What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That is awsome, Todd! Great looking knife, and a cool little buddy!😉👍
Thanks Dennis!

That feller looks MEAN! :D :thumbsup:

K8wsO7l.jpg
Very funny Jack! 👍😂😂😂
But, I think he actually said,40BB79F1-1042-4CCF-89A5-60225843D029.jpeg

Yup, It'll live. The Swissbuck was made by Wenger, and didn't last long. I may not have been the only person wondering who would buy a SAK if they wanted a Buck, and who would buy a Buck if they wanted a SAK. It's my smallest knife with a saw (about 3.25" closed).
c9j1rIR.jpg
Faced with the unstoppable Swiss marketing power, after they were acquired by Richards, and in turn by Imperial), the firm that had been Joseph Rodgers, tried making their own in the mid 70's :rolleyes: A shame they didn't try to re-create some of those fabulous old Sheffield Sportsman's knives instead! 🤔 :thumbsup:

WJ9bimn.jpg

Thanks Dennis!

Very funny Jack! 👍😂😂😂
But, I think he actually said,View attachment 1581985
LOL! :D :) :thumbsup:
That "70 is the new 50" is a load of crap!;)
I still bear a grudge against whoever coined that 'Life begins at 40' nonsense! :mad: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Very nice combination John!
Thank you, Dennis. :)
be safe on the roads...they be crazy out there!
That they are. The only place I hate driving worse than the Bay Area is Los Angeles... they are really crazy!
Love the Bull Nose and the lanyard is super fancy. 🤠:thumbsup:
We still love the lanyards/fobs you made for us, my wife has hers on her keys every day.
Not the BAY AREA??!
I know, right. 🤪
Thank God my son just graduated and we won't have any reason to return to this "hole" for a while.
Hope you made it OK John
We made it here, returning home this afternoon... can't wait!!!
Excellent picture, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
I enjoyed all your pictures from your hike in the other threads.
What a beautiful pairing, Todd. 🤠:thumbsup::thumbsup:
A Clip and a Wharncliffe is a favorite pairing of mine... so versatile.

That's a great looking Case, Gary. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :)
You sure have a lot of fantastic Barlows, including that Tip Top! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

After seeing those amazing images Un-Chained Un-Chained put up of his sweet Robeson, I dug out one I have with a similar frame (clip jack instead of spear,) and a thrifty delrin covered Robeson manufactured as a more budget line in the late 50s/early 60s. :)
The run of ravishing Robesons continues!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A another fine group, Gary! The half congress is sublime!😮👌
Thanks, Dennis. :)
Congrats on the new Bull Nose! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Oregon Trapper & S&M swell center, single spring two blade. The Schatt is 3-7/8 closed and without half stops, which I prefer. Curious to know, is this knife considered a large pen knife or a half-whittler? In other news my daughter delivered my 7th grandchild, a healthy boy and I'm feeling blessed and on top of the world today. :)
View attachment 1580296
I don't know what to call your big S&M officially; I'd probably just say, "Hey, Good-Lookin'"! :rolleyes:;)
Congrats on the new grandchild! :cool::cool::thumbsup: Isn't the seventh supposed to have special powers???:) Here's a link to an older singer singing a relevant song that was a hit for him about 50 years earlier:

Mid-Late 1940's LF&C jackknife last couple of days. OH
LF&C_Barehead_Jackknife.jpg
Bruce, that jack is Lovely, Fabulous, & Captivating! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(And it fills me with Longing, Fever, and Covetousness. :rolleyes:)

Better watch that heat. I overdid it Tuesday. Almost passef out, threw up, The works.
That sounds less than ideal! :eek: When I was a kid, I could bale hay all day, or run around playing, and the heat didn't really bother me that much. But this past hot/humid week, I went from doing 16-minute miles on my walks to about 18-minute miles!

That one is really great. I love seeing the Bose collabs getting carried.

Something a little less fancy for me today. Delrin Schrade

qng6YOE.jpg
Maybe not fancy, but a gorgeous knife! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Stan Shaw made me up this Stockman from old parts, and put horn covers on, instead of wood.

