What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Here is an Old Hickory Paring Knife with 3 1/4 inch blade and a Neck Knife sheath I made.
Total weight is 1-3/4 ounce including sheath,lanyard and Knife.
What I got with me today.
ybuphnb.jpg

Here is an Old Hickory Paring knife with a 4 inch blade in the same sheath.
1-7/8 total weight here.
NHjzvMY.jpg

Ultra light weight with decently long blades of razor sharp 1095 carbon steel.
I really like these knives

Alox Knife of the Week is this Old Cross Pioneer for the 2nd consecutive week:
View attachment 1561775

Bailed non-SAK this week is a Kutmaster GSA knife:
View attachment 1561777

Two of the knives I enjoy seeing most from your collection Gary :) :thumbsup:

Lady Luck smiled on me this Random Tuesday, when I blind-picked the special Unicorn Ivory #25 gifted to me by my friend Barrett btb01 btb01 :) Pairing it with my Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

s7iGzIX.jpg

4IbIGVU.jpg

Oh ya, custom axles, hydro assist steering, the works.
That's why I'm leaning towards keeping it, I'll never be able to replace it.
If ya don’t need the scratch...please don’t sell that gorgeous go anywhere vehicle. I have had three jeeps in my life but nothing like that. I’d drive that as far off pavement as I could safely and alone...pull over and get out. And then pull out your favorite pocket peeler and have an apple or some salami and cheese. And enjoy the silence...and during that silence I would try to figure out who I would want to take to that very spot next time to ride shotgun and share the picnic. But if the $ could scratch a deeper itch...scratch that.
Nice knife btw. The elusive Albers that wisp into mist seconds after they drop...;)

Hey Greg, was wondering about your thoughts on the RR Whittler, been looking at one, trying to make a decision. Is this one a split back?
Not a splitback, Todd. This model #375 is 2 springs with the main blade using both springs and no half stops, secondaries have half stops. I have two of 'em, another in black pearl handles and both are very tight and snappy. I've had 'em at least 4years I think, both are very well put together. I know at least one other person here on BF has one and has had the same experience as me. I'd say go for it. :thumbsup:

Is there such a thing as Same Two Tuesday? I have that goin on over by here. 33, and 194 Old Timers again. I bought the 33 jack new back in the ‘70s. Decades of every day carry, and still tight and snappy.
Had to check things in the garden at sunrise ~ another frost. Expect another tonight, then that might be the end of it.

Last edited:
I was packing the Victorinox Camper when I was able to get my first Turkey, but I grabbed the mini trapper to help me clean the bird

54-D36988-688-E-407-A-8-E54-EDE2-AA5-DA39-E.jpg

7-D959703-B50-A-4-FA3-BCA0-E034-B57806-EC.jpg
I think I’d do the same. Pick a trapper for that job.
Here is an Old Hickory Paring Knife with 3 1/4 inch blade and a Neck Knife sheath I made.
Total weight is 1-3/4 ounce including sheath,lanyard and Knife.
What I got with me today.
ybuphnb.jpg

Here is an Old Hickory Paring knife with a 4 inch blade in the same sheath.
1-7/8 total weight here.
NHjzvMY.jpg

Ultra light weight with decently long blades of razor sharp 1095 carbon steel.
I really like these knives
I like this. Those are good knives. Not sure about neck carry, though. I have two sheaths that can do that, but always end up sticking them in a pocket.

Not a splitback, Todd. This model #375 is 2 springs with the main blade using both springs and no half stops, secondaries have half stops. I have two of 'em, another in black pearl handles and both are very tight and snappy. I've had 'em at least 4years I think, both are very well put together. I know at least one other person here on BF has one and has had the same experience as me. I'd say go for it. :thumbsup:
Thanks Greg, I have 4 or 5 of their split backs and they are nice as well. Think I’m going to try one!😉👍

A lucky day when we see a Unicorn out in the wild... ;) :thumbsup:
I’d drive that as far off pavement as I could safely and alone...pull over and get out. And then pull out your favorite pocket peeler and have an apple or some salami and cheese.
I need to get back to doing more of that. 🤠:thumbsup:

Back