What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

M mcc850
Thank you! Yes they certainly had a great coco batch for these 15s. The blade’s lines and long—pull got me even before the handles, believe it or not.

Looks like a candidate for a home dye job to me...you'll be surprised how much it can be improved :cool:

This CASE Half Whittler was allegedly Burnt Salmon Bone or some such odd name, it arrived a kind of Strawberry Pink with white slimy edges, more like gone off Salmon :eek: So it got a couple of tea dye baths and I liked the outcome anyway....

Thanks, Will

AkvEBFg.jpg

Huh. I prefer the mark side!
But make it yours, like Will Power said. Tea, or the outer husks from black walnuts will dye it brown. You can also use Rit dye in simmering water with a little salt, and dish soap. It really works.
Nicely done Will !!! ... Gonna try tea first
Jeff, I would prefer either side so long as they kind of match a little bit.

Arriving just in time for Wooden Wednesday...
I received a couple of wonderful bowls from Dan CelloDan CelloDan
Not only is Dan a very talented wood turner, he's also very generous.

Thank you, my friend. :)

This bowl made of Walnut and is absolutely gorgeous, the knife is handled in Maple...

Thank you my friend for the kind words and you are most welcome !

One of the first bowls of 2021. I posted it in the Covid project thread and you gave it the new " love eyes" emoji 😍 lol … see what happened then lol :cool::)
Cheers my friend !

Great gift, well done Dan!😎👍

Gracias amigo :)

hat's beautiful John, and a very thoughtful gift :) Nice knife too ;) :thumbsup:

Yes indeed my friend :) I keep meaning to ask him if I should put any sort of wax or oil on the bowls he made for me :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)

I usually put a tiny bit of this salad bowl finish which is made of beeswax and mineral oil and buff them with a cloth to bring back the shine.
I also have a mix of carnauba wax and walnut oil that I used too that they sell for woodturners.

Carrying my ebony lamb today,
Cheers everyone :)

aFHUe0I.jpg

You got some beautiful burl scales on that one! Congrats on a great knife!

Thank you, Matt. After and because of the Buck forum knife a few years ago, I decided I’d order from the custom shop (and hopefully SK sometime) when I had an opportunity. May look into a 110 sometime, spec’d out the same.

Nice looking knife, with some pretty good camouflage. 😎👍

Thank you, Buck did a nice job. Note to self: can’t find Squire? Check bathroom countertop...

Back