What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Gotta be a pair of finalists in the Golden Bone contest, Steve! ;):cool::cool:

I have no experience with the Eureka jack pattern, and the handle shape looks "odd" to me, but the folks who have them sure seem to like them! Great photo of a knife I wish I knew more about. :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Thanks Gary ! Count me as one who loves the Eureka Jack, it is very comfy in hand and one of my favorite GEC's :thumbsup:

Old coins, bad lighting and Micarta today:thumbsup:
Aayi7y.jpg

Thank you, Jack. :)
It makes me smile too, I enjoy the bright colors.
It was a very generous gift from @knowtracks :cool::thumbsup:

Very kind indeed John, it's a treasure for sure :) :thumbsup:

Meaningful pair, Jack; that ruler knife is a very nice memento of Stan Shaw. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you very much Gary :) :thumbsup:

Admittedly, I had to do my research to understand Mr. Shaw’s contributions to knife making—very sorry to learn of his passing.

Thank you again Tony :thumbsup:

A very grand knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice single-blade Gunstock. :cool::thumbsup:
I don't remember seeing that one before, apologies if I'd missed it.

Very nice... I really like single blade Sheepsfoot Barlows, so very handy.

I'm glad somebody from here on the Porch was able to grab that #66 Jack, it's absolutely amazing. :cool::thumbsup:
It is a new one. A great one! Thanks for noticing!

Ed Staub & Sons delivered Red Dyed Kerosene yesterday for our Monitor Heater. I went ahead and had them top off the 250 gallon tank since the price per gallon hasn't gone up too much - $2.82 a gallon. It only took 91.1 gallons so it won't hurt the wallet too bad. SO, that calls for a trip to town to pay the fuel bill and a visit to the Wagon Wheel Cafe and then on to the Holiday Market for groceries. I'm gonna carry my Boker Trapper with smooth yellow bone covers and I'm gonna carry it in it's fancy dancy belt sheath. Your knife can never be over dressed when you take it to the fuel yards.

EJJSY3J.jpg

FITeuTV.jpg

My daughter will turn 33 on her next birthday, but I still fondly remember the days of taking her grocery shopping with me on Saturdays and her pulling out her toy "checkout line" and imitating the grocery store cashiers, or walking around the house taking orders on her little pad after a visit to a restaurant, or even "playing Barbies" with her on too many Sunday afternoons to count!
The time really does go quickly doesn't it. I was grateful for all the time I got to spend with my daughter during the covid lockdowns. My wife worked from home and I took care of our daughter.

Many thanks JJ, that is a pairing I always look forward to seeing, just fabulous :) :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Jack!!!
I'm carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with a Sheffield Lambsfoot, which @jsdistin rebuilt, and recovered in African Blackwood :thumbsup:

K5vVC6v.jpg

(The marmalade was a gift for Stan's 90th birthday.)

iftoKJv.jpg
A pair of marvelous Sheffield slicers for you today; your Stan Shaw is quite a stand out with those amazing covers and multi lined bolsters!:D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A pair with flair and an incredibly dapper trapper, Gary! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Handsome pair of knives, Ross! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The Presidential is probably my favorite Northwoods pattern (just based on photos ;)).

- GT

Thanks Gary!

Back