What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

JJ Cahill

Basic Member
Splendid Sunday Spears JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very much, Jack!!!
Starting off the week (and month) with my Hartshead Barlow and a Stan Shaw Ruler Knife, the last knife I had from him :( :thumbsup:

PPUUjTs.jpg

6R9CzpL.jpg
Super cool pairing with your Hartshead Barlow and the Stan Shaw Ruler knife; the Stan Shaw is an awesome "Metal Monday" addition!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've struck out on all of the GEC knives I tried to buy in the last year or so. The thrill of the hunt is fun, but it's discouraging to whiff so many times in a row, and I'm probably about to miss another. I might stop trying soon.

I don't mean to complain too much though, and I'm not sad about it right now; it's making me grateful for the small collection I have already. This Beer Scout in particular is my favourite knife, and I carry it all the time, including today. I wish I had a bottle of beer to open with it, but I've got cans, so again, no real complaints.

ZcxFuL4.jpg

TheFactor

Life is good !
Platinum Member
Looks nice! What kind of turntable is that? Also, I followed the video you posted about tying that leather lanyard and it worked well! Thanks!
Thank you ! It’s a Pro-ject Debut Carbon Esprit . Wonderful sound and depth :thumbsup:
Oh man your very welcome ! That’s great I was hoping that video would help you out and get you started with lanyards.
HZRQGGQ.jpg

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Cool pic Bill :) :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks my friend, you're very kind :) :thumbsup:

Another gorgeous pic Dwight :cool: :thumbsup:

Splendid Sunday Spears JJ :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Blimey! :eek: I'm glad you're alright :eek: :thumbsup:

Starting off the week (and month) with my Hartshead Barlow and a Stan Shaw Ruler Knife, the last knife I had from him :( :thumbsup:

PPUUjTs.jpg

6R9CzpL.jpg

I'm just getting a bit caught up, Jack, and I read of Stan Shaw's passing. My sincerest condolences to you - what a tragic loss. My thoughts are with you, as well as his family.

A couple in dark jigged bone for me today (I finally landed one these Winchesters).

gwwcMyQ.jpg

Two really nice looking knives, the color on your sodbuster is fantastic!:thumbsup:

Thank you! I must admit that sodbuster wasn't what I was expecting, having ordered it on a pic of a verry deep even dark brown.

Any small disappointment was momentary, I've always loved the gradient and variation of bone, especially on Case knives. A lot of guys complain that Case dye jobs aren't more even, but its one thing I really enjoy about them.

Lighter and redder than I ever would have expected, it really is a gorgeous handle.

Jack Black

Gold Member
Thank you very much, Jack!!!

Super cool pairing with your Hartshead Barlow and the Stan Shaw Ruler knife; the Stan Shaw is an awesome "Metal Monday" addition!:cool::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Starting the week with these two Remington jacks, the Big Jack made by Camillus. :)

Many thanks JJ, that is a pairing I always look forward to seeing, just fabulous :) :thumbsup:

I'm just getting a bit caught up, Jack, and I read of Stan Shaw's passing. My sincerest condolences to you - what a tragic loss. My thoughts are with you, as well as his family.

A couple in dark jigged bone for me today (I finally landed one these Winchesters).

gwwcMyQ.jpg

Thank you kindly Dylan :) Congratulations on the Winchester buddy :thumbsup:

I'm carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with a Sheffield Lambsfoot, which @jsdistin rebuilt, and recovered in African Blackwood :thumbsup:

K5vVC6v.jpg

(The marmalade was a gift for Stan's 90th birthday.)

iftoKJv.jpg

Last edited: