What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

today844.jpg

the family photo; maybe when the weather gets warm. ;))
View attachment 1521177

Definitely a good spot for knife pics; your pair in this shot looks great! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
What a great looking family Gary! I have the peanut, swayback, and sodbuster jr. been looking for a chestnut sowbelly in CV, I have a couple sowbelly patterns but they are event knives and I don’t use them. I would like to have one to use. If you don’t mind me asking, when did you get yours? Don’t see them around much. And, thank you for the compliment on my picture!
Todd

It's a beautiful day today. I hope I get a chance to get out and enjoy it. The camera will come with me if I do, and the Laguiole will be with me even if I don't.
8WCjBNX.jpg

Hard not to admire that camera! :D :thumbsup:

I've posted this before, but here's a pic that illustrates the variability in shades among Case chestnut jigged bone examples among those that I have. (I think I have 3 other patterns now from the chestnut CV series, so it's time that I update the family photo; maybe when the weather gets warm. ;))
View attachment 1521177

Exemplary pair of ovine blades, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary, I'm enjoying the pics of your Case Chestnut Jigged Bone collection :) :thumbsup:

For Old Friends Friday, I'm carrying this Boker Tree Brand stockman model #7588. I've had it for several years.

View attachment 1521202

Very handsome Dean, I think I have the same model in Tortoiseshell Acrylic, and it's due some pocket-time :)

TGIF!
New friend, old friend today.
nPrc9fs.jpg

Very cool Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

There was another big one that I missed out on years ago--a large GEC Camp knife. Those blew right past me. I was reminded of it when I was whittling with the Kamp King yesterday evening. Made shavings in the garage, and then stepped into the dimming light to throw some sparks. The awl is perfect for that. Went with the black covers to keep with today's theme. Have a good one!

m1Mxlhol.jpg

PHCeID2l.jpg

awp5qDMl.jpg

Was that Charlie's Texas Camp Knife? I remember thinking that would be too big and heavy for me to carry when it first appeared, but I always enjoy seeing the ones posted, and have certainly warmed to it :) Cool pics :thumbsup:

Was that Charlie's Texas Camp Knife? I remember thinking that would be too big and heavy for me to carry when it first appeared, but I always enjoy seeing the ones posted, and have certainly warmed to it :) Cool pics :thumbsup:

yes, that’s it! I’d love to find one of those at a reasonable price. Between that and my small woods axe, I could get by just fine. Glad you liked the pics!

TGIF!!!

Grabbed the B&S to give the UJ a rest. I really like the blade on the B&S with the long pull and swedge though - may stick with it through the weekend.

29 resting on some Old Bay - anyone from the east coast knows its glory :cool:

Very appetizing microwaved shepherds pie...
264FD79B-9EAF-4696-8538-2BDC2104E102.jpeg

yes, that’s it! I’d love to find one of those at a reasonable price. Between that and my small woods axe, I could get by just fine. Glad you liked the pics!

It's a beast isn't it? :) I don't know what the run was, but we don't see them often here. I think Charlie might have offered to gift me one, but I said I didn't think I'd carry it :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

It's a beast isn't it? :) I don't know what the run was, but we don't see them often here. I think Charlie might have offered to gift me one, but I said I didn't think I'd carry it :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

I'm so feeble. I just ordered one of the Camillus near-repros of the Remington Bullet that I think Charlie's Texas was modelled on. I once had one of the original Remingtons, but the sheepsfoot was broken off, and I couldn't find one with a different blade broken, so I ended up selling it. I would have made an awful mess trying to fix it myself with a home-made blade.

I fell into the Costco trap. I don't go there often, so the bill is large, so I say, "Hey! That knife isn't so expensive compared to groceries!" While I'm at it, I might go back to Aucland for something I'm watching.

Very photogenic pair, JJ, and that triangle shield is a treat! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thanks Gary!!!
The color variance may be somewhat exaggerated because the shot was taken in bright sunshine. I think the shot below is the same array of knives, but I moved so that my shadow fell over the knives. I don't think there's as much lightening near the bolsters in this shady shot.
chestnut-fam-open-shady-jpg.1521200
Wonderful line up of Case Chestnut beauties; five very photogenic lovelies! :D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back