What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Magnificent knife, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you, Gary. :)

Hope everyone is having a good day. I've had a pleasant, but very tiring day out in the woods, a good hike, lots of slingshot practice, and two truck-loads of firewood gathered for my pal (in his ex-US Army vintage Sherpa) :) Just my Hartshead Barlow today - and a Bahco Lapplander saw! :D :thumbsup:

1vogtkB.jpg

That sounds like a good day, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I bet it was great to get outside and do something. That's a great photo of your Hartshead Barlow.

As usual, I'm carrying a couple of canoes this week, a honey bone Buck and a cinnamon stag bone Rough Ryder with Damascus blades:
View attachment 1516259

View attachment 1516260

I also have, as usual, a couple of stockman knives, one regular and one sowbelly. The regular stockman is a lintless model from Imperial Ireland (thanks, Dave) and the sowbelly is my first, an amber jigged bone Rough Rider:
View attachment 1516261

View attachment 1516262

- GT

Gary, your cinnamon stag bone RR with Damascus blades canoe is stunning! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::eek:

@Leslie Tomville :D viperus berus according to the great scientist Linnaeus

in Finnish it's 'Kyy' -yeah you heard that right and in Swedish the language other Finns use as a mother tongue it's 'Huggorm' I don't want the snakes getting more fearsome than these anyway, that Alligator you showed, encountered at night would freak me :eek: Make some tidy watch-straps or bags though :D The Cat also kills Stoats and Ferrets no mean feat as these are highly aggressive predators. No big snakes or Gators here, but there Are Bears, Wolves, Lynxes out there in the forests these can concentrate the mind......

https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyy

I think GEC released an early 23 pattern in very interesting SARPENT bone looking like snake scales and a good acrylic with a reptile theme too some while ago:cool: That Gator :eek::eek::D

Thanks, Jeff; it's a pattern I really enjoy. :) It originally had a pen secondary, but Paul Hilborn modified it to a coping blade, and added the EO notch.

I enjoyed the stories about the Vic Fisherman and about Fisherman Jeff! :thumbsup::thumbsup::)
But what I'm really wondering about is the ice in the first photo. Did you make an ice sculpture of the fish depicted on the knife??!?? :eek::eek::thumbsup: I know you've got skilz, but that's crazy!

- GT

No, ice sculptor I’m not. The snow on the deck had been keeping me from posing my daily totes on Dead Guy’s Table, but this time I risked getting snow inside of my LL Bean moccasins. That’s when I saw that lump of ice on the railing. I think it was formed, partially melted/carved, re-formed, repeatedly by melt water coming off the eaves.

@paulhilborn fixed that jack up nicely. I think that shape calls for an EO notch.

Back