1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

What Victorinox is in your pocket?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by edmundo.gurza, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm just about to go out for a walk with a pal of mine, Scottish folk-singer Ewan McLennan (just laughed my socks off looking at his website :D). One of the songs I like he sings is 'Arthur MacBride' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_McBride), and as we're going for a walk on the Harewood Estate, we're just joking about whether or not I should take my shillelagh in case we should bump into any obstreperous recruiting sargents (or toffs)! :D

2. gentry738

gentry738

Sep 26, 2010
    Found a red alox cadet at smokey mountain knifeworks on vacation. Ive been carrying a wegner standard issue for awhile. This is much slimmer. I like it!

3. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    Vic Forester

4. Shepard man

Shepard man

Aug 22, 2012
    Classic SD Shamrock

5. jackknife

jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Always take a Shilleliagh when you go out prowling about. I keep mine by the door and grab one on the way out. But the Shame of Arthur, not wanting to take the king's shilling for the honor of dying for the crown!:eek:

[​IMG]

There, SAK content.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  6. jeffwithaj

jeffwithaj

Nov 27, 2012
    Super Tinker to work every day.

[​IMG]

7. Stich2442

Stich2442

May 6, 2012
    The Vic Director today

[​IMG]

Pete

8. jimmyd1982

jimmyd1982 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Older picture but it shows the Vic Rambler that is always on my keychain.

[​IMG]

9. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Victorinox Manager.

10. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    What is your opinion on that queen canoe by the way?

11. powernoodle

powernoodle Power Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Love it. The D2 steel retains an edge forever, and the rounded profile of the bolsters is not obtrusive in the bottom of your pocket. Just the right amount of tension on the blades, so you aren't snapping a fingernail to open it. Large enough to be useful and get 4 fingers on the grip (barely, with average hands), but not too big either. Probably my favorite traditional knife.

[​IMG]

Okay, sorry for the detour. Back to Victorinox . . .

12. edmundo.gurza

edmundo.gurza

May 15, 2013
    I posted a thread about the pros and cons of this knife would you mind putting a little review maybe with some pictures please. I am very interested in the thickness and weight of the knife.. I like the pen blade on it

13. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    [​IMG]

Always a classic on the key ring. Bantam is one of my favorite EDCs. Thin, light, and just the right length. Scalpel sharp, too.

14. Da Thurmanator

Da Thurmanator

Mar 21, 2013
    This is one that my sister got me a couple years ago when she went to Switzerland. I love the handles!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. neeman

neeman Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2007
    For many years now on my keyring
    I have a Classic with a little red LED, and an Alox Secretary (a single spring penknife)

16. Toddwalla

Toddwalla

May 27, 2012
    The bantam was my go to knife from the time i was 10 till i discovered this sub forum...just about 20 years of consistent carry. The knife i received when i was 10, as a gift, was my work knife for years and i still include it in my edc rotation. i'll try and get a picture up soon, but thanks for yours in the meantime!

17. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    I carry a farmer quite a bit, a nice sturdy knife.

18. rarreola

rarreola

Dec 4, 2010
    not vic but Wenger Evogrip s111

[​IMG]

19. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I've already got the King's Half Crown! :D

[​IMG]

Jack

(Sorry for the off-topic post)