What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ovb4bJe.jpg

A splendid pairing!! Wowza...

Thank you my friend, I'm so glad to hear about Dennis :) I'm grateful for your kind words, it's so warm here today, I've HAD to go out :)

Sadly, I learned from Geoff Tweedale, that Stan Shaw passed away on Friday :( I thought I'd switch out my Damascus Lambsfoot for the Lambsfoot Stan made me a few years back. RIP Stan :thumbsup:

l8wdcop.jpg

ZzbuGbu.jpg

I'm sad to here Stan has passed Jack. My condolences to you, his friends and family. I have enjoyed your photos, stories and the learning you have passed from Stan to us.

It feels like the end of an era.

:D

Thanks for the comments on my Cadet, John & Dean. :) Pocket time has to be allocated in an equitable manner for all my Alox SAKs, John; I can't just play favorites! :eek::rolleyes:
(Many of my pics are taken when a knife is new, and sometimes I rarely take more recent photos, so the pics I post often don't represent the current condition of a knife very accurately.)

Your stag medium stockman is top banana, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Thank you the info on your Alox SAks and the kind comment on my stag stockman, Gary.

Duel of the soddies.

My wife asked me to lend her one of my knives to prepare our meal. I gave her these two, to compare and report back :)

Chestnut bone flat ground stainless
Yellow Delrin hollow ground cv carbon

She reports that they are both very good and could not pick a favorite ... really hun :rolleyes: :D

So I'll pick the yellow one so I can post it in the yellow Sunday thread :thumbsup: :)

tUWZCLd.jpg

Congrats on the big new folder, Tony! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Whether you got an incredible deal or paid top dollar, sounds like you're very happy with it!

Thanks, Gary! I made an offer a little under asking, and was able to close the deal. And yes, I do like it very much. I may try to carry this exclusively for a while, and see how it suits me. If you (or anyone else) have a recommendation for a pocket slip or belt sheath that fits it, please let me know! —Tony

Well, took another polar plunge today, only it wasn’t intentional this time. Was breaking up some ice around the dock, lost my balance, fell off the dock and went right through the ice! Pretty deep water but I was able to get ahold of the dock and climb out. Had my 86 tortoise in my pocket but I’m happy to report after a flush with WD40 and a few drops of fresh oil in the joint it’s all good! Overall, I’d say I was pretty lucky!:thumbsup:
9B578036-8E86-4602-A774-3A87E8305483.jpeg

Back