What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

It's evening here, and I'm getting my kit ready for a hike tomorrow :) Carrying these three ;) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:
Jack, your stag HHB, Vic Farmer, and fixed blade are a splendid hiking trio; I hope the hike was as enjoyable as the cutlery! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Got a pair of new to me F&F models with me today. The Hayn' Helper is really nice. Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Congrats on your new matched pair of work knives; you must be glowing! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm carrying my I*XL Barlow for Old Friends Friday.

View attachment 1580849
Beautiful photo with all the wood, Dean! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I used to think sawcut Barlows with color similar to your I*XL had wood handles.

HA !!! :D ... 'zactly like that Gary LOL
:thumbsup:;)

For black Friday
zt1KuCq.jpg
Outstanding knife! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I carried my soda scout today. Working on a guard for the water trough float.

5GqXPxq.jpg
Nice knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
Do you have any "critters" in your water tank? When I was a kid on the dairy farm, seems like in the summer we almost always had a turtle or two and a couple of bullheads in the cow tank; the cows didn't seem to mind. (Sometimes had a watermelon cooling in the tank, too.)

I carry today this GEC 83 in Natural Stag.
Superb stag lockback, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

It’s the Jack again for me today. Cutting up some food for the box turtles. ...
They come like dogs when they see me with tomatoes or bananas. 😊View attachment 1581259
That's pretty cool, Todd; you must be a turtle whisperer! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Queen#10 and a Coast Cutco Stockman

gku32mV.jpg
What a sensational pair, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: I'll vote for the stockman today.

I'm carrying my 2018 BladeForums knife for Stagurday.

View attachment 1581461
I decided on this Case Sway Back in CV steel for my Sunday knife.

View attachment 1582304
You're taking some excellent photos of your fine knives lately, Dean! I enjoy the close-ups with colors and textures in the backgrounds that complement, or contrast with, the knives. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Time for some “schmancy”
View attachment 1581521
Striking pearls, gents! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

That blue is sooo pretty. 😍:thumbsup:

A classic Lambsfoot if there ever was one. 🤠:thumbsup:
Really like that red shield on that mini copperhead Gary, and as John said, that blue is special. 😎👍
Great trio right there! 👍
This knives are awesome, Gary.👍👍
Titanic trio Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the kind remarks, guys. :)

Wagon Train today on our main street. Great time with friends and family. This is what I have been carrying. Can't go wrong with this pair!
vmLxILz.jpg
Dynamic duo, Taylor! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

This yellow delrin Case pen for me today. A nice slim carry.

sF1VSEN.jpg
That's a superb knife! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I prefer that pen knife to a Peanut.

You'll get your groove Gary!! I was afraid me and my wife would be tripping over each other, but we do great together, and enjoy camping and sightseeing whenever we can.
Congratulations on being retired!🙂👍
Next one better than the last! Great Tres Amigos, Gary!!😊👌
The Bull Nose again for the weekend!
ZK6ngPy.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Thanks for the encouraging words, Dennis. :)
With that red fob attached to your green Bull Nose, you could carry it all the way until Christmas! :cool:;):cool:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend :) I had a great hike yesterday, but I'm definitely feeling my age today! :D :thumbsup:
Clever choice of knives to accompany your words, Jack: stag HHB to represent the wondrous hike, and an Old Timer to represent your age! :cool::cool::D I can relate to your experience. A couple of weeks ago, I played basketball for the first time in 15 months, and was pleasantly surprised by how little difficulty I had running up and down the court. But the next day, my groin was very sore, and that lasted for 3 days.

Today’s strawberry stockman is one of my faves…
View attachment 1581986
Gus, your stockman is like a real strawberry: looks so good, and so good for you! ;):cool::cool:

That "70 is the new 50" is a load of crap!;)

Have a safe Sunday!
OWQDkCR.jpg
Great photo of your "doctor's knife", Gary! :cool:;):cool: I think I'm going to have to go buy a lunch pail to keep all my medications in. :rolleyes:

Still stuck in the Bay Area, still Totin' the Hounds Tooth.
I'll switch it up when I get back home this afternoon. Until then, a recycled pic...
Switching knives now that I'm home... Just out of the mail, a Case Medium Stockman in Stag Bone.
Glad you could get your son moved back home, John. :thumbsup::)
Congrats on the bone stag stockman! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I like the looks of Case's bone stag, but I'm kind of reluctant to "roll the dice" by ordering it online.

