What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I am still toting my newest acquisition that arrived last week. Recently made knife sporting a 1970's made carbon steel blade. I dubbed it 'Rodgers Stock Barlowman'.

IMG-20210615-222228-3.jpg

IMG-20210615-222207-2.jpg
That's an interesting knife :thumbsup:
Excellent pairing :thumbsup:
On a pal’s deck just sittin’ back…
Chartreuse and pearly…
View attachment 1583686
A great nite to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That's a beauty, and inspiring...;)

Hope everyone is having a good week, the Guardians thread reached 50,000 posts yesterday, so it seemed appropriate to carry my 2017 Guardians SFO, and I'm adding this Abram Brooksbank ;) Please enter the giveaway linked to in my sig line :thumbsup:

V9plg8s.jpg

ZscmnGx.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, GT. Simple elegance, right?

I carried this SAK today. Another one with simple elegance.

GS9gqsb.jpg
Capital Cadet, Sacto Sacto !

Case Mini Trapper in stag, today.

Magnificent stag mini trapper, José!

I will tote the Vic hawkbill florist until I get done what it is for which this knife was designed.
It looks like cutting garlic is a patina maker.View attachment 1582575
Proud pair of purpose-driven knives, Jeff!

Thanks Gary, I guess we all have a talent! 😂😂😂
You're right, Todd, although some of us are still waiting to discover what our talent is! 🤪

Thank you very much Gary, I enjoyed the hike as much as my three trusty companions :) :thumbsup:

KDcx0yk.jpg

(More pics in the Guardians thread)

Thanks again my friend :D :) Good for you playing basketball Gary, I hope you're fully recovered now :) :thumbsup:

Lambsfoot is looking good :) :thumbsup:
What a verdant vista, Jack; you find some enjoyable areas for your hikes!
Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks, GT. :)
I bought this one off the Exchange.
It had good pictures and for the price it was worth the risk.
That's probably a safe alternative to handling knives in person, John. I should check the Exchange more frequently. I've bought several excellent knives there for what I considered more-than-fair prices, but I seem to look there only once a month or so.

Happy to pocket my TC again today...
Totally Classy!

Thanks, Gary! I guess I could crush a pill with that knife!
That little pile of pills is just the few I take after eating some breakfast!:D
Delicious post-breakfast dessert, eh? I remember when I would get prescriptions that I'd have to take until all the pills were gone. Now I get prescriptions that I have to take until I'm dead! :eek:;)

Thanks, Jack. 🇺🇸🇵🇷🇬🇧🇱🇷🇦🇺🇮🇲
I'm a little bit sore from some of the yardwork I did over the weekend, but expect to recover quickly.

Fantastic!

I find that as I get older, I'm more of an early riser. It's certainly nice this time of year, when it's 80 degrees by 8 am. If I don't get a walk in first thing in the morning, I'm just not going to do it.

MeV71bS.jpg
I should get into the habit of walking before breakfast in the summer, as I do when we're on vacation. Last week, it was unseasonably hot and humid, and I seemed to wait until the max heat index of the day before putting in my 6-mile stroll.

Pleasing pair of GECs you're sporting, Rachel! The B&S knives that appear here have me looking for a "hobo" pattern, and I think I found a budget Böker Magnum version that I'll include in my next knife order.

He has been so interested in my pocket knives of late - he got his own little SAK in the mail today. When he saw that it has a spoon, he immediately asked for some cereal to try it out:)

enAAm3y.jpg
Cool! Maybe THAT'S the hobo knife I should get!

Thanks Gary, definitely enjoying them. They are a huge hit with the three year old and should come in handy when we go camping!
Cool that the kid likes 'em, Ross!

Pleasing photo of a phenomenal pair of knives, Todd!

Thank you. No critters yet. This is a new trough, so nothing has found its way in yet. Fish and frogs are pretty common in a lot of our troughs. I’ve never had a turtle, but that would be cool. Usually the only thing we have cooling in the troughs are dogs on hot days.
I think most of the stuff in our tank was supplied by my brothers and me after fishing trips with Grandpa.

Apparently today I prefer a particular size, shape and number of blades.
How could I have even known. The numbers are so seemingly random.
72 * 400 * 73 * 5 ... that's such an odd average of about 137.5

J8mtX5n.jpg
Quality quartet of "compare and contrast" knives!

It's Flag Day here in the U.S. so I'm carrying this SAK today.

View attachment 1582854
Good holiday choice, Dean!

Grabbed these two for my mad Monday; a Robeson English Jack and a GEC Bull Buster. :)
Bringing out the Big Boys, JJ!

For the “wet one minute, sunny-humid the next” evening up here, some more… well it’s right there and even ghosted on the main
View attachment 1582947
A great one to all:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Phenomenal pointy Puma, Gus!

Carried my bullnose in nifebrite to work today, but had to switch it out for this when I got it out of the mailbox tonight. A grail obtained!

oJ8BzxY.jpg
Congrats on the arrival of your grail, Ross; that's a LOT of camp knife!

Being consoled this getting late night already, by a perfectly (well almost perfectly) good CV Chestnut Jig Bone TB61028W Teardrop Jack

8ddGhZ0.jpg
Your Teardrop makes me happy, Jim!

Cool for cats Gary :cool: :thumbsup:

Pairing my Hartshead Barlow with a Random Tuesday Higonakami :thumbsup:

ObeNyxg.jpg

u0FNza6.jpg
Thanks, Jack.
Couple of fine choices for you! I keep a higonokami on my desk, and with its wide bevel, I find it the easiest knife for me to sharpen.

I'm dithering.
SYaCL7e.jpg
Words to live by: "When in doubt, dither." 3 winners, Jer!

Nice Mercator !
Thanks, Steve. Probably my favorite lockback, although I have a Case Tribal Lock that's also a splendid knife.

- GT

What a verdant vista, Jack; you find some enjoyable areas for your hikes!
Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks, Jack.
Couple of fine choices for you! I keep a higonokami on my desk, and with its wide bevel, I find it the easiest knife for me to sharpen.

Thanks Gary, all the rain helps keep it green here ;) :D :thumbsup:

Do you know, it's so long since I carried that knife, I can't even remember if I've ever sharpened it or not! I do have a vague recollection, but not a detailed one. Story of my life these days! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

Excellent pairing :thumbsup:

That's a beauty, and inspiring...;)

Hope everyone is having a good week, the Guardians thread reached 50,000 posts yesterday, so it seemed appropriate to carry my 2017 Guardians SFO, and I'm adding this Abram Brooksbank ;) Please enter the giveaway linked to in my sig line :thumbsup:

V9plg8s.jpg

ZscmnGx.jpg

Thanks Jack and congrats on the big milestone for the Guardians thread !

Is that red saw cut or brown saw cut?
With a name like Muscadine... I'm guessing Red.
Wonderful brush strokes on that horn. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Very classy looking Whittler, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Totally Classy!
Like totally dude... ;)
Thank you, GT.
Great looking Barlow, Bruce. 🤠:thumbsup:
Boker knows how to build a good pocket knife, so I'm sure it's quite excellent.
Rancher or Cowboy?
The Rancher is a good sized knife, while the Cowboy is almost comically BIG.

Back