What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

jDOqOQc.jpg

That’s the “Finger Tip Slicer Spey”.

John, either that’s an optical illusion, or the kick on your spey blade is dangerously high.
I'm sure it was fine back when it was a sheepsfoot. :D
I plan to file the kick and round the profile a bit more.
I didn't do the original re-profiling, but had to buy the elusive double spey Stockman.

Robust red pair, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

He loved the toothpick, I think we may do the canoe in the future!

Thanks Gary! I am enjoying it, and I am enjoying the process of tracking them all down. There was a 2012 on fleabay, but it went for over $450 lol. Too rich for my blood.
Continued success with the DIY kits and with the BF knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Inspired by @RDaneel , I'm carrying my Scratted Bone Ancient TC today, paired with a @jsdistin re-built Lamb, gifted to me by @Reaper AL :) :thumbsup:

CGvZC26.jpg

Jvkaaw4.jpg
Striking pair, Jack! :cool::thumbsup::cool: There's an old song about diamonds being a girl's best friend, but that scratted handle on the Ancient TC shows that diamonds can be friendly to folks of ANY gender! ;)

That would be nice.
I have a couple of knives locked away in a keep-sake trunk in the shed. I haven't seen them for probably 35 years. Some day I'll brave the spiders and go dig them out.
When (if??) the pandemic ends, you should have an "Opening the Trunk" cookout, John! :cool::D

5K Qs 5K Qs
John’s got a good eye:cool: that Forest-Master is so sweet:):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks for the good word, Gus. :) I keep telling myself that I should never carry the Forest-Master again for fear of losing such a special-to-me knife, and I even bought an old Imperial Kamp King as a substitute carry, but when the Forest-Master appears on my rotation schedule once every 24 weeks, I gladly carry it for a week. In fact, I've thought about making it one of my literal EDCs and carrying it 365 days per year for however many years I have left. :thumbsup:;)

This MOP Stockman waiting on the curb @ Stockmans Headquarters for Thursday carry ... waiting
Bulldog Brand Solingen Germany Hammer Forged Hand Made

gioC7K4.jpg
That's a suave and stylish pearl stockman, Jim, and a fine photo of knife on photo! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

You seem to be posting that ravishing stag Churchill a lot recently, and I can certainly see why!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DTVYi6j.jpg

3 blade Thursday carry. I am quite liking this knife
Captivating vintage cattle knife and very handsome pocket slip! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: Horn handle on the Shapleigh??

View attachment 1546421 View attachment 1546424 The Klein knife was a hard used and abused hawkbill, which I purchased for a project. It’s an extremely robust knife, with a strong spring that makes me grateful for the half stop.
Based on the construction and materials, I think it was made by Camillus for MKlein&Sons. It’s identical to a Camillus #1 hawkbill pruner. And even though it’s brown instead of black, the scale material and number of pins means it is roughly the same age as the TL-29.
I am not sure what that material is~ it is harder than the smooth scales they used later. You can see the texture...View attachment 1546419
Looks like a reliable pair, Jeff, and I always enjoy it when you include some background info on the knives you post! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Nice that you still have that one Gary :) :thumbsup:

Thinking of getting one of these :thumbsup:
I've had these two with me today :thumbsup:

cUJqPmj.jpg

omeWJGp.jpg
I definitely feel fortunate to still have my first knife, Jack. :)
I've really never used the Mora, but I hope in about a month I'll have more time on my hands and can try it out on a whittling project or two. :cool::thumbsup:
Lot of blade (and handle ;)) diversity in your lambsfoot/moose combo, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Camillus #12 and a Buck 110 again today

0kBY2io.jpg
Sensational bone on that Camillus, Steve! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I love seeing that Vic Cadet II, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)

I carried these two on the trail today. Victorinox Pocket Pal and Case Barlow in jigged red bone. The last photo shows my trail side whittling project (not).

View attachment 1546608 View attachment 1546609 View attachment 1546610
Ravishing red pair, Dean! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: And quite a texture contrast between the gleaming smooth synthetic Vic and the ultra-scooped jigging on the bone Case.

- GT

Those two are both stunning JJ, and perfectly paired :cool: :) :thumbsup:

They go together well Joshua, gorgeous :thumbsup:

Handsome pair of knives Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Wishing everyone a peaceful and relaxing Sunday :thumbsup:

ddZxaNz.jpg

hIHfCiT.jpg
Thanks, Jack. That cigar pattern looks really good with the propeller shield doesn’t it? The symmetry pulls it all together.

you should have an "Opening the Trunk" cookout, John!
I could, but right now it's like Shrodinger's box... It could be full of treasures or full of rusted crap. ;)
I would like to see my old Science Patrol costume again though. :D

I'm sure it was fine back when it was a sheepsfoot. :D
I plan to file the kick and round the profile a bit more.
I didn't do the original re-profiling, but had to buy the elusive double spey Stockman.

Well, now I get it:D

I suppose somebody was afraid of his blade going dull in the middle of a long, sweaty speying session?

Last edited:
View attachment 1548388 View attachment 1548389 I’ll echo the previous statements regarding a beautiful morning, and wishes for a peaceful Sunday.

I’ll be spending the day keeping an eye on the smoker, and continuing my campaign to get rid of the gray dogwood on my property. I have prevailed (mostly) against the infernal, imported, and highly invasive european buckthorn, as well as the poison ivy. But the dogwood is rampant around here.
I might shorten the grass again, too. As long as I can be outside, it really doesn’t matter what I’m doing:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back