What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

afishhunter

Basic Member
for an change of pace.
(speaking of pace, I wish they'd get some pace picanti for some of the (alleged) food served here)

Rough "Rider" era RR597 full size/large Synthetic Yellow Trapper, and a Portugese MAM Navalha sheepsfoot friction folder. (The fob was/is factory installed)
IMG_20210610_110351.jpg

Last edited:

Un-Chained

Gold Member
JJ Cahill JJ Cahill
Thank you as always...
Sweeet duo there pal... Robeson’s bone and delrin work was quite commendable!! what of the pattern numbers?? You sure don’t see many clips on those patterns “.”

mitch4ging

Gold Member
I used to have the big Lock-back in the same series Dennis, that was quite a handful too, and they did an absolutely HUGE Stockman too :thumbsup:

BckRniS.jpg
That would have been cool to have the whole set!😎👍
That big Butler Sheepsfoot is no lightweight either! :D I decided to carry it in my vest pocket Dennis :)

Fantastic pair
I bet it is!
Thanks, Jack!👍
It is a Byro of Mathieu Callejon. (Liner lock, olive wood handle, XC75 steel blade).
one of my favorites, I love it . 😎
Thanks for the information, very nice knife!👍
Love the two you’re totin too.

How about:
1.smooth bone
2.saw cut bone?
Exactly! Votes have been cast!😉👍
What a great pair, Dennis. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thank you very much, John!🤠👍
Yes! Smooth Bone is a fantastic choice!
I wholeheartedly concur, Rachel!!😁👍
Certainly a pair of super cool beauties, Jack; awesome covers, especially that SMOOTH IVORY BONE! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
😉👍👍
Smashing pair Taylor :thumbsup:

Have a great day everyone :thumbsup:

VWInqGT.jpg

TiyMDpD.jpg
A fine pair, Jack! The Queen looks Pristine!🙂👍
Watchpocket Knife this week is a Case half congress (thanks for the GAW, Bill):
View attachment 1579911 View attachment 1579912

Big knife this week is a 4" Buck clip/spey toothpick, pictured with its "little brother" that came in a "holiday tin" back about 2014:
View attachment 1579918

Miscellaneous knife this week is a Camillus "Blac Jaket" muskrat:
View attachment 1579919

- GT
A another fine group, Gary! The half congress is sublime!😮👌
Today’s easy carry with one of Pop’s favourite rubies...
View attachment 1579920
A great one to all:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Both very nice treasures!🙂👍
Camillus 23 jack and the 2019 Blade Forums knife that I designed.
View attachment 1579967
Along with a few friends...

View attachment 1579972 Ok. I and a few hundred of my friends.

Ok. Ok. I voted on everything.
Well, none of my votes “won”.
But I think it turned out pretty nice!
You did a great job on the '19, Jeff!😁👍 Nice pairing!
I felt like carrying something fancy today... Kind of the opposite of Thrifty Thursday. ;)
Man, why do you keep that one hid, John! What a beaut!!
Hot and humid here today, only place to be will be on and in the water, until then, I’ll have the Jack, and my newly arrived Boker Castle Burg Club knife. View attachment 1580014
Nice choices, Todd!🙂👌
A day late and a dollar short here for Wooden Wednesday. I'm totin' my new Ironwood Boker Gents Knife (an Exchange pick up from @Railsplitter, thanks Rick) and a Cocobolo handled Wharncliffe in CPM-S35VN, made by @zuluninja .
obEYwdR.jpg
Awsome pair! Really lovely Böker!😎👍
Got tired of Fancy and went back to Thrifty
Well, some of us just aren't fancy folks, John!! A dandy in any Case!😁🤠👍

Maiden voyage of the Bull Nose.

6dlOlrr.jpg

And since I was in my "lounge chair" again today, it helped to keep the vampires away!😂👍
peuV4Bd.jpg

mbkr

Gold Member
Its unusual for me to swap between three pocket knives in one day, but I did today. All Italian as it turns out. No plan or forethought, just happy, er, happenstance 😃
Started out with an Antonini Farm doing some light yard work:
Farm 1.JPG

Then, after what counts for rush hour around here, but before it got too hot, I went for a ride and took the titanium Slim Shuffler, because its so....slim 😜
6-10-21 2.JPG of t

Finally during the hottest part of the day 🤪, I decided to do some more yard work. Synthetic and stainless really is the way to go when things get sweaty 😓
CarbonBestman2.JPG

Last edited:

sunknife

Gold Member
Oregon Trapper & S&M swell center, single spring two blade. The Schatt is 3-7/8 closed and without half stops, which I prefer. Curious to know, is this knife considered a large pen knife or a half-whittler? In other news my daughter delivered my 7th grandchild, a healthy boy and I'm feeling blessed and on top of the world today. :)
Oregon Trapper & Schatt swell center - 1.jpeg

Old Hunter

Gold Member
Ok. Ok. I voted on everything.
Well, none of my votes “won”.
But I think it turned out pretty nice!
😁
Oregon Trapper & S&M swell center, single spring two blade. The Schatt is 3-7/8 closed and without half stops, which I prefer. Curious to know, is this knife considered a large pen knife or a half-whittler? In other news my daughter delivered my 7th grandchild, a healthy boy and I'm feeling blessed and on top of the world today. :)
View attachment 1580296
Wow, what a pair of pocketknives! OH