What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

qtfgdcr.jpg

Starting with the Jack and a lambfoot. Expecting a package today so who knows what will be the pocket this afternoon. 😉View attachment 1585425
Excellent pairing Todd :) :thumbsup:
Thank you, Jack. :)
I figured you might like a Lamb, Coffee, and Biscuit photo. ;)

Spectacular photo, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
The textures and colors all work so well together... the HHB being the star of course.
Definitely John! :D Thank you for the kind words buddy :) :thumbsup:
Happy Saturday Everybody
Case Medium Stockman in Bone Stag with my Usual Lamb
Another great pairing :cool: :thumbsup:
You certainly put that beauty to work; awesome photograph! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grabbed these two European made totes; a 5 bladed stag covered German made Stockman and an Italian made German folding butcher design. :)
Thanks JJ, been helping me strip the bark off the hiking staffs I've been making lately :) Handsome pair of Europeans there my friend :) :thumbsup:
I'm toting these two:
3gOtNyX.jpg
Cool pair Rachel :) :thumbsup:
Peanut-like (i.e., small) Knife of the Week is a Rough Ryder stag bone cotton sampler:
View attachment 1585838

Lambsfoot of the Week is Cracker Jack, my Ashley's Choice stag lambsfoot, a Jack Black SFO:
View attachment 1585827

Stag/Horn Knife of the Week is a big Joker stag lockback:
View attachment 1585841

- GT
Terrific trio Gary, you just reminded me I bought one of those small Cotton Samplers recently, I'll have to find where I put it! :D It's always good to see your Cracker Jack :cool: :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.
Congrats on the denim micarta Half Hawk; is that a single-blade model?
Thanks pal, it's got a large Pen blade too, pretty chunky knife. I always forget I have a Coal Miner Half-Hawk too, but I was pleased to get another RR knife in carbon, even though they're getting pretty pricey here now (nearly £100 for some of the fancier models) :thumbsup:
Lots of variety in your pairing, Jack!

You're welcome, Jack. I'm getting to an age at which I'm reluctant to personally attempt any repairs that require a ladder.
Thanks again Gary, I know what you mean, I used to climb out of the first floor windows to clean them. The last time I did that it took me about 15 minutes to get back in! :eek: :D :thumbsup:
Happy Fathers Day; those are fine knives.

4nHFv41.jpg
Another fine pairing Rachel :thumbsup:
Having some breakfast tea with RALF and my Fathers' Day gift from the wife, a hand decorated insulated mug celebrating American cutlery firms.

kKzMQSD.jpg

Q2PFnuD.jpg

7BnyNI8.jpg
Cool mug there, and it's always good to see RALF :) :thumbsup:
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there in Porchenburg
Very cool John! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads :) I had to go into town to get an eye-test, and am only just getting caught up now, but I've had one of my Sambar and Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs with me - a SamDamLamb! ;) :D :thumbsup:

QzBphmJ.jpg

Excellent pairing Todd :) :thumbsup:

RR knife in carbon, even though they're getting pretty pricey here now (nearly £100 for some of the fancier models) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack, gotta give the new guy a chance.😊
That starting to cut into the bargain appeal of RRs.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads :)
Sambar and Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs with me - a SamDamLamb! ;) :D :thumbsup:

QzBphmJ.jpg
Great knife and photo Jack! 😎👍

Thanks JJ, been helping me strip the bark off the hiking staffs I've been making lately :) Handsome pair of Europeans there my friend :) :thumbsup:
That's very cool, Jack. 😎 :thumbsup: Thank you kindly!!!
Happy Father's Day to all the dads :) I had to go into town to get an eye-test, and am only just getting caught up now, but I've had one of my Sambar and Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs with me - a SamDamLamb! ;) :D :thumbsup:

QzBphmJ.jpg
Wonderful photograph of your SamDamLamb; what an amazing looking knife, as well!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd planned on carrying this Schrade Tennessee River Trapper in it's sheath

1624206747855.png

but it's just now coming over the scanner that there's been a plane crash in Likely (a small town 18-miles to the South of Alturas) and they've called out two helicopters, three ambulances, CDF rescue, the Sheriff's Posse and now the Coroner. Might have to go check that out. If so, I'll carry a heavier knife in addition to the trapper.

Oh no. They're calling 11-44 - deceased. Prayers up for all involved.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads here at Blade Forums.

Last edited:
View attachment 1586116
Puma Buffalo Horn Trapper, and #43 Oregon Trapper today. The Zippo is for the smoker.
The plan is for both sets of our parents to come out today, as well as our granddaughters other grandad for a nice Father’s Day. In spite of my earlier threats to do a whole lot of nothing yesterday, I actually did tidy up the back deck (entertainment central), mowed, got out the leaf blower, and blew all the grass clippings and spruce needles off ( as well as the wood chips and horse manure that I always spill when I bring them home😏), and of course, got the gardens and flowers watered. Now, it’s tidying up indoors, which seems to be more important to the old ball ‘n chain. 🤨 She did get me a new gasoline powered pole saw for Father’s Day, so I think that means I can stick around another year.
Happy Father’s Day!

I was thinking of you this morning Jeff. Excellent selection to carry today. I'm a little curious. Just what kind of sheath are you going to have made to carry the pole saw? 😲

Back