What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

That looks great and makes for a handier knife. I’ve never tried to do a nail nick, but I’ve only ever heard they’re tough.
I appreciate the kind words. This was my first blade cut and my first nail nick - you heard right about the nick!
Classy Office Knife, Bruce, and your Case whittler is kind of a chameleon - the bone color seems to change from one photo to the next! :cool::thumbsup::cool:
Always appreciate your comments Greg. That whittler knife is typical of mid-70's to late-80's Case - a unique bone color for each side!

It's been a spell since I've posted in this thread. My daily carries aren't overly varied in recent months and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to pictures anyway.

Thought I would take a break this morning and share - a #43 Oregon Trapper and a Jack Black SFO (Hartshead Barlow) for me today. Oh, and my 5th cup of coffee...

ey8V8Fy.jpg
Good to see you back! I always enjoy (and often envy) your photos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Striking striped 83! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Ted Simmons and I were both born and raised in Michigan, both were fans of the Tigers' Al Kaline, and both played high school baseball in MI in the mid to late 1960s, but he made it to the major leagues, and now the Hall of Fame, and I still have my HS baseball cap!😉🤓 Anyway, I was always a Simmons fan and was amazed to learn that he was on the baseball writers' HOF ballot for only a single year because he didn't even get 5% of the vote the first year he was eligible. I can't understand why he didn't get more respect for the awesome career he had - he was a hitting machine, even if his defense was only average.
That is too awesome. He mentioned growing up in Michigan and Al Kaline in his speech. I think he was too overshadowed by Bench Fisk and later on Carter. At least it’s fixed now.
This wasn't posted here, but I had technical difficulties trying to comment on it last night.
That is a quality picture right there... Knives, Beer, BBQ Brats, all the makings of a perfect evening. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thank you. I am very much enjoying my blackstone.

carrying my favorite which happens to be this Fremont for RED Friday
DF79E0F3-B2B6-4DB9-975B-D827D653C4B1.jpeg

B BrotherJim Nice knife. The FP Versions with back lock are always without nail nick. They can be opened much easier than the traditional version with back spring and have no need for a nail nick.

Gerd
Thanks Gerd !!! :) ... this FP lockback is one of the smoothest lockbacks I own. FP does such great work. The other two FP's I own are traditional versions. They're smooth operating too, but nothing like the virtually effortless and resistance free operation of the lockback.

A pair of super sweet slicers to end the week; have a great weekend, Jack! :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks a lot JJ, you too my friend :) :thumbsup:
Toting these two ebony covered jacks from both sides of the pond. :)
Those two Bible black jacks cut the mustard JJ :cool: :thumbsup:
It's been a spell since I've posted in this thread. My daily carries aren't overly varied in recent months and I haven't had a lot of time to devote to pictures anyway.

Thought I would take a break this morning and share - a #43 Oregon Trapper and a Jack Black SFO (Hartshead Barlow) for me today. Oh, and my 5th cup of coffee...

ey8V8Fy.jpg
FIFTH cup?! :eek: Are they working you THAT hard buddy??!! :eek: ;) Good to see you here Dylan, those two pair nicely together :) :thumbsup:

Well, I was supposed to be on the road with the wife and kids to hit up the Georgia aquarium today, then Savannah, and onto Hilton Head Sunday. Ours youngest tested positive for RSV yesterday so we are giving her a couple days to recover at home and going to leave on Sunday. Decided to come into the office today to save some vacation time. Got the Hayn' Helper along for the ride. Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

aQ2Cb0A.jpg
Hope your little one gets well soon, nothing scarier than a sick child. 🤞
Cheers! Does anyone besides me think that holiday shortened weeks seem longer than normal length weeks? Have a good one my friends!
1k23ZQT.jpg
You read my mind AnW! I’m exhausted! Looks like you know exactly how to unwind. 😎👍

Back