What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

SNqa96D.jpg

The lil snow Queen finally decided to bear fruit. 🤷‍♂️

The CASE MEDIUM JACK formerly known as "Arrest Me Red"
Before tea soak and the ever lovin' after tea soak Amen
If you look closely, the patina on the main blade (mark & pile) depicts the story of a HUGE wagon train that left Chicago in 1872 headed West
The story has it all ... romance, intrigue, metaphysics and somebody eating a pie while camped on the plains in Wyoming one night
I thinks there's plains in Wyoming. It might have been Utah. And I don't know which night, but I'm calling it Wednesday night ...

RHyv0Po.jpg

krurgEB.jpg

O37x71E.jpg

SP2JFJy.jpg

If you look closely, the patina on the main blade (mark & pile) depicts the story of a HUGE wagon train that left Chicago in 1872 headed West
The story has it all ... romance, intrigue, metaphysics and somebody eating a pie while camped on the plains in Wyoming one night
I thinks there's plains in Wyoming. It might have been Utah. And I don't know which night, but I'm calling it Wednesday night ...

RHyv0Po.jpg

krurgEB.jpg

O37x71E.jpg

SP2JFJy.jpg
Much improved!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

RHyv0Po.jpg

krurgEB.jpg

O37x71E.jpg

SP2JFJy.jpg
The blade actually looks pretty awesome. The wagon train story fits. Nice work with the tea bath.

Much improved!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

B BrotherJim it certainly has a more “solid” looking color to the bone now, a less luminous look. Nice job. OH

The blade actually looks pretty awesome. The wagon train story fits. Nice work with the tea bath.

Thanks guys, you're too kind. I like the color change. The patina not so much. I think it would have been a more even patina if I'd just used the tea juice instead of also including leaves. The darker areas are where leaves clung to the steel ... I think. This was my first time doing something like this and I'll know to try something a little different maybe next time. I let it soak about 6hrs and the last 15min, I heated the tea concoction up in a sauce pan on the stove with a little vinegar, salt and a couple of drops of dawn.
... the nail nick actually looks like a UFO now maybe ... nah, different story

EDIT: ... and the CASE shield came the heck off the knife while heating in the saucepan on the stove. Think it was a raiding party while out there on the plains that did it. Anyway, glued it back on for the save

Last edited:
You left out the part about the bison. I clearly see a bison right there under the UFO.

RHyv0Po.jpg

krurgEB.jpg

O37x71E.jpg

SP2JFJy.jpg
I like itđź‘Ť. I can see a steam engine in the background billowing smoke on that backside of the blade... it looks like the Union Pacific may change your pristine landscape shortly. Fun post:)

Last edited:
Back