What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

8N11thL.jpg
Great picture, Jack. 🤠:thumbsup:
Looks like he's guarding his flock.
I can see why it's a favorite... wonderful #15. 🤠:thumbsup:
The Red Bone on your Mini Trapper is super pretty. 🤠:thumbsup:

Have a great Labor Day folks :thumbsup:

I'm pairing my 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot SFO in Ebony, with an older Joseph Rodgers Bunny Knife :thumbsup:
Appropriate choices for Labor Day, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1634683Schrade Walden 124 Jack, and a modified Camillus TL-29 which had been ground into sort of a clip blade, so I did not feel bad in reshaping it more to my liking. My first ever mod, I think. And Camillus #1 for the garden.
Have a good day, all.
Really like the shape of the secondary blade on your TL-29 and everything about that Schrade Walden, Jeff! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Some big Micarta and a Bantam today since there is no school. Have a great day everyone!
I hope your holiday was a good one, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Valley Jack is absolutely gorgeous, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
Thanks, John; the 2 sides are quite different, but both seem quite gorgeous to me. 🤓

My Usual Lamb and a GEC #71 Bullnose
Your lambsfoot is like one of those athletes that makes all of her/his teammates play better - almost every knife looks good teamed with your UFL (Usual Lambs Foot). :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Starting my day with these two. Russell Green River works Barlow & Fight'n Rooster copperhead.
Top-notch pair of folders, Greg; I especially admire that copperhead! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

What wondrous wooden Barlows, José! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Either one,
HYqfoNh.jpg
Remarkable "twin" whittlers! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks GT. I like the Case cap, the logo is a little large but overall its a comfortable cap of a brand I like and don’t mind advertising. The Shiner Oktoberfest was very good beer (all gone now) but I have also had some Sierra Nevada (made in Asheville NC) and just bought a 12 pack of Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest that was made in Chippewa Falls WI. Oktoberfest is one of my favorite beers and I try to lay in a good selection during the short time its out - then I dole it out all the way to Christmas! Cheers! OH
Interesting coincidence, Bruce! :thumbsup:😲 I've started stockpiling Oktoberfest beer, too, and I have both Leinenkugel and Sierra Nevada in the basement (along with Founders and imported Hacker-Pschorr).🤓

A new Lambsfoot arrived today so I paired it with this "Metal Monday" beauty kindly gifted by @Jack Black. :)
Congrats on the new stag lambsfoot, JJ; I like the stag with a long central valley like yours has! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My carry for Micarta Monday:
Z1JFPFe.jpg
Your Enigma is a very handsome knife! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Forum knife and small Tinker this weekend, the Tinker helped in shed assembly :thumbsup:
gDPJBP.jpg

PzeVNf.jpg
Props for the pristine black/red pair, Paul, and congrats on the handy new shed! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

I carried a wharncliffe trapper today.

IlTY9Zd.jpg
Grand knife and appealing photo! :thumbsup::cool::cool:

- GT

Carrying my Hartshead Barlow, and a Jose Antonio Herreros Vendetta for Random Tuesday :) Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:
First-rate knife choices, Jack, and fascinating, offbeat backgrounds in your pics thereof! :cool::thumbsup:🤓

And people wonder why we carry Swiss Army Knives.
This gives me something to show my wife the next time she says something about knives.
“See honey, I don’t have that many. Mine mostly fit in a dresser drawer.”
😁😉🤓

5K Qs 5K Qs ~ thanks, GT!
I’ll see about painting multiplication tables on that 130mm Wenger. Then it will fit any definition of the novelty descriptor. 🤔🤣
That's a great idea, Jeff! :thumbsup:🤓 My multiplication facts knife was a real novelty for me when I first got it, but the novelty has worn off and it's now just a dear and trusted computational resource.😉

View attachment 1635468If I need it as I did yesterday, I’ll add the Camillus model #1, otherwise, I’m good with these two~View attachment 1635469View attachment 1635470
When I was a kid, especially high school age, I baled a lot of hay and worked some 60+ hour weeks in-season packing sweet corn in a processing facility, and really didn't mind the work at all. But one year, I worked for a couple of hours each day after school (and before milking the cows at home) for a couple of weeks in celery fields and didn't like it at all! :mad::thumbsdown: IIRC, some machine went through and cut off the celery a little below ground level, and then those of us working the field followed, making a "nice" cut at the butt end and I think chopping the tops off evenly and then putting them into crates. I think we were using machete-like tools with about 14-16" blades.

