What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ARREST ME RED
Prepping this one for tomorrow carry because this is one I'll definitely have to carry until I like it
Wanted a CASE Medium Jack in CV and only one in CV available is Dark Red Bone Peach Seed Jig
I have a SS Medium Jack and really REALLY wanted one in CV because I like the Medium Jack pattern
Reminder Jim ... Be careful what you wish for dude
And hey CASE, Mr/Ms Bone Dye guy or gal ... you had one (1) job ...

Im1pDxi.jpg

2khQV2E.jpg

It's not over yet, thanks for asking, Bruce!! I go in, in 8 days!!
Good luck Charlie, got everything crossed for you brother :thumbsup:
Regular stockman this week is actually somewhat irregular, having a spear main blade, but it's a winner: Case pocket-worn Harvest Orange Humpback stockman (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1562287
That's an interesting and unusual knife Gary, and a nice photo :thumbsup:

Got a large Rosewood Lambsfoot and a #66 Stockman with me today :thumbsup:

AWzrYUo.jpg

YTZaSSI.jpg

ARREST ME RED
Prepping this one for tomorrow carry because this is one I'll definitely have to carry until I like it
Wanted a CASE Medium Jack in CV and only one in CV available is Dark Red Bone Peach Seed Jig
I have a SS Medium Jack and really REALLY wanted one in CV because I like the Medium Jack pattern

Im1pDxi.jpg

2khQV2E.jpg
Looks like a candidate for a home dye job to me...you'll be surprised how much it can be improved :cool:

This CASE Half Whittler was allegedly Burnt Salmon Bone or some such odd name, it arrived a kind of Strawberry Pink with white slimy edges, more like gone off Salmon :eek: So it got a couple of tea dye baths and I liked the outcome anyway....

Thanks, Will

AkvEBFg.jpg

Still living more than a week in the past. I hope I remember why these quotes were worthy of remarks. :rolleyes:
VSL3je0.jpg

(and Vic Cadet)
That's an aristocratic old mini copperhead! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Taking it easy today, may plant some flowers later, but for now...😊View attachment 1556682
Couple of charismatic Cases, Todd! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I can never tell from a photo - is that copperlock a mini or full size? And what are the covers on the darker knife (is it a whittler)?

Sometimes, you have to read the writing on the wall (get that Daniel reference?) and be a patient Dad.
:D:D:thumbsup:

Grabbed a couple of lockbacks today, one from the South of France and one from Southern California (early 80s). :)
One of my top three favorite bolster stamps ever (and I'm having trouble at the moment thinking of 2 others I like as much ;))!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

For the afternoon and into the eve...
View attachment 1556771View attachment 1556772
and... a wonderful Sunday nite to all:thumbsup:
Outstanding, Gus; terrific tip bolster and beatific bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my 14 TC Barlow in Black Cherry bone on a fine Sunday. It's a wonderful little knife.

View attachment 1556896
I always enjoy knife pics with water in the background, including that pond you sometimes feature, Dean. Sweet little Barlow; the color reminds me of that of a generic black cherry cola I used to enjoy as a lad! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Where better to be on a Sunday than down by the river
9R8S62q.jpg
Many thanks for the kind words my friend!

Thanks! I mixed a little bit of apple cider vinegar with some mustard in a small bowl, then dabbed it on the blade in drops with a toothpick. Let it sit for 30 minutes, then clean it off, and repeat the process with a second coat that randomly overlaps the first. There's a good video on YouTube of a guy doing on an Opinel. I really dig the effect, especially the purples and blues it can give off in the overlapping areas in certain light. It's something I've started doing with all of my multi-blade carbon steel knives. I let the main blade get a natural fruit patina, and put this forced design on the secondary one.
Such an eye-catching and artistic patina!! Thanks for the follow-up description of your method. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Have a good week folks :thumbsup: Starting mine off with these two, my Hartshead Barlow, and a #66 Stockman gifted to me by @Campbellclanman :) :thumbsup:

