What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

@5K Qs
Thank you 3 and 1/2 times Gary
:thumbsup:

The duelling Robies are an awesome theme for JJ and I....
The first strawberry you mention is a 40s-50s grand daddy bone barlow, snappy and strong. The second, a peanut... almost factory and again in bone and in the same time frame.
The KA-BAR is built some where between the 20s to very early 50s in stag as the Olean N.Y. stamps begin to disappear, and featuring nickel pins and a twin pinned shield. It’s a half stockman and almost perfect other than a tight spring pin crack.
I’ll be with this for the better part of 48hrs, going into into Stagurday, some more pics for your pleasure....
56D2B105-C872-4942-828C-89F2552FE99B.jpeg

650669CA-A46C-48EA-9258-6D74CBAF7679.jpeg
Un-Chained Un-Chained
Another grand old beauty, this time from KABAR!👍👍

Northwoods Stockman has duty today ...

R6GmrA8.jpg
I don't use the word awesome lightly or often, (unlike many of todays youth), but hey, that knife is awesome, Jim.:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just got back from my early morning fishing trip... the fish didn't cooperate much.
Awesome picture John. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This one ended up staying in pocket all week. Forgot how well the single blade 48 carries. Have a great weekend everyone.
SqcTVbb.jpg
Another awesome knife, Tim. Love the smooth bone and single blade frame on that one.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I'm carrying this hideous pair: Smooth White bone over brass liners. 😦 The horror!
Obviously, a verdigris explosion is imminent!

BgF42I9.jpg

DnCqeh1.jpg
One last comment on awesomeness, I promise. What an awesome pair, Rachel. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A marvelous piece of French cutlery, awesome ebony too! 😁 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you JJ. For years I've talked myself in and out of a Nontron purchase and so glad I finally pulled the trigger.
The No25 has a lock-ring but for a friction folder, this one has the perfect (strong/solid) resistance between blade and wood and I may seldom even use the lock-ring.
VERY happy with this knife. So lightweight in the pocket for the size too ... and ebony is one of the few woods that won't float, so its density is heavier than most.
And it may look like a table leg LOL but the No25 is great in the hand.
That jigging looks like Queen made? love it :thumbsup:
Greg, I think it very well could be Queen made (that's my guess too). I've had the knife for 6yrs or so and it had languished on a vendor's shelf for who knows how long.
I THINK it is a Dave Shirley Northwoods. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
EDIT: Oh, and they called it Italian jig bone. I have a Northwoods slim/dogleg Jack in the same color and jigging as the Stockman.
The steel on the Jack and the Stockman is D2.
The color isn't quite as rich as the color on the stockman though ...

kkKuK4W.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from my early morning fishing trip... the fish didn't cooperate much.
Sorry you didn't get a bite John, but it still sounds like a great way to start the day :) :thumbsup:
Thank you vey kindly, Jack!!!

Awesome learning and viewing experience you have displayed of the IXL Schrade; thank you, Jack!!! 😁 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A couple of true beauties for your Friday totes; Bagpipe Ebony and Smooth White Bone make a super cool pair! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you very much JJ :) :thumbsup:
I'm carrying this hideous pair: Smooth White bone over brass liners. 😦 The horror!
Obviously, a verdigris explosion is imminent!

BgF42I9.jpg

DnCqeh1.jpg
Both beauties Rachel :cool: :) Wait! Is that discolouration on the blades?! :eek: :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
Hadn't carried the worm groove bone Schatt in awhile but had it in the pocket yesterday and enjoyed it enough to pocket it again today. Paired up with a rosewood jack from the Heritage collection.
View attachment 1580712
Two great-looking knives :) :thumbsup:

Back