What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

OxlQ4t5.jpg

Hi,
Thank you. This is a "Jacknife" by Jerome Bellon, a self-taught French knife maker who makes superb knives in many different styles. His work is remarkable, I invite you to visit his website.
Forced action, patinated carbon steel blade, mosaic damascus bolster, patinated carbon steel spring, polished deer bone handle. Length 19cm blade 8,7cm.
It’s a wonderful knife. Thanks for sharing!

Still playing catch-up in this, and numerous other, threads. ;)
Pretty Peanut, GT. :cool::thumbsup:
Thank you for saying so, John. :)

Finding knives to give my kids when they're old enough should be a fun project indeed. I do have plenty of time for it, but it seems like my daughter went from 0 to 3 in no time at all.
:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: (I could say the same thing about the time it took my daughter to go from birth to 32! :rolleyes:)

let’s just say that I did some sweeping up ;)
5K Qs 5K Qs This one is for you, Gary... I managed to keep the shavings/curls together :D
niRxc2q.jpg

Thanks for the updates on your whittling "housekeeping", Tony! :):cool::cool: Did you make that high-density pile of curly shavings with that big fixed blade?? I don't think I could control a big knife well enough to generate such consistent results! :eek:

High class pair, Todd; that striped copperhead is especially striking! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you, Gary. :) Per you request, here's a photo of my two new Bucks: 503 and 501 compared.

A perspective of size shot

View attachment 1541852

A better shot of how the knives look for comparison of blades and covers.

View attachment 1541851
Thanks for the comparison pics of your 2 elegant Bucks, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Those drop point blades are certainly more appealing to me than is the Buck 110 snoopy clip, and the silver "hardware" on your 50x pair is also quite a draw!
Good to see your bocote Canal Street Forum Knife again, too! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I've been totin it in my front right pocket next to my wallet. I thought I was going to sheath carry but this has been working out pretty well so far,
Interesting update on your 110 challenge, Steve! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I'm glad to hear that it's working out to pocket carry it so far.

Thanks, Gary. Yes, very focused. Happy Easter!
Vince, you didn't happen to do the Camino de Santiago in Spain and pick up a Spanish knife or two, did you?? ;)

That'd be a heatwave here Gary! :D Cool Cracked Ice buddy :) :thumbsup:
Icy cool, Gary. I feel cooler looking at them; wait a minute that is the front coming in with rain and cooler air. :D Still great looking knives! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack & Dean; I was surprised to see all 3 of those cracked ice knives come up in the same week. :)
80˚F in early April is rare here, too; at least 25˚ above average high temp for this time of year, I'd guess.

DcPVqYt.jpg

This little JJ Martinez helped me today.
My Spanish traditional slippy I bought on a road trip around Spain 2 years ago.
I admire your Spanish knives, gentlemen! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I have 3 knives from JJ Martinez and like them very much! And I have a couple that are made by Salamandra, but not identified as coming from that manufacturer; also knives I enjoy.

I carried my Case Congress on my hike today.

View attachment 1542280
I always enjoy your "on the trail" photos, Dean; the covers on your congress remind me of a cookie, for some reason! :rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I really like that photo, with the distinctive jigging on the red bone being very similar to the pits worn into the stones! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

It is a Case model that I have wanted for probably 10 years .

Harry
Congrats on the saddlehorn, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: The copperhead bolster on it is a fabulous feature!

My son and I made his Case wooden knife kit he got in his Easter basket. We just finished it and he has “worked on” or cut everything in sight. View attachment 1542557
Very cool! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Almost every time I make a knife order, I contemplate ordering a wooden canoe kit, but I haven't done so yet; just a matter of time! :rolleyes:

Put down the chestnut swayback and the Benchmade 940 combo for a few days to carry something else. Today it was this one.

c3rTKNb.jpg
The Ancient TC is a classic, Wayne, but that beautiful old top really caught my attention! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Today with this Portuguese knife TAD-Genísio.;):thumbsup:
... ...
Interesting knife, José, with a fascinating nail nick! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Last edited:
Out to dinner with friends last night, carried the Stag Case lock-back. Heading to the woods for several days of turkey hunting, carrying the Case 3318 in my pocket, a Buck 110 on my hip, and a Buck 121 just in case I get to breast a wild turkey. OH
Case_51749_LSS_Mini-Copperlock_-_2000.jpg

Case_3318_HE_-_1980_Yellow_Delrin.jpg
That sounds fun.
I’d take a nice minty Schrade Muskrat, though:D
View attachment 1544092 View attachment 1544093 This Rat was a gift from Bruce:thumbsup:

Didn’t see this coming. Stopped at GP just to take a look BEFORE the brewery hunt began, because stopping AFTER a few beers isn’t a good idea. :D A mini copperlock was not on the radar but spotted this one and couldn’t pass it up. To me the amber bone is classic Case.
275EE7D4-B18F-4549-9E1E-C38F0027AB9E.jpeg

GiantMouse GMF1-F, modded Opinel No. 8

I have never carried a fixed blade and don't even know how it would work in my life but seeing your Gmf1 just makes me want to try...

Case SB jr
NjzYyDr.jpg

and my usual Otter
GUVI6rc.jpg
I have looked at the Otter 3 rivet a couple times. How is it?

XCF0llr.jpg

Carrying my trusty mini copperlock for the week ahead.

Didn’t see this coming. Stopped at GP just to take a look BEFORE the brewery hunt began, because stopping AFTER a few beers isn’t a good idea. :D A mini copperlock was not on the radar but spotted this one and couldn’t pass it up. To me the amber bone is classic Case.
View attachment 1544187

Sometimes, there’s another level of “on my radar” that lurks and simmers in the deep, dank recesses of my subconsciousness that bubbles up from the depths. Which is one reason I don’t drink!:eek::D
In your case, you obviously retained enough impulse control to have made a fine purchase:thumbsup:
Yer right~ Case amber bone is nice!

Back