That Storm Trooper has an admirable sawcut transport! 😉:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ha! Yeah, I stay pretty busy when I'm relaxing, but compromise is the key for a long marriage. Fishing and Hunting are my two alone things - and I always look forward to those days.

It is a nice knife, pretty much intact, and an earlier UH with the first style stag mold handle and black handle dye. However, I hadn't used it for awhile and nearly cut myself - forgot it has very soft closing snap on that main blade and it folded on my finger when I was "drilling" a hole in a Fishbite bait. Came close to a bad cut - it will go back in my cigar box and another with stiffer locking spring will go into the tacklebox - probably a good candidate for a stainless camper knife with punch blade. OH

Today's carry, a Case 6308 Whittler.
Sorry to read about the near-accident with the Uncle Henry medium stockman; sounds like you have a better tool in mind for the job anyway.
Woo Hoo for the whittler! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mini trapper and a SAK Cadet for me today. 😊View attachment 1635487
Great photo of your day's tote, Todd! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind words Gary, I'm going to have to do that with the Abbeydale Jack! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, I'm really pleased with it :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D There was an English version too :D :thumbsup:

I definitely have a liking for Peasant Knives my friend, and I have a couple of Pallares knives. I like the steel, but have never warmed to the handles I'm afraid. That's good to hear about the Scout, it certainly looks very nice Gary :) :thumbsup:
I'm always happy to see the Abbeydale! 😉:thumbsup:
I ran across some Pallares knives that we're basically the model I posted but with wood handles - maybe olive wood? But I don't remember if that was at the Pallares website or some US retailer. It reminded me of the Aitor knives with the leaf-shaped blades and wood handles (that I think were available in 2 or 3 sizes, but are now discontinued).
I appreciate the compliment on the rosewood Böker Magnum scout. :)

My Usual Lamb and a Case Single-Blade Trapper for Trapper Tuesday
Is my memory deficit increasing, or is that Case trapper new-to-you, John? I don't remember seeing you post it before, even though the blade etch, handle material, and serial number on bolster are all quite memorable! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Two Timer Tuesday ! 😀

NE4nIue.jpg
This old timer (me) really likes the look of those Old Timers you posted, Steve! :thumbsup::thumbsup:🤓

I’m carrying Eleanor’s Nifebrite #71 today. I dropped her off for her first day of kindergarten this morning. 🙂
Probably good that you confiscated her Nifebrite rather than her teacher; not a great first impression for anyone involved to get busted and suspended for violating some zero-tolerance policy! 🤓:thumbsup::thumbsup: Is Eleanor excited about Kindergarten, or does she have years of pre-school under her belt already, so no big deal?

Toting this Case copperhead today.
View attachment 1635664
Great pic of your red copperhead, Mike! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Is there a cemetery under the trees on the left, or is that just a fence running under the trees?

View attachment 1635784
Got some new (to me) Ozzie cards for the first time in a while. Went with my ancient today
Big-league knife and cool Cards cards! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Cubs fans always talk about what a great trade Brock for Broglio was for St. Louis back in the 60s, but I think Smith for Templeton worked out awfully well for the Cardinals, too!😲:thumbsup:

Unforgettable pair of Bulldog Barlows, José! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I bet that would be an interesting read. Especially of long forgotten, but really good, players
Yeah, I like to read analyses of players from back then, some of whom I'd forgotten about. I also like to read the evaluation of strategies that had been unquestioned for a century.

A couple of simple knives with an old timey look and feel for me today. Schatt & Morgan in ebony from the heritage series.
View attachment 1635925
Distinguished ebony duo, Greg! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

A sheepsfoot is probably the most useful blade for most of the day to day things I do. I carried this one today.
I like to read what blade or knife or handle material people prefer for their personal situation. :thumbsup::cool::)

- GT

We're having our new chairs delivered early this afternoon so thery'll be no trip to town and the Wagon Wheel Cafe today. No biggie!! Cindy is going to fix sausage and eggs - maybe even biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Anyway, I'm carrying this Schrade Fire & Ice trapper.

1631113549373.png

Jon, I'm jealous of the bobble-head. Simba was my favorite Cardinal since Gibby, and I was fortunate enough to meet Ted. Just a pure hitter, and a tireless catcher: he had seven seasons in a row with over 150 games played. I'm still totin' the sowbelly.

e0TDn6Z.jpg

Back