What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

For "Metal Monday" Marbles MR139 Douk Douk type (in a blacked out nylon Buck 110 sheath), and MR278 G.I. Utlity Knife/Demo Knife.
For "Micarta Monday" the only (known) knife I have with Micarta covers: Marbles MR431 D2 series Sowbelly Stockman.
View attachment 1607472
Not Shown: Mora Number 1 and a SMKW M1212 faux Cold War era West German Bundeswehr GAK, in the rollator tote/tool/shopping bag.

Please try to have a great week, everyone. :D

Goin' full on Micarta today! Switched the Brother I was carrying to something a little smaller. Have a good Monday!
qdOFJTN.jpg

Buck 501 and a Vic Alox. I sure do hope JohnDF JohnDF appreciates the sacrifice so many of us are making to carry a Vic Alox so as to be in solidarity with him.🙄 Safe travels John.:thumbsup:

View attachment 1607483
Your self sacrificial burden bearing is an inspiration to us all, Ed.
I came close to buying an alox sak last year. But I always held off, because of the price compared to the cellidors.
But they have s new model that I think will make the perfect everyday garden knife for me~
B53BAF3B-6DB0-4F39-BE9E-F2C2700DBF10.jpegThey call it the 7. Five blades, but seven functions if you consider that the utlity blade is a screwdriver, cap lifter, and wire stripper. I could actually come up with some more functions if you’re brave enough :eek:

Enjoy your vacation, Mike!

That little Case stockman/cattleknife at the bottom is a real jewel!!

Thanks for the affirmation, John. :)
The chestnut bone stockman is certainly not my favorite because of excessive blade rub (and square bolsters), but I sure do like the covers.

Fancy for sure!

Congrats on the new Cadet, Bruce!

Good point about the golf tool, Todd. ;)
I'm sure most of us have had knife/water mishaps; we're not "rubbing it in", we're savoring our shared experiences! 🤓

Distinguished dark duo!

Good to see you on The Porch, Vince!
Sometimes you feel like a 'Nut ...

Your stag duo is definitely a notable pair, Jack; hope you had happy hiking!

Thanks, JJ.

Magnificent handle mod on your Opinel!!

😁😁:thumbsup:

Phenomenal pruner!

I've enjoyed your posts sharing some of your family's adventures and some of your SAKs from your road trip!

A black beauty!!

Splendid pair of knives!
And I enjoyed your informative trivia, since I've had my eye on a Vic Walker for quite a while.

Stunning stag stockman, Bruce!

Congrats on the new computer, and I hope the Mac learning curve isn't too steep, John! I'm just the opposite; I've used a Mac since 1984 (and Apple IIe and Radio Shacks before that), and I struggle when I'm assigned classrooms in which the desktop computer is a PC.

Barlow hits the bullseye with that bagel, Bill!

- GT
Thx much GT. The bagel was tasty and has left the building! LOL

Back