What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

(thanks, John):
carhartt.mark.Vstand.jpg
You're welcome, GT. :)
Glad to see it's still getting some carry time.

Love the washboard scales on your Böker Barlow - they look good on that pattern. I have those same handles on a Whittler and really appreciate the craftsmanship.

Happy Thursday Everybody.
I'll be starting my day out with these two...
Thanks Bruce! I think I’ve seen that whittler before, but wouldn’t mind seeing it again...hint hint!😉👍

Fantastic knives John! 👍

Watchpocket knife this week is a Rough Rider dogleg lockback mini canoe:
dogleg.minicanoe.pile.closed.jpg

Big knife of the week is "heavy metal", a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
rembigdad.mark.open.box.jpg

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Case Carhartt mini trapper (thanks, John):
carhartt.mark.Vstand.jpg

Amazing knife trio, Gary.:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Threw these two wood covered GEC slicers in my pocket today. :)
A fine combination for Wooden Wednesday JJ :) :thumbsup:
Depends on where you go...
Definitely no locking knives at work, or any school campuses.
Federal buildings also don't allow locking knives.
It's just easier to carry non-locking knives all the time, unless I'm sitting at home or heading to the mountains. I've found I just don't need a locking knife in my day-to-day life, despite what the Mall Ninjas would have you believe. ;)

The patina is coming along nicely... 🤠 :thumbsup:
The laws are a bit tighter still here John, but it's rare I carry a locking folder these days, I generally prefer slipjoints, and add a FB when I'm hiking. A pal of mine has been carrying a cheap lock-knife recently, and I pointed out how hopeless the lock was to him today! :eek: ;) Thanks buddy :) :thumbsup:
Two for hump day.
imcNwD3.jpg
Fab-looking pair Gary :cool: :) :thumbsup:
I carried this Boker Barlow today. Had a 35 HJ along as well but the Barlow was the star of the show for me as it was a gift, along with an equally beautiful and finely crafted knife slip, both courtesy of John DF. They arrived in the mail yesterday and I loving 'em both. Very kind and thoughtful of you John, I don't even know how to express how grateful I am
to be the recipient of such nice gifts. :thumbsup:
On a side note I recently had gotten a Boker Club knife and had Boker Barlows on my radar as my next acquisition so this gift was perfect for me.:)
View attachment 1558684View attachment 1558686
Very generous :) Congratulations :thumbsup:
Thanks, John & Steve & Jack. :) I actually posted 3 "admirable" knives with sheepsfoot blades that day (Vic Florist, Cannon anchor knife, and Italian agricultural knife), so I'm not exactly sure which one you had in mind, but I think maybe at least 2 of you were referring to the Italian CEM. If I had owned it a little longer in 2020, I'm quite sure I'd have named it my 2020 Knife of the Year! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Thanks, Jack. :)
Couple of faithful friends for you! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Sorry for being so vague Gary 😊 I think you are right in your deduction though :D Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:
Happy Thursday Everybody.
I'll be starting my day out with these two...
Another cool pairing John :) :thumbsup:
It's a hippocamp, a fancy name for sea-horse (the merhorse kind). They're the ones what pull Poseidon's chariot.
I think my next project might feature a seahorse, but the other type. They don't swim well enough to pull anything. ;)

GIQSLP7.jpg
Ace photo Rachel :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Big knife of the week is "heavy metal", a Remington Big Daddy Barlow (thanks, Shawn):
View attachment 1558933

That Remington is a real stand-out GT :cool: :thumbsup:

Had these two with me today, my Hartshead Barlow, and a TEW Penknife :thumbsup:

xyS6DMe.jpg

pANorAQ.jpg

Back