago.
V600LF3l.jpg

I really love the lighthouse knife! I carry a keychain knife that is it’s little brother. I’ll have to put that Camillus on my “odd knives to look for” list!

Sweet little knife you've got there! As for mine, it was in a display case along with various other patterns--no two were alike. I think the shop was in Edgartown.

Out limbing and trimming today.

View attachment 1513490
And well equipped for slicing and dicing:)

Geez Harry you are making the rest of us look bad! That stag is amazing. The 74 and 47 are great patterns.
I’m glad it’s not a competition! My beaters and users would not match up. I’m just glad I get to enjoy @Old Engineer’s knives through the porch!
And if this bat flu ever goes away, I’ll hook up with him and he might let me coon finger a couple!

I had to make a mid-day switch as my 2020 forum knife got here today! Took it for a supply run.

pYdrZma.jpg
Couple of nice pieces!
Thanks my friend :D I was watching an episode of Chef's Table dreaming of food....lol
Well turn off the teevee and get busy banging them pots ‘n pans!:D
The Voos in my pocket used to look like that...
That’s a very nice jack!
No need to test out why they call it a Toothpick, unless you’re brave and have a steady hand.
Thank you, Gary. :thumbsup: Those arrowheads were acquired from a friend and talented flint knapper in Texas in a trade. I made him a osage bow and he sent
all those arrowheads plus two flint knives and two arrowhead beaded necklaces, one for me and one for my wife. I was blown away by his generosity and the quality of his work. My grandson has taken an interest in flintknapping and has gotten some instruction from a few of my friends at rendezvous.
Here's a pic of him from 2018 when he was 9 yrs old working some stone on one of our campouts. And a pic of an arrowhead he made the next year.
View attachment 1513817 View attachment 1513818
Would that be a TradGang rendezvous?
That's one sweet knife Jeff. Hope you are all rested up in the morning and have a safe trip back home.
Thank you!
I slept eleven hours last night:D

Spent much of yesterday pulling a few circuits under my daughter and S-I-L’s house. When you do old work in an 80 year old house you always find surprises. Got the dishwasher on a new circuit yesterday, will add some new receptacles today. Old Boker handled the skinning just fine. OH
Boker-USA-9229-Electrician.jpg
A TL-29/Electrician in it’s natural habitat!
Today’s carry was the 29 and this beefy 23.

To add to the growing list of uses for the 29, I am now adding ice pick. The punch was able to pick away at the 2-3” of ice that formed around my wiper blades and crack it enough to then remove it. He’s becoming a handy lil fella!!

View attachment 1514392
I hope that worked out for you. I learned the hard way that steel and windshield glass is not a good combination:eek:
I almost forgot to post the last 3 knives from this past week's carry (a new group rotates in tomorrow for the week ahead).
Peanut-like knife since last Monday has been a Case CV chestnut jigged bone Peanut:
View attachment 1514519

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week has been a buffalo horn GEC #85 (thanks, Paul):
View attachment 1514520

Lambsfoot of the Week has been Black Jack, my Jack Black SFO 2018 Guardians ebony lambsfoot:
View attachment 1514521

- GT
Wow! That 85 is nice! Except for having a coping instead of a pen, it’s identical to my Grandpa’s old Camillus and the duplicate I found to carry. Super comfy in my hand.
That is what i was told !!! I have the brains of a horse.;).
I’ve been called other parts of horse anatomy,:D
R&D knife. I'm liking it......a lot!
View attachment 1514738
Very nice work~ you’re talented, my friend!
I have Micarta Monday and Metal Monday both covered today. My wife wanted to throw the metal one away but I rescued it. :D
Back when my wife worked at a country club, and had to open a lot of wine bottles, I learned that a LOT of the “genuine” Laguile waiters tools were Chinese junk. She tossed it after being unable to even peel the foil off of a cork and went back to her trusty modern corkscrew/waiter’s knife.

@Jack Black ~ can you get your hands on any Irish blackthorne? If it turns out too short, you could have a cudgel. Or as an old retired cop referred to his sap, a “persuader”.

Back when my wife worked at a country club, and had to open a lot of wine bottles, I learned that a LOT of the “genuine” Laguile waiters tools were Chinese junk. She tossed it after being unable to even peel the foil off of a cork and went back to her trusty modern corkscrew/waiter’s knife.
I know what you mean, Jeff. I wouldn’t trust this one too much.

Yeah Jeff, used both blades (the screwdriver only once to break the plug from a plastic box), but the Spearpoint acquitted itself well skinning the Romex cable - a job I normally prefer to do with a Sheepfoot. OH
In my cigar box of that pattern, I have a three bladed Klein and Sons. The third blade is a hawkbill, which is perfect for that, as well as cutting drywall for boxes. Unfortunately, it’s real fat, so a real electrician would carry it in a pouch.
I had originally planned on converting it to a pruning jack for farm work, but time goes by...

Back