GT, I don’t know that I’ve ever met anyone else possessing your way with words! As always, thank you! OH
Thanks, Bruce. :) I have a fairly big vocabulary when I'm thinking or writing, but in face-to-face conversation, I'm more of a "Yep","Nope", "Maybe", "Um...", "You don't say" kind of guy. :rolleyes:

60 may be the new 40, but 9 o'clock is the new midnight.

yep, pretty much. ;)

I've got the small Italian Pruner in my pocket while doing some puttering in the garden this morning. I'll switch to the Beer & Sausage later for a neighborhood Flag Day Parade and picnic.

EbcIHqg.jpg

GlZVaHc.jpg
Nice trio of knives, Rachel! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I agree with your claim about time of day. In my golden years, I seem to wake up at 4-4:30am no matter when I go to bed, so staying up past 9pm is unusual for me any more. :(:rolleyes:

Just think of it as a walk in the woods, along a stream, carrying a stick. ;)
I could probably enjoy that kind of fishing, and wouldn't have to adjust my budget too much! :)

Thanks Gary :) I haven't watched TV in decades, but I do watch films on DVD, and more recently, online. Years ago, I didn't have a phone for some years, but that wasn't that unusual then :rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Yeah, I'm often debating with myself over just how essential various types of technology are.

Three good looking knives you have there, Gary. You seem to find good stag knives. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Dean. :) I think I've been quite fortunate with most of the stag I've come up with.

Thank you, Gary. Special powers may only apply to the seventh son. He's got 4 girl cousins only 2 boy cousins, but we'll see. :)
I was living in Chicago in the early 80's and spent quite a bit of time in small bars and blues clubs witnessing some of the great blues performers live on stage. Probably saw Willie a half dozen times, as a songwriter and performer he was one of the best and played regularly
around town.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had these two with me all day today. GEC #74 & Klaas Whittler
View attachment 1582427
Sounds like that was an enjoyable musical experience, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Notable pair of knives!

- GT

Jack, your stag HHB, Vic Farmer, and fixed blade are a splendid hiking trio; I hope the hike was as enjoyable as the cutlery! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
Thank you very much Gary, I enjoyed the hike as much as my three trusty companions :) :thumbsup:

KDcx0yk.jpg

(More pics in the Guardians thread)
Clever choice of knives to accompany your words, Jack: stag HHB to represent the wondrous hike, and an Old Timer to represent your age! :cool::cool::D I can relate to your experience. A couple of weeks ago, I played basketball for the first time in 15 months, and was pleasantly surprised by how little difficulty I had running up and down the court. But the next day, my groin was very sore, and that lasted for 3 days.
Thanks again my friend :D :) Good for you playing basketball Gary, I hope you're fully recovered now :) :thumbsup:
Deciding what to pair with my lambsfoot for todayView attachment 1582591Happy Monday have a good day!
Lambsfoot is looking good :) :thumbsup:

Glad you made it there and back John, I bet you feel like Snake Plissken!
Like Snake after his basketball game. ;)
Wonderful photo, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Cooking coffee outdoors is the best relaxer in the world.
I like the looks of Case's bone stag, but I'm kind of reluctant to "roll the dice" by ordering it online.
Thanks, GT. :)
I bought this one off the Exchange.
It had good pictures and for the price it was worth the risk.

These two today - Sod Buster Jr. and a single blade Sowbelly. No particular reason but one of them may come in handy when I secure our generator back in the shed. Power was out for 5-hours yesterday and the generator came through like a champ. The only real inconvenience was that I tripped on the generator cord, fell on the sidewalk and busted arse. Sore and stiff as all get out this AM.

View attachment 1582156
We just don't bounce back like we used to, Ed! Hope the tail bone feels better soon!
Great photo of your "doctor's knife", Gary! :cool:;):cool: I think I'm going to have to go buy a lunch pail to keep all my medications in. :rolleyes:
Thanks, Gary! I guess I could crush a pill with that knife!
That little pile of pills is just the few I take after eating some breakfast!:D

You know pal, since I hadn’t seen you post that one in a few days… could’ve been the GAW mystery knaf… I’ll just keep dreaming mmmk !!
Haha... Keep dreamin. :D
The TC is never going anywhere, it pretty special.
But the mystery knife is pretty cool too, made by another good American brand.

Back