What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Change of plans. I'm technically not carrying the above knife; however, I did carry it out to the Wood Shed.

Wood Shed with a galvanized tin roof.

tZPT7le.jpg

Scout Trapper with Ebony covers on said galvanized tin roof.

4dZyo1Q.jpg

Will update as time goes on. I'm waiting for the rain and snow predicted this upcoming weekend.

Another adventure I had involving the same galvanized tin roof.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/micarta-cover-coloring-straighten-me-out-final-pictures.1344625/

Change of plans. I'm technically not carrying the above knife; however, I did carry it out to the Wood Shed.

tZPT7le.jpg

4dZyo1Q.jpg

Will update as time goes on. I'm waiting for the rain and snow predicted this upcoming weekend.
She's a beaut Ed. Sorry to hear about the cracks. Mind if I ask what the experiment you are running is? I remember you posting a mudbug that you had put on the roof for a while, but I wasn't around for the details of the experiment.

She's a beaut Ed. Sorry to hear about the cracks. Mind if I ask what the experiment you are running is? I remember you posting a mudbug that you had put on the roof for a while, but I wasn't around for the details of the experiment.

Wanna find out in general how the ebony covers will fair in the elements and whether the cracked ebony cover will separate at the cracks. AND just to satisfy my curiosity.

Wanna find out in general how the ebony covers will fair in the elements and whether the cracked ebony cover will separate at the cracks. AND just to satisfy my curiosity.
Big 10-4 Ed. Looking forward to your findings. If you ever get curious how the ebony will hold up in a hot humid Florida summer - i will shoot you my address ;)

tZPT7le.jpg

4dZyo1Q.jpg

Another adventure I had involving the same galvanized tin roof.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/micarta-cover-coloring-straighten-me-out-final-pictures.1344625/
I just skimmed through the link. I have several thoughts. Allow me to summarize:
thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif thumb.gif

The only time I've done something like that was when I threw a toaster out into the driveway. It was on fire at the time, so that probably isn't the same thing :p

Ebony is pretty durable wood. I think it'll hold up pretty well. One thought to consider is if water gets in the crack and freezes, its going to expand.

Anyway have fun and report your results
lurker.gif

Back