What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

This is my field bag I used as an engineer. After I retired it saw minimal use until I took over Dad's affairs, then it became the repository of all things concerning Dad. After he passed it held everything having to with the estate. The last few years its held everything having to do with the Tennessee property.
Fieldbag - Copy.JPG

Heading to Tennessee tomorrow and decided to clean it out. About 4 inches of folders I don't need to tote down there every time I go. Discovered my old Schrade 6OT hiding in the back pocket with a bandanna. Considering how badly abused - digging in the ground, hacking vines, cutting wire, etc. - it was, its in great shape. Its got some wobble, but not too bad. A few strokes on a stone, couple more on a ceramic and I managed to cut myself with it thumb.gif A testament to how tough these old Schrades were. I always had a pocket knife on me, but this one got all the nasty jobs. Cleaned up well.
Schrade 6OT 1.JPG

Admiring the pic and I realize its still got mud in the nail nick :oops:

TL-29

fjyLsFg.jpg

This is my field bag I used as an engineer. After I retired it saw minimal use until I took over Dad's affairs, then it became the repository of all things concerning Dad. After he passed it held everything having to with the estate. The last few years its held everything having to do with the Tennessee property.
View attachment 1607701

Heading to Tennessee tomorrow and decided to clean it out. About 4 inches of folders I don't need to tote down there every time I go. Discovered my old Schrade 6OT hiding in the back pocket with a bandanna. Considering how badly abused - digging in the ground, hacking vines, cutting wire, etc. - it was, its in great shape. Its got some wobble, but not too bad. A few strokes on a stone, couple more on a ceramic and I managed to cut myself with it View attachment 1607704 A testament to how tough these old Schrades were. I always had a pocket knife on me, but this one got all the nasty jobs. Cleaned up well.
View attachment 1607705

Admiring the pic and I realize its still got mud in the nail nick :oops:
Old Schrades are hard work knives.

...or anywhere in eastern Wyoming, for that matter.
At least their desert is covered in grass. ;)
I can't believe John JohnDF JohnDF JohnDF JohnDF is travelling so light. You'd think he'd hide/carry a Lambsfoot along his ankle in his sock
I have my Lamb stashed in my suitcase. 🤣
I'll take a picture of it in the morning... here in Wyoming.
I sure do hope JohnDF JohnDF JohnDF JohnDF appreciates the sacrifice so many of us are making to carry a Vic Alox so as to be in solidarity with him
I really do appreciate it and was telling my wife as much yesterday. 🤠:thumbsup:
Safe travels John.
Thank you, My friend. :)

NICE !!! ... I have a Wines Rosewood Lambfoot and love it. Very good knife. But I don't have any experience with G.Wines fixed blades. So what do you think of that one? It sure looks really good !!! And what's the steel used?
Thanks. The fixed blade is an LT Wright. Believe the steel is A2. Honestly, it doesn't see much use. I just carry it on hikes, and never really find myself in a situation a folder won't handle. But I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and wish I'd brought it out.

Figured the two were a good pair for the day :)

Started out the day carrying these 2 while I was running the Chipper Shredder for about 3 Hours .

Then switched to these 2 and went out for Lunch

And also took some photos for a Grand-Daughter to use to put onto a Drinking Cup . Hopefully , it is good enough for her to use .

And if there is room enough , She will also put this photo on it too . Doubtful though .

Harry

Last edited:
I hope you had some of your good chillies dried, to sprinkle in.

Started out the day carrying these 2 while I was running the Chipper Shredder for about 3 Hours .

And also took some photos a Grand-Daughter to use to put onto a Drinking Cup . Hopefully , it is good enough for her to use .

And if there is room enough , She will also put this photo on it too . Doubtful though .

Harry

Happy to see you got a Nice one of the 05's too Paul .

Harry
Thanks Harry, I like the stag and it's pretty well matched :thumbsup: It'll be one heck of a nice drinking cup!!!:cool:

And also took some photos for a Grand-Daughter to use to put onto a Drinking Cup . Hopefully , it is good enough for her to use .

Harry

Wonderful set of the small ABs - love seeing them anytime you post them. Barlows are nice as well. :cool:

Harry
Great pics of some fine knives, Harry. :thumbsup: I'm gonna echo what Paul said, that'll be an awfully special cup.

Carried a moose and a whittler today,
View attachment 1607903

Great pics of some fine knives, Harry. :thumbsup: I'm gonna echo what Paul said, that'll be an awfully special cup.

Carried a moose and a whittler today,
View attachment 1607903
Nice Carries for you again today Greg . Also , the colors of the Knives and Slips just seem to go together .
And paulhilborn paulhilborn : Thank you for the very kind words about the Cup . It will be a Very Special Cup from an exceptional young Lady who is a Mother to 4 , an EMT , and also runs 2 small businesses out of her house .

Harry

Back