What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

ABswCs5.jpg
This is why I usually go for the stainless.
Left this guy on the deck table earlier today.

WCwEDXD.jpg

These two on a Stagurday!

On another note, I believe I have lost my #73 drop point in stag 😢😢😢. Somewhere between California and Wyoming. Tore my wife's car apart looking for it, went through my empty duffle bag. Retraced my steps. Dang. This is horrible. Did another comb today... Nothing...😫😫😫
Sending juju your way brother. It will turn up.

WCwEDXD.jpg

On another note, I believe I have lost my #73 drop point in stag 😢😢😢. Somewhere between California and Wyoming. Tore my wife's car apart looking for it, went through my empty duffle bag. Retraced my steps. Dang. This is horrible. Did another comb today... Nothing...😫😫😫
Wishing you luck, but I think it'll turn up.
Happened to me more than once, just found my 23 buried deep in my console.

It’s a packing day for or trip to “The Lake.” Today’s weather is very rainy but next week looks fantastic. It’ll be a tough decision on what knives to take, today I’ll have these in my pocket. View attachment 1610481
Nah, it’s really quite easy to choose what knife(s) to bring. Just take a couple that you like a lot. 🤓 You’re welcome.
Wait. After reading the post quoted below, just take a Swiss Army Knife and an Opinel.
Supremely handy, but replaceable.
WCwEDXD.jpg

Sorry to hear that! Been there, and it still stings.

WCwEDXD.jpg

Hopefully, it'll turn up when you least expect it Taylor. I didn't hit the Like button because this is not a Like situation.

kwSvW8t.jpg

These past few weeks have been nuts! We got a sweet offer on our house that we couldn't refuse - so it had been a scramble to get it all set up. Meanwhile, the other day I left my trusty sodbuster (box-buster) on the counter and the 3 year old nabbed it and carried it all afternoon. When done with it, he left the knife on the hot stove where the delrin melted, curled and warped the handle. The pull is now a 9 with the blade bound up by the warp in the liners. Guess I gotta get another one😉

Thank you very much, Jack!!! :)
A wonderful pair of Lambsfoot beauties to celebrate Yorkshire Day! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I'm sure you'll have a grand time out and about, tomorrow; I'll be looking forward to your Guardians postings!😁:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you JJ, cool and wet so far this morning, but at least I won't get too warm in my flat-cap! :D :thumbsup:
Did some trout stream fishing with my son today. Just a perfect day to be out. Had some Ohta stag in my pocket.

szRFgM0.jpg
That must have been a tonic Gary :) Your Ohta always looks good :thumbsup:
Oh no! :eek: I hope you find it Taylor :thumbsup:

Happy Yorkshire Day folks! :D :thumbsup:

yorkshire-day-image.jpg

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thanks for your comment, Gary!

Just these today~View attachment 1609838View attachment 1609839View attachment 1609840Have the best day you can.
Auspicious pair, Jeff; that red Alox Old Cross SAK is outstanding!

5K Qs 5K Qs I do like that Camillus version of the Peanut - the ones I have handled have had nice snap to the blades. Going to carry my vintage Camillus #75 Jr. Cattle today. It has the same type synthetic handles as GT's Peanut - never heard what they may be made of, but some pre-Delrin material. OH
Camillus_75_Junior_Cattle_Knife.jpg
Thanks, Bruce. Whatever the cover material is, it looks fantastic on your cattle knife!

Boker Barlow and my new black Cadet, along with my new slip (thanks John) lanyard, and bead. Have a great day everyone! 👍View attachment 1609923
Splendid Black Friday pairing, Todd!

Everything went well with my Ear Nose Throat Oncologist yesterday. He said everything looked really good. View attachment 1609966
Congrats on the positive medical report, ED!

A couple of Queens today

50fmric.jpg
Pair of Queens will win a lot of hands, Steve!

Thank you 5K Qs! You’re too kind! The mastodon tooth is one of two I found over the years in a creek in central Illinois; we found the arrowheads and projectile points on the same property.
People on The Porch have shown me a lot of kindness, and I just try to pay it forward. Finding relics like that must be a lot of fun!

