What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

GRTg90R.jpg

Travis, you are on a Eureka jack roll!

Beautiful work. :cool:
Thank you.
I just can’t believe you can say “narwhal? Yeah, I can do that”, and then execute it so well. Very impressive.
Haha! As long as I can find a good picture to trace, the object doesn't matter. I actually have an old Dover Publishing book of marine animals. (Dover copyright free clip-art books are what everyone used in the pre-internet image search days)
What a fine pearly pair of whittlers!
46 year old Case for Moose Monday, and a silky smooth bone Tip Top to roll between my fingers (in my pocket) while the ENT inspects my ears. Rain requires my Barbour Border Coat which I found in Armstrongs in Edinborough Scotland.
Armstrongs is what surplus/resale shops used to be like in the States back when this Case was new.View attachment 1548957
I hope you're better behaved than my old cat when the vet would check her ears for mites! Good luck!

I'm starting the week with a Queen. Hoping for the best.
JYbzlam.jpg

Your mention of the POW/MIA bracelet is sobering and reminds me how fortunate I was. I was in from 1968 to 1972 and spent almost the whole time in Wyoming. (Bought my first Old Timer 34OT at the BX there but it’s long gone.)

Mighty Ninety! Been TDY to FEW and stayed in billeting (cavalry houses by the parade grounds) a few times since retiring. My first squadron as a Chief the commander had been an enlisted door gunner. Infrequently he would talk about his experiences, some were alarming. Got shot down while picking up a downed pilot and their rescue helicopter was ordered to turn back due to heavy fire. Listening to him describe how he felt ... like he would soon be a permanent part of a rice paddy left a profound impression on me. Pilot of the rescue chopper ignored orders, went back and picked them up, no man left behind. Mercenaries had a way of making prisoners talk that involved throwing one out of an airborne chopper. Couldn't shut them up after they saw the first one flapping arms on the way down. Bracelet now resides in Arlington with Chief Hall. RIP warrior.

https://www.okhistory.org/historycenter/militaryhof/inductee.php?id=313

POWbraceletcrossTCbarlow.jpg

Mighty Ninety! Been TDY to FEW and stayed in billeting (cavalry houses by the parade grounds) a few times since retiring. My first squadron as a Chief the commander had been an enlisted door gunner. Infrequently he would talk about his experiences, some were alarming. Got shot down while picking up a downed pilot and their rescue helicopter was ordered to turn back due to heavy fire. Listening to him describe how he felt ... like he would soon be a permanent part of a rice paddy left a profound impression on me. Pilot of the rescue chopper ignored orders, went back and picked them up, no man left behind. Mercenaries had a way of making prisoners talk that involved throwing one out of an airborne chopper. Couldn't shut them up after they saw the first one flapping arms on the way down. Bracelet now resides in Arlington with Chief Hall. RIP warrior.

https://www.okhistory.org/historycenter/militaryhof/inductee.php?id=313

POWbraceletcrossTCbarlow.jpg
Really makes you reflect on how many sacrificed so much. Thanks for the link.

I said in the "Let's Talk GEC" thread the other day that I was going to start carrying this 2007 GEC Scout Trapper with Ebony covers daily. My intent was to just carry it casually as I do most of my other knives but when I gave it a really good going over, I found two cracks on the Mark Side.:eek: From the bolster pin to the bolster at the Serial No. 09 and through the middle pin at the well above the UN-X-LD shield.

IYob0Ls.jpg

fIA8kmC.jpg

So, this is the knife I'll be carrying today and while I'm doing so, I'll think about what the future will be for it. Hot Tin Roof? Brush clearing at the septic tank? Driveway shoulder duty maintenance? Lawn irrigation equipment maintenance? etc.. My intent is not to abuse the knife but not show it any mercy or handle it like a baby. I kinda wish GEC had paid more attention to it before they shipped it out with two cracks in the cover but then again, I'm kinda glad they didn't.

Back