What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Alox again today and a little more skating.

WdbiV0E.jpg

IH1SdSv.jpg

I just returned from a morning of errands and after seeing your tasty treats, both cutlery and food, my appetite took off like a rocket! :oops::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Threw these two redbone jacks in my pocket today. :)
LOL! :D Thanks JJ, two great-looking Jacks there, love the Barlow :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Great knives and a good looking meal too . What area of Yorkshire is the Mushy Peas popular in Jack ? I Know they were popular in Doncaster , but where else ?

Harry
Thank you Harry :) Mushy peas are popular throughout Yorkshire, and in fact throughout the north of England, commonly served with pies or with fish and chips. Sadly, I'm not a fan though Harry, what did you think to them? :thumbsup:
And also took some photos for a Grand-Daughter to use to put onto a Drinking Cup . Hopefully , it is good enough for her to use .

And if there is room enough , She will also put this photo on it too . Doubtful though .

Harry
What a line-up! :eek: Great pics Harry, those Arno Bernard knives are very stylish :cool: :thumbsup:

I randomly picked my Lambsfoot today, and came up with this Ebony Lamb I picked up in 2014 :) Carrying it with my new glennbad glennbad Biscuit :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

CQrG0Va.jpg

g5uhUZC.jpg

Pair of aces, José!

Hey ya’ll !!
here is the most recent drop…
The case is a sweetheart as well… miss you all as I’m floating around town taking the summer all in… what a Beaut’ of surprise !!
See you all soon enough… stay Kool :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thank you sooooo very much brother ! JohnDF JohnDF
View attachment 1606181
Congrats on all the brilliant bounty that came your way from John's GAW, Gus!

I grabbed a couple of Heritage Schrades for Saturday. :)
Classy couple of knives, JJ!

The blade patina and coloring on the covers are a delightful and dramatic combination!

Trapper and an Air Corp Utility from Camillus

zJnbx9y.jpg
Exquisite golden bone on that duo, Steve!

Final knife posting for a while...
I'll be traveling for the next ten days and won't be pocketing a good knife...
Ya, I know, but I'm going to pack my Lamb in my suitcase just for comfort.

Wyoming is funny...
As a resident, you can carry a concealed gun or knife without a permit.
As a visitor... no guns and your knife cannot be concealed... guess I can wear it around my neck.
That's absolutely beautiful. 🤠:thumbsup:

Valley Jack is always a treat to see. 🤠:thumbsup:
SAK in my pocket for the next 10 days...

Usual Lamb in my suitcase...
Wishing you good fortune and fun on your road trip, John! Sounds like you're making the best of a knife situation that's less than ideal; that black alox Cadet is a grand knife! Wyoming's laws seem set up to guarantee that their residents are not out-gunned or out-knifed by visitors to the state. Thanks for the kind words about some of my knives from last week.

11th Anniversary today. Opinel is for slicing up the charcuterie board, peanut is just because it's what I carried for my wedding. It was a good day, and it's been a great 11 years.
Anniversary11.jpg
That Valley Jack is stunning!
Belated anniversary wishes; I hope you and your wife had a grand and glorious day! I like that hymn verse on your tablecloth, and your sentimental Craftsman peanut.
Thanks for noticing my lambsfoot.

Got back an hour or so ago from my daughter’s cookout, had a great time, but we arrived a few hours late due to a flat tire. Got out to change the tire and found out that a spare tire on my wife’s car is an option not standard equipment. We bought it used and didn’t think about that! 🙄 So instead of changing the tire I snapped this picture while we were waiting for the tow truck! View attachment 1606558
We called “Area 51 Towing” and a very nice guy named Pete came and towed us to his place where he plugged our tire and got us on our way. He had these planters out side the door to his shop! 😄View attachment 1606560
He calls his service Area 51 because he is located a few miles of Highway 51. He offered us a cold beer while we waited for him to fix our tire, good dude! 😎👍
Sounds like a heck of an adventure, Todd, that will live on in family history!

I ended up getting called in to work today, so I grabbed what has become my main work knife.

2374591-B-5-C5-E-4541-AC73-712-A73-E1-DF54.jpg
It's inspiring to see how you've taken to that illustrious Case stockman!

Have a great Sunday everyone :) I'm sticking with stag ;) :thumbsup:

PZ9d6Hp.jpg

0bttAX8.jpg
I'm stuck on your stag too, Jack! May it continue to bring you much joy and jubilation!

Pal cattle punch recovered in rosewood to start the day.
View attachment 1606689View attachment 1606690
That Pal is a knockout, Greg, and the rosewood looks really good! Did you use some kind of treatment to take the wood "to the next level"?

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday
rgtlbhC.jpg
What a lavish, luxurious "church knife"!!

Not sure what we’re up to today, but I’ll probably have one or both of these with me.View attachment 1606795
To be in solidarity with John JohnDF JohnDF while he's having to tote a Victorinox Cadet this week, I've taken my Red Alox Farmer out of it's box and placed it on my desk for a visual while he's gone.

View attachment 1606801
Nothing to do with John or Ed, but it does fall in line with their choices…

5-C2-B69-EC-4-EB0-4-E12-8362-34-A10-BC3-CD51.jpg
Todd, ED, and Jim, you're showing off some marvelous and mesmerizing red Alox!!

Fine-looking threesome Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack.

Your knife rotation algorithmn has served you well this week.
Thanks, Jeff; I think that's true almost every week. I could probably find some little thing to complain about in the rotation most weeks, but I'd rather enjoy the far more numerous "treats" the schedule gives me each week!

Valley Jack is looking good Gary! 😎👍
Cool shot of your lovely Lamb, Gary!😎:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I appreciate your supportive remarks, Todd and JJ.

- GT

That Pal is a knockout, Greg, and the rosewood looks really good! Did you use some kind of treatment to take the wood "to the next level"?
- GT
Good morning, Gary. :) The credit goes to Jason Ritchie who did the recover work, he choose some handsome rosewood. I just polish it with a mix of mineral oil and beeswax like I do on all my wood handled knives. It has darkened in the 2 or so years since I've had it.

Thank you Harry :) Mushy peas are popular throughout Yorkshire, and in fact throughout the north of England, commonly served with pies or with fish and chips. Sadly, I'm not a fan though Harry, what did you think to them? :thumbsup:

What a line-up! :eek: Great pics Harry, those Arno Bernard knives are very stylish :cool: :thumbsup:
Great carry for you today Jack .
I am a fan of Mushey Peas .
Thanks for the kind words on my ABs

Harry

Enjoying Wyoming, but it never used to be THIS crowded... it's worse than Disneyland now.
It was fun to visit one of my old haunts... spent a lot of time in this place, playing pool, dancing, and drinking with friends.

Took my Lamb to town last night, but sticking with the Cadet for road travel.

Back