C5BRGVs.jpg

My friend @herder gifted me a regular-sized Stockman :) :thumbsup:

gikikSJ.jpg

And I have this Gunboat Canoe, made during that period, and a thoughtful gift from @scrteened porch :) :thumbsup:

2wSgdht.jpg

Thanks for the Schrade-Wostenholm pages, Jack, and for the photos of that tremendous trio of Wostenholm "collaboration" knives you have!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks buddy :) That must have been frustrating Gary, glad you're all OK today, clearly Rest Aids Recovery! ;) :thumbsup:
Being temporarily without telephone and TV service didn't bother me at all, but apparently I've become addicted to having internet access! o_O:thumbsdown:

5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thank you buddy. For some reason, I picture you on your daily walks with a bulging fanny back, pulling a small carry-on bag on wheels.:D
Jeff, sometimes I'll carry a fanny pack full of knives and camera if I'm going somewhere to take photos; I usually wear that with the strap diagonally across one shoulder and under the other arm, with the pack resting on my back. If I'm headed to campus, I usually have a 10-15 pound backpack (containing books, papers, laptop, lunch, and an assortment of knives and other tools and supplies) instead. Never thought about one of those wheeled suitcases before; thanks for giving me something to consider! ;)😁

I worry about that too Gary, but my neighbor tells me it’s fantastic. I have 3 years before I find out! 👍

Getting better each day, will say it’s been hanging on longer then I thought it would. Yes, that’s one of my several hats, a Father’s Day gift many years ago.😊
Thanks for the feedback, Todd. :)

I felt like carrying these two Barlows with smooth bone from ‘70 and ‘72. No particular reason, none at all.
Off to Iowa in a bit for my niece’s wedding. First mask and worry free family gathering in over a year, which is unusual for us.
The only ones that won’t be there are my oldest boy’s daughters, but school is out in Georgia, and they are flying here the day we get back. Really looking forward to having them for almost two weeks.
View attachment 1580544View attachment 1580545
Couple of charismatic Case bone Barlows, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Enjoy the upcoming time with family in circumstances that are starting to return to normal!

It's hard when it becomes such a big part of your identity.

Lol... I'm glad I spelled it correctly. ;)
Yeah, "they" warn us about putting all our eggs in one basket. :(
😁 I hadn't even thought about a homonym for "hoary"!

It’s these two to start the day. View attachment 1580604
Attractive pair of knives and slips, Todd! And I hadn't noticed the sweet tortoise shell bead until this photo! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

5K Qs 5K Qs
Thank you 3 and 1/2 times Gary
:thumbsup:

The duelling Robies are an awesome theme for JJ and I....
The first strawberry you mention is a 40s-50s grand daddy bone barlow, snappy and strong. The second, a peanut... almost factory and again in bone and in the same time frame.
The KA-BAR is built some where between the 20s to very early 50s in stag as the Olean N.Y. stamps begin to disappear, and featuring nickel pins and a twin pinned shield. It’s a half stockman and almost perfect other than a tight spring pin crack.
I’ll be with this for the better part of 48hrs, going into into Stagurday, some more pics for your pleasure....
View attachment 1580608
View attachment 1580610
Thanks for the additional info and the extra pics of that KA-BAR stag beauty, Gus! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Just got back from my early morning fishing trip... the fish didn't cooperate much.
Better luck next time, John; great photo! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
(The frequent lack of fish cooperation is one of my main reasons for not being a fisherman.)

I'm carrying this hideous pair: Smooth White bone over brass liners. 😦 The horror!
Obviously, a verdigris explosion is imminent!
DnCqeh1.jpg
I haven't been following the poll threads on the upcoming Forum Knife, but I'm guessing your sarcasm here was sparked by discussions over there?? ;):(

Had my dad make me a pocket slip for this 23 and I’m giving itView attachment 1580726View attachment 1580725 a try today. Given size of knife I wanted a belt loop to keep it upright. I also asked him to make it along the lines of a Tom Threeperson’s holster so that I could easily and quickly withdraw knife from my pocket.
That's an admirable set-up!! Plaudits to your dad for his fine work! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
(Puts the pressure on you so close to Father's Day! ;))

I'm carrying my GEC cherry bone 85 caplifter today for my 35th birthday. Also resigned from my job this morning. Cheers everyone! Have a great weekend.

gifting myself the 38 jig bone English whittler that's hiding under my sink tonight when I get home lol. I will post pics this evening.
Belated Happy Birthday; sounds like you made it memorable! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Ironwood Calf Roper and an Ulster Jack

pcqXfqF.jpg
That's a notable pair, Steve; the ironwood Calf Roper is a real prize! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT

Back