What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

How many hours of daylight do you have at this time of year? You get some long days by the time June rolls around, right?

- GT
Oh yeah! By most standards we're already pretty long.

It's right around 15 hours, 45 minutes right now. Sunrise to sunset, 5:55am to 9:39PM. 2 more hours if you count twilight. We're gaining 7 minutes of light every day!

I've been here my entire life, it's normal, but it's a little weird for me right now, because my internal clock says its early to mid March... We had a Long winter, and record breaking cold and snow fall for March and early April. Put me a month off! To me its too hot,(actually doing close to record highs now too) and too light right now.

June will start around 20.5 hours, peaking at 22ish for solstice, and then 21.5 going into July.

Thats official sunlight hours, not including twilight.... not sure how they count twilight officially for those times.

Starting mid May its never darker than say half twilight all night, until late August.

At solstice and a couple weeks around it, its never darker than say, an overcast 3pm would be, for the 2 hours of "night".

For the longest day in June, you can drive about two hundred miles north of me and watch the sun travel in a full circle, never drops below the horizon. I've never bothered to go do it, probably should someday.

Knife content ;)

Had the Case on me for several days, this one was Saturday, with a stiffer utility blade for work.(first day back at work for the season! So ends my 4 month "break"!!!)

wp-1618954465402.jpg

Among other adventures

wp-1618954465442.jpg

wp-1618954465451.jpg

Last couple days I went to the Soddy, helping me out with homestead chores.

wp-1618954465392.jpg

Trying to decide if there is a muffled but light bear print there in the mud or not

wp-1618954465371.jpg

Odd place for it, middle of my driveway, even though I'm out in the country. Couldn't find a mate for it, but I was tromping around a lot, could have obliterated them... Or I could be seeing things.

I probably missed it - did you post your impressions of the Boxer?
I really really like it! Great looking design, perfect size, great choice of burlap micarta, love the darkwashed blade... Build quality is very good (at least on mine). I like it so much that I was already considering buying the black version too.

Superb pair of knives, Greg; that Case stockman looks great! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

How often do you change the mower blade, Greg? I was thinking I really need to pull out a file and sharpen mine this spring, but maybe I ought to replace it. (Or just have two on hand that I can alternate to give me more time to do my less than optimal sharpening jobs. :rolleyes:)

Thanks for the kind remarks, Gary.:thumbsup:
Mower blade gets changed every few years, more often if I happen to hit one of the large rocks that we have bordering our landscaping.
I can sharpen a knife just barely, tried sharpening mower blade before and I'm not good at it. :rolleyes:

- GT

I really really like it! Great looking design, perfect size, great choice of burlap micarta, love the darkwashed blade... Build quality is very good (at least on mine). I like it so much that I was already considering buying the black version too.

Thanks! How's it work as a slipjoint?

I was gifted (family) the Boxer lockback in Ironwood about 2.5 years ago. Nice knife.

I'll be Totin' these Two for Tuesday...
70's Case Whittler and Rosewood Lamb.

I will also be carrying this to Show and Tell.
Just received this gift from Greg sunknife sunknife :cool::thumbsup:
He knew I like whimsical knives and old Western movies.
I'm super excited to have this, it's really fun and very well made.
The only problem is... Now I want more. Will try to hunt down a Lone Ranger and Red Ryder.
Thanks again, Greg. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm glad you liked the surprise, John. It's fun trying to select a knife that you think someone else might enjoy.
If you do decide to build a small collection of these I hope you have some fun with the search, my friend. :thumbsup::)

Are these birds that will be around all summer, or are you providing food for migratory birds just passing through?

- GT
Cardinals, blue jays, and I believe most finches stick around Nebraska year round. Robins got here in late February this year if I recall correctly. Orioles will start to show end of the month and some stay until fall I believe. I’m not quite sure on blue bird migration but I think it’s similar to orioles. Sparrows are year round! Ha!
Still a rookie when it comes to bird watching! ;)
It’s mostly for my daughter to see the pretty birds, as well as to bring in cardinals. They’ve become somewhat symbolic to us of my wife’s grandfather who past almost 3 years ago.

Back