What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am really trying to like this hibbard spencer bartlett but i dont think i can get over how bad it has been buffed and polished! I bought it only seeing dimly lit photos and had no idea how much it had been altered. Now everytime i look at it it reminds me ☹ maybe if i force some quality time i will get over it. I had the lambsfoot along today as well. 20210615_172214_copy_756x1008.jpg20210615_172232_copy_756x1008.jpg

DYnKof1.jpg

Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a CV Case chestnut jigged bone model, a surprise Christmas gift from (and now a treasured memento of) Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop :
sow.card.outside.jpg

"Regular" stockman this week is a Chinese Imperial large stockman, part of a matching trio from Ramrodmb Ramrodmb :
large.mark.closed.jpg

Budget Canoe this week is a Rough Rider with Painted Desert covers:
pntddsrt.pile.closed.sun.jpg

Premium Canoe is a Colt with titanium-coated carbon steel blades and G-10 covers:
canoe.mark.closed.jpg

- GT

I am really trying to like this hibbard spencer bartlett but i dont think i can get over how bad it has been buffed and polished! I bought it only seeing dimly lit photos and had no idea how much it had been altered. Now everytime i look at it it reminds me ☹ maybe if i force some quality time i will get over it. I had the lambsfoot along today as well. View attachment 1583546View attachment 1583551
Go ahead and use it and get it dirty and wearing patina and I expect that you will have a different opinion of that old HSB . They were fine knives my friend .

Harry

Last edited:
Everyday a buck 110 and a small superbly made pocket knife folder I can’t I’d but is very high quality,stag scales awl clip point,sheep’s foot and small spear point with a Phillips head about 3” long,no name ,in my car a ka bar USMC ,AND RIGHT NOW A Gerber Command 1 that I just got at a yard sale for 2$

I am really trying to like this hibbard spencer bartlett but i dont think i can get over how bad it has been buffed and polished! I bought it only seeing dimly lit photos and had no idea how much it had been altered. Now everytime i look at it it reminds me ☹ maybe if i force some quality time i will get over it. I had the lambsfoot along today as well. View attachment 1583546View attachment 1583551
Everyone who has never fallen for the devious wiles of a Fluffer ‘n Buffer raise your hand!

Anybody?
I didn’t think so.:D
In my case, it was a sweet old Robeson easy open swell end jack. When I got it, and first looked at it under good light, I was reminded of the chrome front end of a three hole late 50’s Buick.
Old Engineer Old Engineer is right~ use it to cut some meat and tangy food. Let the patina loose.
Capable and good looking pair, Steve.
Sowbelly Stockman of the Week is a CV Case chestnut jigged bone model, a surprise Christmas gift from (and now a treasured memento of) Ron Half/Stop Half/Stop :
View attachment 1583605

"Regular" stockman this week is a Chinese Imperial large stockman, part of a matching trio from Ramrodmb Ramrodmb :
View attachment 1583606

Budget Canoe this week is a Rough Rider with Painted Desert covers:
View attachment 1583607

Premium Canoe is a Colt with titanium-coated carbon steel blades and G-10 covers:
View attachment 1583614

- GT
Beautiful gift and great remembrance of Ron!

Have to use some old photos of what I have in my pockets today . An old Northfield Knife Co. Congress and a 2011 GEC Northfield Congress . Don't carry either one very often but they just seem to go together . The newer one is #20 of 35 that were serialized .

Harry

Back