What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Paint it Black...

Mind you, brilliant sun today :cool:

uT3QseG.jpg

Duncan’s a fine one, very Kool :cool::thumbsup:

cheers,
Gus

He sure is :) :thumbsup:

Painted by nature... ;)

Beautiful knife, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:
The jigging, the color, the shield... just classy all-around.

Thank you very much John :thumbsup:

For Black Friday...
Some Ebony, and some Synthetic Ebony. ;)
Wright's Lambsfoot and Case Medium Jack... Both Excellent knives!!!

Nicely paired :) :thumbsup:

Bring on the weekend!

nkGGt11.jpg

Great composition Mike :cool: :thumbsup:

Impressive Joshua :thumbsup:

Nice photo Bill :cool: :thumbsup:

Starting the week with these two Remington jacks, the Big Jack made by Camillus. :)
Very photogenic pair, JJ, and that triangle shield is a treat! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

A couple in dark jigged bone for me today (I finally landed one these Winchesters).

gwwcMyQ.jpg
Congrats on the Black Box sowbelly stockman, Dylan! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have one that I enjoy very much (although I'll admit to a bias in favor of the sowbelly stockman pattern :rolleyes:).

Thank you! I must admit that sodbuster wasn't what I was expecting, having ordered it on a pic of a verry deep even dark brown.

Any small disappointment was momentary, I've always loved the gradient and variation of bone, especially on Case knives. A lot of guys complain that Case dye jobs aren't more even, but its one thing I really enjoy about them.

Lighter and redder than I ever would have expected, it really is a gorgeous handle.
I've posted this before, but here's a pic that illustrates the variability in shades among Case chestnut jigged bone examples among those that I have. (I think I have 3 other patterns now from the chestnut CV series, so it's time that I update the family photo; maybe when the weather gets warm. ;))
chestnut.fam.open.sun.jpg

I'm carrying my Stan Shaw Sheepsfoot today, along with a Sheffield Lambsfoot, which @jsdistin rebuilt, and recovered in African Blackwood :thumbsup:

K5vVC6v.jpg

(The marmalade was a gift for Stan's 90th birthday.)

iftoKJv.jpg
Exemplary pair of ovine blades, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That sawcut soup bone TC is a memorable Barlow, LT! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Forgot to add my knife pic. Carrying my pioneer today.
gOCvLza.jpg
Psychedelic Pioneer pic! :eek::cool::cool:

No worries... I’ve since found a couple options!
I hope you find a carry option that enhances the magnitude of the experience of that gigantic folder! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks Gary ! Count me as one who loves the Eureka Jack, it is very comfy in hand and one of my favorite GEC's :thumbsup:
Thanks for the Eureka Jack input, Steve. :) Seems like the only current models are Case/Bose collabs and GECs.

E.C. Simmons peanut

49751324612_53b6749724_b.jpg
Fine photo of a phenomenal Peanut, Gev; draws the eye right to the heart of the matter! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Your knife can never be over dressed when you take it to the fuel yards.
I never knew that! ;):cool::cool:

The time really does go quickly doesn't it. I was grateful for all the time I got to spend with my daughter during the covid lockdowns. My wife worked from home and I took care of our daughter.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thank you, Gary. :) Now if I could just sing the blues...
I sing almost any musical genre, but none of them well. :rolleyes:

I'm carrying this Case stockman today.

View attachment 1519573
I think that's a very handsome stockman, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've recently been looking at a canoe dressed similarly with the lined bolsters and burnt amber bone.

Thanks! Yeah, that’s the view from out deck of the lake, good morning light for quick shots before heading to work! (got another picture from the same place this morning):)
Here is my carry today, the 86 in tortoise (still looking for its little brother, a 14) and a new Boker Trapper in plumwood.
View attachment 1519622
Definitely a good spot for knife pics; your pair in this shot looks great! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

On through the night as I’ll be with this one ‘till tomorrow.
View attachment 1519623
A great one to all.
I've always admired the Böker Barlows with the tree on the bolster (493??), but I've never seen one like yours - very intriguing! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1519655 Copperhead and whittler today,
Charming couple of knives (and slips); fighting roosters and kissing cranes?? ;):cool::cool:

Due to an unforeseen "glitch" in my knife rotation scheduling algorithm, my Case mini copperhead showed up this week as the representative in both the Watch Pocket category AND the Peanut-like category. I like the knife a lot, so I put it in the listings for both categories so I'd get to carry it more often, but who knew it would come up in both categories in the same week?? :eek::oops::rolleyes:
minicop.mark.main.jpg

Big Knife this week is a Rough Rider one-arm trapper:
razortrapper.ott.closed.jpg

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Case Caliber muskrat:
musk.mark.2open.jpg

- GT

Quite the variance in colors... I like that, variety is the spice of life.
I think I like the Swayback the best, very dark color but lighter at the bolsters. :cool::thumbsup:
The color variance may be somewhat exaggerated because the shot was taken in bright sunshine. I think the shot below is the same array of knives, but I moved so that my shadow fell over the knives. I don't think there's as much lightening near the bolsters in this shady shot.
chestnut.fam.open.shady.jpg

- GT

I've posted this before, but here's a pic that illustrates the variability in shades among Case chestnut jigged bone examples among those that I have. (I think I have 3 other patterns now from the chestnut CV series, so it's time that I update the family photo; maybe when the weather gets warm. ;))
View attachment 1521177

I sing almost any musical genre, but none of them well. :rolleyes:

I think that's a very handsome stockman, Dean! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I've recently been looking at a canoe dressed similarly with the lined bolsters and burnt amber bone.

- GT

Thank you, Gary; I recommend the dressed up burnt amber bone line from Case. That is a great shot of your Case Chestnut Bone knife collection. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

chestnut-fam-open-sun-jpg.1521177

Extraordinary variety of tones from the chestnut jigged bone of yours Cases, Gary!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary !
Not sure if it’s the model number, 3768 is engraved on the mark side bolster.
*Grats on the blue bone mini !!

I hope you find a carry option that enhances the magnitude of the experience of that gigantic folder! ;):cool::cool:

Thanks, I'll figure it out, Gary--that knife is too much fun not to carry!

There was another big one that I missed out on years ago--a large GEC Camp knife. Those blew right past me. I was reminded of it when I was whittling with the Kamp King yesterday evening. Made shavings in the garage, and then stepped into the dimming light to throw some sparks. The awl is perfect for that. Went with the black covers to keep with today's theme. Have a good one!

m1Mxlhol.jpg

PHCeID2l.jpg

awp5qDMl.jpg

Back