What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

UN-X-LD 831115 TASCOSA ... or however you say it
GEC did an EXCELLENT job with the UN-ing of this one ... IMHO
Photo taken Wednesday afternoon but this little lockback is picked up for Thursday's pocket companion

PoofNe5.jpg

Last edited:
More old news from me.
JohnDF JohnDF
Ya, you been hidin’ this Boker??
@r8shell
I’d like the story on that warrior!
Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Inspired by Jeff... more Camillus for today.
293Y trapper and 834Y stockman for this rainy Tuesday.
View attachment 1557660
A great day to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Monumental mellow yellows, Jeff and Gus! :thumbsup::thumbsup: :cool:

For Random Carry Tuesday, this is one of the most random knives I own.

G3binvB.jpg
Nailed it!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another rainy morning, best inside picture I could take. Inspired by John’s Boker this morning.
View attachment 1557733
Finger-groovy jigging! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Rainy here too. Grabbed a quick pic while retrieving the mail between showers.
View attachment 1557737
Captivating knife! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: I have to acquire some Case bonestag, but I'm kind of leery of doing it online; gotta find me a store with a reasonable selection of Case knives.

Toting these two Schatt & Morgans today. :)
Those Schatts are HOT, JJ! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm totin' my Case rough black Sodbuster Jr today.

View attachment 1557827
That pattern looks good in rough black, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Utica Cattle and an Oil Field Jack

xOWLdXZ.jpg
Steve & Jeff, I could look at your Utica cattle knives until the cows come home! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Commendable white/black combo, Bro Jim! I'm a real fan of that big Black Cat. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Grand green Cadet, with that matching fob! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Propitious pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What are the covers on that little 2-blade jack?

That bone looks very "staggy". 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John. :) There's some really nice stag bone to be had (but plenty of bad examples too).

Learning some helpful things about this new editor and trying to post with multi quotes; so far, it's not as convenient for me to use, but still early days, I guess. The brackets [ ] in the menu bar to toggle BB code is a REALLY helpful feature for me.

- GT

We think that Dad killed off the irises in Mom’s flower bed when he went to war against the poison ivy. The irises had come from her Mom, who’d taken them from Illinois to Missouri something like 60 years ago, then back again.

Well, I have a huge amount of perennials that came from Grandma, too, so I dug up a big bag of bearded and Siberian iris for her. Driving down to stick them in her front flower bed for her, as well as take her one of the cherry tomato plants I’ve got growing in my “greenhouse”.

Last edited:
Toting a fragrant French slicer for todays cutting tasks. :)
Sometimes one is all you need my friend, particularly when it's as handsome as that :) :thumbsup:
To be honest, I never checked. :) According to the museum, only a tiny fraction of the silver in the dime became radioactive silver-110, and it had a half-life of 22 seconds, so it was essentially gone by the time the dime left the museum. At least that’s what they said.:rolleyes:
LOL! :D :) :thumbsup:
Propitious pair, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What are the covers on that little 2-blade jack?
Thanks GT, I believe they're Appaloosa bone :thumbsup:
Happy Thursday Everybody
Lovely photo John :cool: :thumbsup:
I have these with me today. A cool old RR Barlow and my J Adams lambfoot.
View attachment 1563084

Nice pairing Todd :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day :) I've been carrying this big chunk of Lambsfoot through a day of sunshine and showers ;) :thumbsup:

9LRlVeS.jpg

Back