What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

The 86 tortoise came in handy at the track meet last night. I’m the pole vault coach and one of my kids broke a bar, had to open a brand new one. It was wrapped tightly in cardboard and plastic wrap. A spectator walked up and said, “You need a knife coach?” I smiled and said, “Nope, I’ve got one!” ;):thumbsup:
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!:eek::rolleyes:
Have these two with me today, getting a little fancy for Friday.:)
F2691431-A306-48F3-A464-B6A63A01B785.jpeg

What a concept! Do I dare?
11NjI4V.jpg

The 86 tortoise came in handy at the track meet last night. I’m the pole vault coach and one of my kids broke a bar, had to open a brand new one. It was wrapped tightly in cardboard and plastic wrap. A spectator walked up and said, “You need a knife coach?” I smiled and said, “Nope, I’ve got one!” ;):thumbsup:
Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!:eek::rolleyes:
View attachment 1551367

That's a beautiful pair!

Well for today, how can I resist this newbie at home this week. Robeson 622119 Strong and snappy 4” 1/2 with smooth w/t and a sublime sound:thumbsup::thumbsup:
View attachment 1551360 View attachment 1551361
A great Friday and weekend to all!
Nice big jack, Gus.
Your Robeson family is growing!
The new GEC Whittlers have a good "rustic" vibe to them. Your example has real nice coloring too. :cool::thumbsup:

You are well-prepared with that trio, Jeff. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks, John!
Ditto on your assessment of the new whittler that @Old Engineer is totin.
He seems to have a knack for getting nice covers, whether bone or stag.
Nice trio of working knives !
Thanks much, Steve!

View attachment 1551367
All you should have to say is “rule #9” if someone says something.

2020 Aqua Blue Pioneer and English Whittler:thumbsup:
pvEy1n.jpg

Nice pair, Paul. I like the annual Alox Limited Editions, although I don’t buy one every year (depends on the color). These two are my favorites.

cP4sTtv.jpg

Need to carry this old banger today ;)

kSHY8F3.jpg

That’s a handsome “old” knife, Will. :thumbsup: :D

Today’s tag along...
5c259438-21ed-4071-81ba-18e3dd29b60f-jpeg.1550748

After yesterday’s late snowfall and cold temps, the apricot tree seems quite resilient. Fingers crossed:rolleyes::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful photo! :thumbsup:

Nice knife, even cooler slip! :thumbsup:

Vb2fW71.jpg

Carrying what was my first GEC on Fifteen Friday

Now THAT’S my kind of slip! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve been carrying this big ‘un (#21) most of the week.

pgp83Zz.jpg

Now I just hope I don’t get turned in for brandishing a weapon on school grounds!
I always worry about that too.
But California law says I can carry a non-locking knife with a blade less than 2-1/2".
My Principal is well aware of the law, and often asks for me to use my knife to open stuff.
That's actually what got me back into carrying traditional slip-joint knives many years ago.

Well, that wasn't too bad... They took me in at 0800... and I was out of there by 0900.
XZAscmY.jpg
Best wishes for a speedy recover ED, white gravy on chicken fried steak should help. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Enjoy your delrin sowbelly there's not very many of them left.

I hope you don't mind me joining you James :) :thumbsup:
Nnvc8RM.jpg
Don't mind a bit! :cool: It's a beautiful knife so the more the merrier my friend! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice pair, Paul. I like the annual Alox Limited Editions, although I don’t buy one every year (depends on the color). These two are my favorites.

cP4sTtv.jpg

That’s a handsome “old” knife, Will. :thumbsup: :D

Beautiful photo! :thumbsup:

Nice knife, even cooler slip! :thumbsup:

Now THAT’S my kind of slip! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

I’ve been carrying this big ‘un (#21) most of the week.

pgp83Zz.jpg
Thanks Barrett, I do like the annual releases but only have 3, that big'un ya got there is a pocketful. Hope a warm up arrives soon, I'm ready for nice weather and doing some landscaping:thumbsup: Greet little miss Eleanor from Nanc, me, Mocha and Hank:)

Back