What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This one will age elegantly.

1gTvNoS.jpg

Last edited:
Today was the day to clean up and sharpen the knives we have been using in the flower gardens lately . The Schatt & Morgan Barlow is carried in my pocket in a slip . It is a very well made piece of equipment . The older fixed blade is a Cattaraugus .

Harry
I love that s&m...I remember the first time I saw a schatt with the s&m bolster etch and thought it was something totally different than the brand name! 😂 But seriously though really cool piece. I’m a sucker for the long pulls...oh jeez I’m gonna stop typin now.

Pretty much perfect. Pull is about a 5/10. Good snap but easy to open. No problems yet I can find as far as the infamous spring breaking.

Its not exactly a stock knife, its had work done, under warranty by Queen. About half of this SFO run came in terrible shape, this one included, the original owner sent it back for work.

But I don't know what exactly, might have been a spring issue, but at any rate they're fine now.
That’s good to hear, and I appreciate your response. I found mine secondhand unused, Never sharpened on the auction site, being obsessed with both the forums as well as small/medium stockies I had to have it. I love carrying it, I love using it, but I’m afraid to use it for more than a show piece with limited pocket time because the main blade and sheep’s foot are ( in my opinion ) like a 2-3/10 pull. Fit and finish otherwise is perfect, the size is perfect, just wish it had better walk and talk. I guess I shouldn’t complain too much as I still love it for what it is.

It's 4:45 AM here and we're headed out in a few minutes for Redding, CA (150 miles away) for the wife's appointment with her doctor. I'll be carrying my "always with me" SOG Stingray and my new Case single blade Sowbelly.

1624362170314.png
1624362276524.png

We'll eat at Mac Donalds's on the way and then the Red Lobster before leaving Redding. Sadly, no Wagon Wheel Cafe today.

Back