What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

xCGjscU.jpg

Nice patina on your 43 !
Thanks, Steve. But I swapped knives! Going down to the river, and since it’s about a mile wade to my favorite spot, rust is not the kind of patina I want.
Thank you JJ :) :thumbsup:

Nice work Jeff, those are great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

I did thanks Harry, you guys really made it special :) :thumbsup:

Few pics in the Guardians thread here :thumbsup:

Great Yorkshire Day choice Todd! :D :) :thumbsup:

Looks like you're having a great cowboy trip John, nice to see your Lambsfoot back in the saddle too :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks for all the Yorkshire Day greeting yesterday my friends, they really meant a lot :) Starting off the week with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Richards Farthing Knife for Metal Monday :) Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

Uhw5zDz.jpg

Ew4zGzy.jpg
Thanks, my friend! Your novelty knife reminded me of something...
Some auction site sellers sell TSA airport confiscated knives. It’s not uncommon to see key knives for sale by the dozen. Can’t fool those rent-a-cops!
Schrade 881Y for post-move weekend stress...a yellow worry stone for Monday...cheers for a happy day gang!
Yellow Schrades always good for cheering up!
Still riding in solidarity with John JohnDF JohnDF today carrying this Case SS Sod Buster Jr. but man-oh-man he better hit a rest stop pretty dang quick or there'll be a total disaster in a few. It musta been the Fritos and Chili !!!!!!!

View attachment 1612197
Oh boy!

Last edited:
Monday again? Already?
Have a good week!
Carrying the LAKE Design today. As close to a custom knife as any production knife I've ever seen.
It's still sharp as a razor, so there'll be no sharpening for awhile, if ever....
Mpo27ky.jpg

CjEYiBv.jpg
I always thought that WAS a custom Gary! :D :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, my friend! Your novelty knife reminded me of something...
Some auction site sellers sell TSA airport confiscated knives. It’s not uncommon to see key knives for sale by the dozen. Can’t fool those rent-a-cops!
Yeah, I guess not Jeff! :D Here most of the ones sold are SAKS, probably as high as 95%, they sell them by weight! :eek: :thumbsup:

I always thought that WAS a custom Gary! :D :) :thumbsup:
I wish! It was made in China by CAS Iberia! I got it from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley on the exchange. Thanks Gary!
If it was made by Ron Lake it'd be worth thousands! :eek:

A description I found online....
"Backlock folder designed by Ron Lake and manufactured in China by CAS Iberia. This knife has the quality and workmanship of a custom made knife. One of 500 made. Featured on the cover of Blade 2002. Ron called this a "Completely Hand-crafted Knife" and you'll agree. As good or better than most customs at this price. Excellent condition. 2.375" blade 5.75" overall 3.375" closed."

I wish! It was made in China by CAS Iberia! I got it from Gary W. Graley Gary W. Graley on the exchange. Thanks Gary!
If it was made by Ron Lake it'd be worth thousands! :eek:

A description I found online....
"Backlock folder designed by Ron Lake and manufactured in China by CAS Iberia. This knife has the quality and workmanship of a custom made knife. One of 500 made. Featured on the cover of Blade 2002. Ron called this a "Completely Hand-crafted Knife" and you'll agree. As good or better than most customs at this price. Excellent condition. 2.375" blade 5.75" overall 3.375" closed."
I really wouldn't have guessed that Gary, certainly a very classy-looking folder :) :thumbsup:

Many thanks for all the Yorkshire Day greeting yesterday my friends, they really meant a lot :) Starting off the week with my Hartshead Barlow, and a Richards Farthing Knife for Metal Monday :) Have a good week everyone :thumbsup:

Uhw5zDz.jpg

Ew4zGzy.jpg
It was certainly great fun attending the Yorkshire Day events via the Guardians thread! :) You're off to a great start with your sweet Hartshead and this cool "Metal Monday" tote by Richards! :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4PJx4Bs.jpg

This guy went missing for a few days. Thankfully, I found it yesterday in the bottom of the washing machine. Doesn’t look any worse for wear. I stuck a rag into the blade well to get the moisture out, and put a generous amount of oil in the pivot. Seems right as rain now.

Back