What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

AavBkwD.jpg

8loAmVU.jpg

... oh and for Metal Monday, this Victorinox Classic
Sun won't be up for another hour and a half, so Sugar doesn't know yet
When I saw the Classic online, I thought it would be bigger than it is
There are millions of them. I stopped counting at forty-eleven dozen
So I guess this one is a normal size Classic

18I0VvX.jpg
Nice classic! I have the alox minichamp which I find to be quite useful to keep in my truck. The thing is tiny but has a million tools on it.

Amir Fleschwund Amir Fleschwund
Jeff, that might be the same material as my pocketeze, feels like Bakelite discovered in Yonkers, N.Y. Circa1907. Formaldehyde was used in the resin mix… maybe the both of us will outlast Keif Richard :p :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
😁😁

It's Fancy Friday, with a bit of shunkle.
ASfsmCC.jpg
Fancy Friday, indeed! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
There's gold in them there hills, and pearl in them there oyster beds! ;)

Heading into Father’s Day weekend I’m carrying this Remington stockman. My parents bought it for me on a trip to Branson, MO. They had the front show side bolster engraved with my initials. IIRC, they gave me this knife when I was 13-14 and it’s still working flawlessly.

Cool story and priceless knife! I always think of Remington when I see that shade of green/yellow sawcut Delrin. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you very much, Gary.
It's a very old friction folder, made with a stick pierced by grub and yes the image is of a partridge. It is 10 cm closed and the blade is 8.5 cm. ;)👍👍
Thanks for the info, José. :) The knife is larger than I had thought it was, and the literal "worm grooves" on the handle are outstanding!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm carrying this Old Friend which has been faithful for at least 35 years.

View attachment 1585077
Dean and Jim, those Uncle Henry stock knives you posted are glorious! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Harry
Auspicious pair of 38s, Harry! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Challenge Cutco and a Churchill
Great pair, Steve; that Churchill is a champ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

These two today...
WQFovZT.jpg
Gallant pair, Dennis! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Memorable pile-side pic of your stag HHB, Jack; definitely NOT "barking up the wrong tree"! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

"You better [stay] home, boy, and make up your mind."
The Lovin' Spoonful is a guilty pleasure of mine. 🤪 Thanks for the nostalgic lyric, Jer! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Happy Saturday Everybody
Case Medium Stockman in Bone Stag with my Usual Lamb
Notable pair with a ton of versatility, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
How are you liking that bone stag medium stockman?

The English and French stag look good living in Portugal, José! :cool::cool:;)

Some stag for Saturday while I work around the house and try to stay cool.
vMuzcxu.jpg

Stunning stag, Sacto Sacto ! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

Grabbed these two European made totes; a 5 bladed stag covered German made Stockman and an Italian made German folding butcher design. :)
You're an international man of mystery with regard to knives, JJ! :cool:;):cool:

In honor of my father because he would have had one like this
Except his was orange and said ROADWAY I think ...

NpcS3UW.jpg
Cool knife and Father's Day tribute, Jim! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
I have one similar to yours that I almost never post, but it's almost always in a pocket of my winter parka:
back.halfway.jpg
front.full.jpg

These two for today. Check out that crazy wood on the Barlow.

Sensational wood on BOTH of them, IMHO! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well, I got tired watching the niece and her husband, kids, and friends work so hard so we're back home and I've switched from the Buck 500 Duke to my new Case Sod Buster Jr..

View attachment 1585739
Congrats on that "anchor shield" SBJr, ED!! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I'm toting these two:
3gOtNyX.jpg
Nice carries, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Seeing the vegetation has me wondering whatever happened with your frozen rosemary? Did the old one come back to life at all? Did you get a new one started?

Canoe today, which was a gift from Mike, @Nature Boy .

View attachment 1585792
Congrats on the appealing canoe JB in LV JB in LV , and kudos to Mike for his generosity! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I'd be interested in any details about the canoe you're willing to provide; thanks. :)

- GT

Tonite’s buddy…
View attachment 1585165
A great one to all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Terrific tip-bolstered TEW, Gus!

Bodacious bone on that Winchester jack!

I love seeing Cracker Jack... Lovely Stag Lamb with an excellent name.
Thanks, John; it is certainly a photogenic knife.

yIam6BD.jpg

Slimming it out today.
Amusing photo! For some reason it reminded me of Snoopy in the old "Peanuts" comic strip when he took on the persona of Joe Cool.

Happy Father’s Day! This MAC Tools Imperial Frontier stockman sports my kids’ initials. View attachment 1586051
That's really cool!
Coincidence ... or Grand Design???

You have NINE kids? 😲
😁 😁

I was probably deceiving myself about the regal bearing.

The sheath would be less horizontal on suspenders.
If you have the blood, I'm sure you have the bearing! ;)
I have a couple of sheaths that can be used horizontally or vertically, and if I use the "horizontal straps", I can wear them as vertical sheaths, usually on the back side of my suspenders, taking "ostentatious" right out of the discussion!

5K Qs 5K Qs
You bet Gary that Robie is a beaut and repetition is the mother of perfection, or something like that…

On the topic of parents and being Pop’s day and all, a rarity out of its case today. My father bought this Pioneer for me along with a Mechanic almost three decades ago, shown here with one of his favourite rubies…. Never to be forgotten.
View attachment 1586052
Happy Father’s Day to ALL, and of course a peaceful Sunday as well :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What a treasure that Pioneer is, Gus!

Carrying this Joker Setter my daughter just gave me for Father’s Day:
Along with the Case stockman my wife gave me for Father’s Day (which I’m sure everyone is tired of seeing by now) and the Vic Cadet my daughter gave me last Christmas, (which I carry every day).

9B7h1iJ.jpg

Nice set of knives just for being Dad. :)
Very nice set of gifts!!

Great selection Gary, especially your lambsfoot. I have one of those little cotton samplers too, fun to play with, but not sure what it’s best suited for, since I don’t sample much cotton! 😊
I use my knives most often in the kitchen, but the small cotton sampler is too short for many kitchen tasks. (Of course, I could just keep it on the counter to remind me to be careful with my portion sizes so that I don't end up with as big a belly as a cotton sampler blade.)

It looks suited to sampling peanut butter.

That’s a great idea Rachel, but it better be a small jar. 😄
The little guy got in over it’s head and I needed to bring in some reinforcements. 😊View attachment 1586106
You folks sure give me value for my entertainment dollar! 😁🤪
Todd, I have one of the big cotton samplers, too, and it works a lot better in the kitchen. (My large cotton sampler has ram's horn bone covers, rather than stag bone like my small model.) I also like using the large one with its massive belly when I was de-barking a tree branch the other day.

Always like to carry stag on ceremonial days - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to the dads here on the Porch. OH

Case_51749_LSS_Mini-Copperlock_-_2000.jpg
Nice knife and sentiment, Bruce; same to you!

Having some breakfast tea with RALF and my Fathers' Day gift from the wife, a hand decorated insulated mug celebrating American cutlery firms.

kKzMQSD.jpg

Q2PFnuD.jpg

7BnyNI8.jpg
Splendid mug, Jeff!

American Jack and a Barlow

JMIE6O9.jpg
Superb older/newer pair, Steve!

Terrific trio Gary, you just reminded me I bought one of those small Cotton Samplers recently, I'll have to find where I put it! :D It's always good to see your Cracker Jack :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, it's got a large Pen blade too, pretty chunky knife. I always forget I have a Coal Miner Half-Hawk too, but I was pleased to get another RR knife in carbon, even though they're getting pretty pricey here now (nearly £100 for some of the fancier models) :thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary, I know what you mean, I used to climb out of the first floor windows to clean them. The last time I did that it took me about 15 minutes to get back in! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Happy Father's Day to all the dads :) I had to go into town to get an eye-test, and am only just getting caught up now, but I've had one of my Sambar and Damascus Lambsfoot SFOs with me - a SamDamLamb! ;) :D :thumbsup:

QzBphmJ.jpg
Thanks, Jack; Cracker Jack lives up to his name!
Thanks for the info about your new Half Hawk; I prefer the 2-blade model, but I've stayed away from the pricier lines RR has marketed lately (except for a cinnamon stag bone Damascus canoe, but that was still under $30 IIRC).
Your window story confused me momentarily, until I remembered that "first floor" (Europe) = "second floor" (US).
Superb SamDamLamb waterfall photo!

- GT

Fancy Friday, indeed! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
There's gold in them there hills, and pearl in them there oyster beds!
😁:thumbsup:
Nice carries, Rachel! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
Seeing the vegetation has me wondering whatever happened with your frozen rosemary? Did the old one come back to life at all? Did you get a new one started?
Thanks, Gary. I've got a new rosemary in a planter to replace the frozen one.
This weekend I noticed couple of green fronds coming up from the sago palm. I'll have to trim away the dead stuff, but it's prickly stuff and I'm waiting for a cool spell so I can wear long sleeves. So...maybe in October. :rolleyes:

I use my knives most often in the kitchen, but the small cotton sampler is too short for many kitchen tasks. (Of course, I could just keep it on the counter to remind me to be careful with my portion sizes so that I don't end up with as big a belly as a cotton sampler blade.)
Yeah, that wouldn’t be good Gary, you’d have to let out those suspenders a bit! 😂

You folks sure give me value for my entertainment dollar! 😁🤪
The credit goes to Rachel! 😊
Todd, I have one of the big cotton samplers, too, and it works a lot better in the kitchen. (My large cotton sampler has ram's horn bone covers, rather than stag bone like my small model.) I also like using the large one with its massive belly when I was de-barking a tree branch the other day.

- GT
I’ve read that they are good for digging out the bowl if you are carving a wooden spoon. I’ve not done that, but it seems reasonable. I think you could do a whole salad bowl with the large one, it’s a big dude! 😉

Big Foot is carrying a casting reel and rod, not a fly rod and reel
I'll let YOU tell him he's doing it wrong... ;) :D
Looking better and better with age, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Phenomenal knife. 🤠:thumbsup:
That's a real gem. 🤠:thumbsup:
Another great pairing, Todd. 🤠:thumbsup:
Notable pair with a ton of versatility, John! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
How are you liking that bone stag medium stockman?
Thank you, GT. :)
I like that the handles are s bit thicker.
I don't like that the clip blade is a bit thinner... prefer a full clip blade.
Staff looks great, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:

Back