What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

BrotherJim

Gold Member
CASE ARREST ME RED MEDIUM JACK enjoys a good old fashioned tea soaking
BEN HOGAN holds it down for Wooden Wednesday ...
Thanks Ben !!!

nr90LYy.jpg

Last edited:

RDaneel

Gold Member
Sowbelly stockman this week is the one that introduced (and addicted) me to the pattern, an amber jigged bone Rough Rider:
View attachment 1562285

Regular stockman this week is actually somewhat irregular, having a spear main blade, but it's a winner: Case pocket-worn Harvest Orange Humpback stockman (thanks, Mike):
View attachment 1562287

Budget canoe this week is a Marbles with stag bone covers and "Damascus-etched" blade:
View attachment 1562289

Premium canoe this week is a Case Rough Black (aka Gum Fuddy) model (thanks for the GAW, Alan):
View attachment 1562290

- GT

Very nice, Gary. I like seeing your Humpback stockman; I've always thought that is a good pattern by Case. How do you like your "Gum Fuddy" canoe; I have two patterns in those covers.
Such a memorable knife, Dean; both blade and handles are remarkable! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

- GT
Thank you for your comments on my knives, Gary.

JohnDF

Gold Member

Jack Black

Gold Member
Thank you Jack :)

I usually put a tiny bit of this salad bowl finish which is made of beeswax and mineral oil and buff them with a cloth to bring back the shine.
I also have a mix of carnauba wax and walnut oil that I used too that they sell for woodturners.

Carrying my ebony lamb today,
Cheers everyone :)

aFHUe0I.jpg
Thanks a lot for the info Dan, they are both still looking tip-top, but I want to look after them :) Your ebony Lamb is looking good :) :thumbsup:
RR EO today. (With “radioactive dime”. Anyone else remember those?)
EabgzS1.jpg
Do they glow in the dark?! :eek:;):thumbsup:
A little Vulcan today... View attachment 1562591
Beautiful Smudge :cool: :thumbsup:
Love the photo of your rosewood lamb with that classic pocket fire kit; the addition of your handsome 66 makes an outstanding pair! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot my friend :) :thumbsup:

5K Qs

Gold Member
Watchpocket Knife of the Week is a slender Colonial jack (thanks, Mark): col.jack.mark.open.shelf.jpg

Big Knife of the Week is a Rough Rider 5" toothpick (thanks again, Mark - who knew these would end up getting carried the same week??):
fishknife&lilfriend.open.jpg

Miscellaneous Knife of the Week is a Frost Flying Falcon that usually lives on my desk at work, and that kind of reminds me of myself - kind of homely, but a good worker who usually gets the job done:
flying.falcon.mark.open.jpg

- GT

Last edited: