What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Mid-Late 1940's LF&C jackknife last couple of days. OH
LF&C_Barehead_Jackknife.jpg

Thanks, Mike. It's a good feeling for sure. :thumbsup:

sunknife sunknife ... or maybe 10 if he’s a good lad:thumbsup::thumbsup:
You make a good point Gus, that is if he's good. ;) My 1st two grandsons each got a knife from me at 6 yrs old, they're pretty good boys and Mom & Dad keep the goods in a safe place.

Wow, what a pair of pocketknives! OH
Thanks, Bruce. You know that Queen steel holds an excellent edge and the trapper 43 is a good size knife for many task. :thumbsup:

I'm carrying this WWII era Camillus Tip Top Barlow today.

View attachment 1580082
Outstanding. And a long pull spear to boot!
I’m curious. Is it marked with an 11, or is it from before they called it that?
Elegant or Brutish are in the eye of the beholder... ;)
Touche’
Put it this way~ one does the dirty jobs, and the other looks good.
You did a great job on the '19, Jeff!😁👍 Nice pairing!

Maiden voyage of the Bull Nose.

6dlOlrr.jpg

And since I was in my "lounge chair" again today, it helped to keep the vampires away!😂👍
peuV4Bd.jpg
Thanks, Dennis, on both counts!
I think you’ll like that Bullnose. Unless you already have one, then you already know!

Should we get some of the boys together and bust you out of the vampire’s lair?
Its unusual for me to swap between three pocket knives in one day, but I did today. All Italian as it turns out. No plan or forethought, just happy, er, happenstance 😃
Started out with an Antonini Farm doing some light yard work:
View attachment 1580260

Then, after what counts for rush hour around here, but before it got too hot, I went for a ride and took the titanium Slim Shuffler, because its so....slim 😜
View attachment 1580261of t

Finally during the hottest part of the day 🤪, I decided to do some more yard work. Synthetic and stainless really is the way to go when things get sweaty 😓
View attachment 1580264
Better watch that heat. I overdid it Tuesday. Almost passef out, threw up, The works.
Oregon Trapper & S&M swell center, single spring two blade. The Schatt is 3-7/8 closed and without half stops, which I prefer. Curious to know, is this knife considered a large pen knife or a half-whittler? In other news my daughter delivered my 7th grandchild, a healthy boy and I'm feeling blessed and on top of the world today. :)
View attachment 1580296
Nice knives and GREAT news. Congrats.
I'm lucky if it's only three each day.

I was thinking about that today after you fessed up about your mid-day change. I realized I never do that. Don’t ask me why, either!

I'm carrying this WWII era Camillus Tip Top Barlow today.

View attachment 1580082
Superb pic of that beautiful Barlow Dean :cool: :thumbsup:
Got tired of Fancy and went back to Thrifty
LOL! :D That still looks pretty good my friend :) :thumbsup:
A terrific pair of jacks for Thursday; the stag on your lamb has that very cool "clawed" look like your Queen's bone covers, awesome! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot JJ :) :thumbsup:
After seeing those amazing images @Un-Chained put up of his sweet Robeson, I dug out one I have with a similar frame (clip jack instead of spear,) and a thrifty delrin covered Robeson manufactured as a more budget line in the late 50s/early 60s. :)
That is stunning JJ, and the Delrin model pairs very nicely :cool: :) :thumbsup:
That would have been cool to have the whole set!😎👍
It certainly would Dennis :)

20LNwkE.jpg
k6FjH1X.jpg

Stan Shaw made me up this Stockman from old parts, and put horn covers on, instead of wood.

C5BRGVs.jpg

My friend H herder gifted me a regular-sized Stockman :) :thumbsup:

gikikSJ.jpg

And I have this Gunboat Canoe, made during that period, and a thoughtful gift from screened porch screened porch :) :thumbsup:

2wSgdht.jpg

A fine pair, Jack! The Queen looks Pristine!🙂👍

Maiden voyage of the Bull Nose.

6dlOlrr.jpg

And since I was in my "lounge chair" again today, it helped to keep the vampires away!😂👍
peuV4Bd.jpg
Thanks again buddy, the Queen was a gift from our pal JohnDF JohnDF :) You are doing a storming job with those multi-quotes Dennis :) Hope you're doing OK there, I like your new Sodbuster, goes great with the Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:
Mid-Late 1940's LF&C jackknife last couple of days. OH
LF&C_Barehead_Jackknife.jpg
Very handsome :) :thumbsup:
yGa98RK.jpg

I’m a bit disappointed smooth bone didn’t pull it out in the forum knife poll, but if this is the worst thing that happens all day, I’m doing ok. In an effort to cheer myself up, I’ll carry this Case barlow for a while.
I share your pain my friend, but that gorgeous Case Barlow is sure to brighten your day :) :thumbsup:

Piano keys for me today :) Have a good Friday everyone :thumbsup:

I1WbUm8.jpg

htLYU6H.jpg

Back