What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Starting to sprinkle here, rain is on the way. Going brewery hunting again today, little rain won’t stop us! Will be carrying my new J Adams lambfoot. Thanks for the recommendation Jack!:thumbsup:
View attachment 1543512
First off, the new knife looks great. Second, I wish it was raining here; we need it. Third, brewery hunting sounds awesome; I need to do that. Sounds like a great Saturday.

I was branding cows and processing calves again today. I had this one with me; gifted to me by @JohnDF. :thumbsup:
jR0zvu1.jpg

Had to put down and walk away from the 01 Tool Steel for a while
Worked on this Northwoods D2 blade instead, just because
EDIT: And finally got the 01 Tool Steel to come to an understanding
Took the Ken Onion Work Sharp and progression through all the belts though
Saved that as a last resort because I knew it would remove more metal than other methods

BWZGfAF.jpg

EDIT: WOooHOoo ... made it through the bonding phase with the 01 Tool Steel :)
This is going to be one tough, wear resistant blade
After about an hour's work off and on with Lansky and Spyderco ... they barely touched it
Took Ken Onions Work Sharp to swiftly bring it to its senses LOL
(G.Wines Sheffield England Lambsfoot)

RZmvTfF.jpg

Last edited:
Toting these two Schrades for Saturday. :)

I love the etches on those two beautiful museum-grade Schrades JJ, very cool :cool: :) :thumbsup:

A little stag Ohta and my constant Boker Nessmi companion.
Have a great weekend! We are flirting with 80F here today! Yesterday the lawn didn't need mowed, today it does!:eek:
C1D0OOd.jpg

Perfect pairing Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

The "Canadian Mounties" never stop, be it winter or spring ( or summer or fall :D )

Today we rode about 10 km, brought my green pioneer along :)

Winter
Zxcy2eC.jpg

Spring :)

WDjoRSS.jpg

UwP61pX.jpg

Stopped for a while to share some tea with some soldiers at the British encampment at Crysler's Farm.

They were rather impressed by my Swiss Army knife and by Californian leather craftmanship ;):cool::)

6wC81MR.jpg

qbEBMjy.jpg

Ace pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Like that pairing and the Forum Knife 2018 is a particular favourite, always on the look-out for a back up example for mine ;) Tremendous bargain for the money I thought
Regards, Will

Thanks for your message. I got that 301 thanks to a generous member who’s a friend now. That’s a Good idea from you, now even I don’t mind getting a back up :D
Cheers!

Had to put down and walk away from the 01 Tool Steel for a while
Worked on this Northwoods D2 blade instead, just because
EDIT: And finally got the 01 Tool Steel to come to an understanding
Took the Ken Onion Work Sharp and progression through all the belts though
Saved that as a last resort because I knew it would remove more metal than other methods

BWZGfAF.jpg

EDIT: WOooHOoo ... made it through the bonding phase with the 01 Tool Steel :)
This is going to be one tough, wear resistant blade
After about an hour's work off and on with Lansky and Spyderco ... they barely touched it
Took Ken Onions Work Sharp to swiftly bring it to its senses LOL
(G.Wines Sheffield England Lambsfoot)

RZmvTfF.jpg
Good to hear you won out in the end! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The 85 I put in my pocket for the first time yesterday and put a fresh 17 degree edge on today. The 35 is my sons, was gifted to him for Christmas.

cxEWKb0.jpg
No bottlecap is safe with that combo.:cool:

Hope everyone has a great Sunday :thumbsup:

My 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO, and a #66 Stockman gifted to me by @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:

YO4KyJK.jpg

jn8ytk2.jpg
Lovely ironwood on a lovely knife. :thumbsup::thumbsup::)

Wow! :eek: What sort of knife is that with the natural bone covers? Some Italian friction folder? It’s certainly a beauty. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow! :eek: What sort of knife is that with the natural bone covers? Some Italian friction folder? It’s certainly a beauty. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi,
Thank you. This is a "Jacknife" by Jerome Bellon, a self-taught French knife maker who makes superb knives in many different styles. His work is remarkable, I invite you to visit his website.
Forced action, patinated carbon steel blade, mosaic damascus bolster, patinated carbon steel spring, polished deer bone handle. Length 19cm blade 8,7cm.

Back