What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

Is that a 97 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Actually... it's two 97s.

WOKxOOp.jpg

Everything went well with my Ear Nose Throat Oncologist yesterday. He said everything looked really good. 1627658494087.png

The trip wore me out so I'm staying on the homestead today but will put my pants on and carry (in solidarity with John JohnDF JohnDF of course) the same knife I did yesterday - John's gift to me some time ago.

1627658784493.png

Fantastic flock of lambs!

Thank you Gary !!! ... Think I have the Lamb Foot bases covered for the time being

We passed through Buffalo Bill territory yesterday.

Still carrying the Cadet, relaxing in Omaha after a long trip.

What a great trip John !!! Enjoy your weekend. I can FINALLY see your photos (and other member's photos I was missing) :) WOooHOoo ... hope it holds up

Will spend some real time today coon fingering and rehabbing this Buck 371 thrift store find ... and cutting mine and the neighbors grass
While this is an "offshore" Buck Stockman, I like that there is a spring for each blade rather than the usual three blades on two springs
And I'll get a chance to compare Buck's offshore 420J2 to their 420HC I guess
As for the missing "Buck" shield, I emailed Buck's Warranty Dept only last evening and received a response already !!! ... Medallion on the way to me :)

P2ncCfs.jpg

5AyBE6H.png

0R6uQN3.png

Time for some honest "working guy" (even tho I are retired) basic 1095 carbon steel from the USA Schrade family. :)
4 pin c1978-1984 Old Timer 7OT on the belt, in the original (folded loop) sheath.

Pre-fire (c1956 to 1988) Imperial shell construction Barlow.

c1936-1952 Imperial unofficial Scout knife, with pen 4th blade, instead of the normal punch/awl. (older than I are by at least 3 years!)
View attachment 1610047
Have a good weekend, please.

Schrade 834Y acquired in 1980 from the passing of my Dad’s close friend. I thought the world of him, and his wife gave me this knife as well as other things. I may not remember everything from this morning, but I remember where every knife I ever had came from.

OSOw53L.jpg

Double congratulations on your zesty black/red combo, Todd!

Solid gold go-to choice!

Very cool! I don't speak/read Italian, but I remember enough high school Latin to guess that the last 3 words on that train mean "to (at?) high speed".

That's a capital collection! My first recommendation corresponded to what you wrote in a subsequent post: Toothpick Thursday. But I'm also drawn to those Barlows: it's well-known that the "TC" on the bolster stands for "Thursday Carry".

Olive wood is always a good choice, IMHO!

Thanks, Todd.

Quite a trio, Jeff! Stockman, TL-29, and scout (SAK) are certainly on my "top 5" patterns list.

I appreciate your enthusiasm, Jack.

Looks splendid!

Congrats on the benchmark anniversary, Mike! I see in a later post that you two celebrated in style, and the matching shirts were a romantic touch!

Boffo bone on your scout, Tom!

Carrying a couple of superannuated Imperials like that must make you feel like an emperor, JJ!

Thanks for the info; that's a classy lambsfoot!

Holy Handles! Notable covers on that pair, Steve!!

Striking photo!!

Quite a story, John! (I doubt if I'd consider myself "lucky" to be crossing the Tetons on horseback.)
I didn't realize that black Alox is typically cheaper than silver.
That's a clever way of getting interesting backgrounds for knife photos; I may try that sometime!
The GEC 72 is a lot of pocket knife!

Superb Case Barlow, Bruce!
(I think I'm genetically incapable of avoiding reflections in knife photos.)

Thanks for the support, Dennis.
Desirable duo of knives you posted! At first, I thought I had a trapper just like yours. But mine is a slimline trapper with a different shape to its clip blade than your 1-blade trapper, and my slimline has no endcap. Both yellow though!

Fantastic flock of lambs!

Bewitching brace of blacks for Friday, Jack!

- GT
Thank you 5K Qs! You’re too kind! The mastodon tooth is one of two I found over the years in a creek in central Illinois; we found the arrowheads and projectile points on the same property.

Back