Toting these two Black beauties for Friday, my lovely Bagpipe from Jack Black Jack Black and a traditional French slicer; I've got an urge for fish & chips tonight, as well. :)
Wonderful "cross-Channel" pair, JJ! You should probably get a nice French wine (Bordeaux?) to go with your English fish and chips!

View attachment 1610119

Today I've been turkey-calling the wife from two rooms away. We'll be fiiiiine.
That splendid Uncle Henry stockman looks like it has a few miles on it!!

First-class pair, José!

Got my son all moved into his little apartment in Omaha.
The little Cadet earned its keep opening boxes and assembling furniture.
The adventure continues! What school is your son attending, John?

Starting my day off with a yellow bone sowbelly in the pocket. Seems like its been a couple months since I've carried this one.
View attachment 1610417
Beautiful bone on that superb sowbelly, Greg!

It’s a packing day for or trip to “The Lake.” Today’s weather is very rainy but next week looks fantastic. It’ll be a tough decision on what knives to take, today I’ll have these in my pocket. View attachment 1610481
I hope you have a great trip, Todd! As far as knife choices, doesn't "the more, the merrier" apply?

That's a heavenly Henckels!!

While not being the biggest fan of the Stockman pattern in general, I really like this particular Winchester specimen.

I'm thrilled to see that sublime stag sowbelly stockman again, Tom!

Camillus #70 and #72

oDrreBj.jpg
Charismatic couple of matched bone Camillus choices, Steve!

That's a noteworthy knife, Bill!

Sorry to hear that, Taylor; those stag 73s seem like ideal knives, and it would be a hard pill for you to swallow if yours is gone. But after a big trip, stuff can end up being where you wouldn't expect it sometimes, so I hope it turns up soon!

Northwoods Presidential yesterday, Boker Canoe today while I do a small amount of work this morning, have a nice weekend.

View attachment 1610535
As a canoesseur myself, I'm compelled to acknowledge the two fine canoes you've posted, JB and Vince!

kwSvW8t.jpg

These past few weeks have been nuts! We got a sweet offer on our house that we couldn't refuse - so it had been a scramble to get it all set up. Meanwhile, the other day I left my trusty sodbuster (box-buster) on the counter and the 3 year old nabbed it and carried it all afternoon. When done with it, he left the knife on the hot stove where the delrin melted, curled and warped the handle. The pull is now a 9 with the blade bound up by the warp in the liners. Guess I gotta get another one😉
Yikes! Glad no one got hurt with this unexpected adventure!

- GT

Hopefully, it'll turn up when you least expect it Taylor. I didn't hit the Like button because this is not a Like situation.
I know what you mean but that's why I opted for the sad button .....

@ All is far from lost, knives can be like cats, they feel like going MIA for a while, even a long while only to return :D One of my knives vanished for 6 years only to be found in some long forgotten festering jeans...:eek: As for cars, they're a Knife Bermuda Triangle, knives can get wedged into crevices and lurk out of sight. Like a lot of Europeans, I prefer a hatchback type car as the seats fold flat to take loads, you'd be amazed at what can slip down there if you take a good look!

Splendid Black Friday pairing, Todd!

I hope you have a great trip, Todd! As far as knife choices, doesn't "the more, the merrier" apply?

- GT
Thanks for the kind words Gary. I’ll probably take a couple old standbys because I plan to add a few new ones!
😊👍
Nah, it’s really quite easy to choose what knife(s) to bring. Just take a couple that you like a lot. 🤓 You’re welcome.
Wait. After reading the post quoted below, just take a Swiss Army Knife and an Opinel.
Supremely handy, but replaceable.
That’s good advice Jeff, thanks! 😄👍

Thanks, Bruce. Whatever the cover material is, it looks fantastic on your cattle knife!
You are welcome GT and thank you! I would love to know what the cover synthetic is - see it frequently on Camillus knives of the era; they seem to have used a lot of it. OH

Back