What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

f-m-mark-vopen-backyard-jpg.1546154
It's so cool that you still have that wonderful knife, GT. :)

It's so cool that you still have that wonderful knife, GT. :)
Thanks, John. :) I'm very happy I still have it!
My parents gave me another knife in my youth, maybe for 8th grade graduation. It had fake pearl handles and 2 blades, but I can't even remember if it was a jack or a pen set-up. I only carried it to church on Sundays, usually a morning and an evening service, and it stayed in the pocket of my suit jacket during the week. But I don't know what happened to that knife. :( When I went away to college, I don't think I took the suit with me, and I don't know what happened to the suit or the contents of its pockets. Wish I still had that knife, too. :rolleyes:

- GT

View attachment 1546086
72 in the pocket so far this week. Been putting in the hours lately so I gave myself a couple hours off this evening ;)
Don’t mind the work jeans. In the words of Colter Wall, who I’ve got running through the speakers, “I ain't got a dime in these old warn out jeans, so I'll stop eating steak, and I'll go back to beans ”:p

that’s a beauty!

Beautiful Boker, their Plum Wood is fantastic.:thumbsup:

Glad to see you’re enjoying that Saddlehorn Harry, it’s a fantastic looking knife!;):thumbsup:
Thank you very much my friend . It is a nice knife in hand also . Got it a little smudged up today . It came to me very sharp and the Sabre grind works pretty well on ever-greens .
Harry

And raining, so out on the porch at the corner of Walk 'n Don't Walk
Fiddling around with some arrowhead having looking things
From the bone and steel heap

a1GGme3.jpg
Love those two dogleg jacks! Or, if you prefer, slimline trappers...
Schrade called their 194 the former, Case, the latter. But I can’t make out the tang stamps. GEC #48?
Nice pair...

Great old 4 line jack, Steve! Stamped on the pile side~ Is that rare?

Took a day off to head into the mountains and do a little shooting with an old gun, newer gun and a Schrade Walden in my pocket
53-DEEF53-B863-4-E7-C-9-B8-B-19-E9-C08-CECD8.jpg
881~ Darned near the perfect pocket knife!

Last edited:
Love those two dogleg jacks! Or, if you prefer, slimline trappers...
Schrade called their 194 the former, Case, the latter. But I can’t make out the tang stamps. GEC #48
Thank you sir. Think they called it a combination of the two ... slim jack.
And most definitely hard to read without strong magnification and light/shadow just right

Dt3Ft87.jpg

Last edited:
Back