What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Changed my tote
Time to get this 'Big-Un' acclimated and through the bonding phase

Uicn4SO.jpg

OdhK4kT.jpg

RZVDkAt.jpg

Two for Thursday. The Giant Mouse GMF1-F landed today. Ima think I'll like this knife! Very similar to my Nessmi, but can be very easily carried in my pocket. Lovely sheath too.
Paired up with an Ohta Wharncliffe trapper.
gPBPGvS.jpg

Two for Thursday. The Giant Mouse GMF1-F landed today. Ima think I'll like this knife! Very similar to my Nessmi, but can be very easily carried in my pocket. Lovely sheath too.
Paired up with an Ohta Wharncliffe trapper.
gPBPGvS.jpg
WHOA !!! Mouse with a Swiss Cheese handle. How cool is that. I like it ...
But not as much as that big fat gnarly OHTA :cool:

Pàdruig Pàdruig Pàdruig Pàdruig
Wunderful pairing there… a beaut’ of a fixed blade as well Dylan :eek: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks great to me. Pairs really nicely with that red bone fixed blade you have! Carry it in good health, my friend.

Thank you, my friends.

I think it’s quite nice. I have always loved the contrast between polished white and bark. And having used elk antler on some of my hack jobs, I’ll testify that achieving similar thickness is no small thing.

Thank you for the encouragement, Jeff. I have quite a few knives where the Stag is mismatched in thickness. It isn't something that usually bothers me and, most of the time, it works out in my favor with regards to ergonomics and such. That said, it is nice to see thin, well matched Stag - even if it isn't the gnarliest or darkest.

I am rolling with these two today - one of my favorite Barlows and an ol' Lambsfoot.

rKWBw5V.jpg

@ PD
Thank you, my friends.

Thank you for the encouragement, Jeff. I have quite a few knives where the Stag is mismatched in thickness. It isn't something that usually bothers me and, most of the time, it works out in my favor with regards to ergonomics and such. That said, it is nice to see thin, well matched Stag - even if it isn't the gnarliest or darkest.

I am rolling with these two today - one of my favorite Barlows and an ol' Lambsfoot.
Pàdruig Pàdruig very nice pair. Beautiful. If that's what they're calling black cherry I might have to change my vote

Pàdruig Pàdruig
Nice to see you! and wunderful company there this eve… enjoy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another fave came through the door today as some of you have seen elsewhere. Just gently cleaned all the rust off and oiled the pivots. This will be my user saving my top copy… a dream of a second if you will. The pen blade’s almost new, like a razor and saved the knife once it seems (tang ding). Smooth action with a bit of play to be corrected and a new profile whenever on the main, I’ll just enjoy it’s snappy song till then.
In the side-wayz sun….
F59AF78C-BF76-43DE-9BE7-F1A031E41271.jpeg
Enjoy the nite all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like it... glad it showed up. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thanks John! I'm glad I didn't put a mouse trap in my mailbox!
WHOA !!! Mouse with a Swiss Cheese handle. How cool is that. I like it ...
But not as much as that big fat gnarly OHTA :cool:
Thanks Jim! It's a pretty cool Mouse! Mr. Ohta does make a nice knife.

Back