What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I think your old cattle knife is in fine company.

51116471621_07bd98aaef_b.jpg[IMG]
I love this jack.
And I really need to go fishing soon!

Thanks Gary, I really like it, very thin in the hand. I think it was partly to blame for yesterday’s mini copperlock purchase!:D
Todd, it's hard enough to resist the allure of other people's knives, but when our own knives make us want to go buy other knives, we don't stand a chance! :eek::p

These two Cases caught my eye today. :)
Glamour shot of a couple of gorgeous bone Cases, JJ! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

hey Gary—yes, that Behring Made Woodcraft is just the perfect size... big, but not unmanageable for carving. At 4 3/4”, the blade is phenomenally versatile, and the grind and tempering is outstanding. Those curls are the result of a fair amount of practice over the years, and an exquisite tool.
Thanks for the additional info, Tony. :)

No, Señor. But I did buy an stainless Opinel No. 8 with walnut handle for my daughter. :cool:
You're a good dad, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys! Urban birds (wild but too close to people) are like Jekyll-Hyde, very different personalities. Wild birds will be a gone ghost if they see a human 400 yards away. OH
Thanks for talking turkey with us, Bruce! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: Did you have any luck when you were out earlier this week?

Messing around working on a few things in the garage with this one today:
N5MgJU9.jpg
Man, that is a classy classic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Good on you, Gary, a 7 mile trek is some good exercise.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I carried these two this Sunday. Recovered in rosewood Pal cattle punch and a smooth bone Fight'n Rooster copperhead.
View attachment 1544558
Couple of show-stoppers there, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
I've walked at least 6 miles all but 5 days since March 11, 2020. Enjoyable exercise, and essential for my mental health, too. ;)

NSFW: ... Nekkid Thumbs
Too many difficult knives lately
Monday is recovery Monday
Smooth & Easy ... Thank you Buck 500

D9FHFvb.jpg

VOjfAqy.jpg
That Buck is very elegant (especially compared to your thumbs :rolleyes:)! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

A pleasure Gary :) Interesting question, I reckon so :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:

How are you getting on with using the carbon Rough Riders Gary? I've not seen that Folding Hunter over here, though RR's are a good deal more expensive. I'd hoped they'd do more carbon steel knives, but maybe I'm just not seeing them. The double nicks/pulls, together with all the other bells and whistles are a bit 'busy' for me, it'd be nice to see them do a nice, simple, carbon steel Sodbuster for example :) Good to see the Silver Bullet!
I like the carbon Rough Riders very much, Jack. :) They seem quite similar to Case CV steel to a non-expert like me; the patina actually reminds me more of the patina that develops on the Guardians lambsfoot knives. I agree with you that having some less "ornate" options from RR would be desirable. ;):thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good week :) I'm starting mine off with a Waynorth Lambsfoot, and a small Ibberson Yachting Knife for Metal Monday :thumbsup:

zlVxp9b.jpg

tua9O06.jpg
That Waynorth always makes me swoon, and the "Yachting knife" sounds quite posh! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
I suppose all you Brits have the sea in your blood, and I remember singing about you in particular when I was a lad:
Sailing, Sailing
Over the bounding main
Where many a stormy wind will blow
Ere Jack comes home again.

Still not quite sure of the etymology of "bounding main". :rolleyes:

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs you’re welcome Gary. No, they are just now firing up, too many hens yet to be bred, I think next week will be more productive (hope it will be!). Worked one hard for nearly an hour and a half but never could get him to commit to being shot. OH

Back