XOGYMKh.jpg

BVSA2Uy.jpg
What a redoubtable duo, Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1557145View attachment 1557146
Muskrat Monday, Micarta Monday, I’m covered.
Really like that secondary blade on your TL-29, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lol no it’s not! I actually can’t drive anything right now. I had bunion removed on my right foot. Doing left foot Wednesday. Hoping to drive my mustang in 3 weeks. But the cobra is stuck in the shop for at least 2 more months.
Yikes! I didn't realize you needed 2 separate procedures; that's a long layoff! :eek::( Praying that you can get back on your feet ASAP and have a mountain of patience in the meantime.:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

A Scratted TC Barlow for today.

View attachment 1557271
Such a memorable knife, Dean; both blade and handles are remarkable! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Prestigious pair of knives, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind comment, Jim.
And if anyone doubts it I have the proof on my mantle.;)😁😁
View attachment 1557466
Congrats on the good-looking major award, Greg! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Happy Star Wars Day Everybody...
Forceful pair, John; that old Böker Barlow is superlative! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Couple of charismatic Cases, Todd! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I can never tell from a photo - is that copperlock a mini or full size? And what are the covers on the darker knife (is it a whittler)?
Thanks Gary! That’s a mini copperlock, and a half whittler in Jungle Green Camo, both are very well made. Here’s a little better photo of the whittler. 😊
Todd
11AAA5FE-4C40-4980-A5F2-D405672DDE4B.jpeg

ARREST ME RED

Im1pDxi.jpg

2khQV2E.jpg
Huh. I prefer the mark side!
But make it yours, like Will Power said. Tea, or the outer husks from black walnuts will dye it brown. You can also use Rit dye in simmering water with a little salt, and dish soap. It really works.
Still living more than a week in the past.
Only worry if you start living decades in the past!
Really like that secondary blade on your TL-29, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT
Thanks much! It would be a lot better if the micarta was in Seafoam Green like your Girl Scout Knife...

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thanks Gary, it’s a delight in hand !

Will Power Will Power excellent tea-job and aged grapes done right my good man!!

This Wednesday’s natural carry...
View attachment 1562436
A great one to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The coco boys knives this year might have some of the most beautiful covers they have put out recently. Yours looks fantastic. My knife budget was getting sideways so i had to pass on those, but love seeing the photos. Maybe I should have opted for these instead of the glitter gold lol

Still living more than a week in the past. I hope I remember why these quotes were worthy of remarks. :rolleyes:

That's an aristocratic old mini copperhead! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

:D:D:thumbsup:

One of my top three favorite bolster stamps ever (and I'm having trouble at the moment thinking of 2 others I like as much ;))!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Outstanding, Gus; terrific tip bolster and beatific bone! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I always enjoy knife pics with water in the background, including that pond you sometimes feature, Dean. Sweet little Barlow; the color reminds me of that of a generic black cherry cola I used to enjoy as a lad! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Such an eye-catching and artistic patina!! Thanks for the follow-up description of your method. :cool::thumbsup::cool:

What a redoubtable duo, Jack!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Yikes! I didn't realize you needed 2 separate procedures; that's a long layoff! :eek::( Praying that you can get back on your feet ASAP and have a mountain of patience in the meantime.:thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Such a memorable knife, Dean; both blade and handles are remarkable! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Prestigious pair of knives, José! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Congrats on the good-looking major award, Greg! :thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Forceful pair, John; that old Böker Barlow is superlative! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

thanks GT! Yes, patience is the word of the day (or two months!). I’m not much of a TV watcher, but I have caught up on my old Burt Reynolds movies. Although I can’t find cannonball run 1 or hooper to stream. Today will prolly be Big Red One. Some reading, trying to get my surface pro to a useable state (not sure that’s gonna happen!). And I cleaned and oiled all my knives one day. Hah! Thanks for the prayers man.

still keeping good company though....
CAFEEC6F-AFA2-454F-9A8D-1903EF8741D4.jpeg

Back