What Victorinox is in your pocket?

I sense another round of highland clearances coming on, grab your pitch forks and peat cutters!

I'm just about to go out for a walk with a pal of mine, Scottish folk-singer Ewan McLennan (just laughed my socks off looking at his website :D). One of the songs I like he sings is 'Arthur MacBride' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_McBride), and as we're going for a walk on the Harewood Estate, we're just joking about whether or not I should take my shillelagh in case we should bump into any obstreperous recruiting sargents (or toffs)! :D

Found a red alox cadet at smokey mountain knifeworks on vacation. Ive been carrying a wegner standard issue for awhile. This is much slimmer. I like it!

I'm just about to go out for a walk with a pal of mine, Scottish folk-singer Ewan McLennan (just laughed my socks off looking at his website :D). One of the songs I like he sings is 'Arthur MacBride' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_McBride), and as we're going for a walk on the Harewood Estate, we're just joking about whether or not I should take my shillelagh in case we should bump into any obstreperous recruiting sargents (or toffs)! :D

Always take a Shilleliagh when you go out prowling about. I keep mine by the door and grab one on the way out. But the Shame of Arthur, not wanting to take the king's shilling for the honor of dying for the crown!:eek:

9135551186_94bc6902c4_c.jpg

There, SAK content.
9133378317_7b907937e5_c.jpg

Last edited:
What is your opinion on that queen canoe by the way?

Love it. The D2 steel retains an edge forever, and the rounded profile of the bolsters is not obtrusive in the bottom of your pocket. Just the right amount of tension on the blades, so you aren't snapping a fingernail to open it. Large enough to be useful and get 4 fingers on the grip (barely, with average hands), but not too big either. Probably my favorite traditional knife.

Okay, sorry for the detour. Back to Victorinox . . .

Love it. The D2 steel retains an edge forever, and the rounded profile of the bolsters is not obtrusive in the bottom of your pocket. Just the right amount of tension on the blades, so you aren't snapping a fingernail to open it. Large enough to be useful and get 4 fingers on the grip (barely, with average hands), but not too big either. Probably my favorite traditional knife.

Okay, sorry for the detour. Back to Victorinox . . .

I posted a thread about the pros and cons of this knife would you mind putting a little review maybe with some pictures please. I am very interested in the thickness and weight of the knife.. I like the pen blade on it

7qir.jpg

Always a classic on the key ring. Bantam is one of my favorite EDCs. Thin, light, and just the right length. Scalpel sharp, too.

For many years now on my keyring
I have a Classic with a little red LED, and an Alox Secretary (a single spring penknife)

7qir.jpg

Always a classic on the key ring. Bantam is one of my favorite EDCs. Thin, light, and just the right length. Scalpel sharp, too.

The bantam was my go to knife from the time i was 10 till i discovered this sub forum...just about 20 years of consistent carry. The knife i received when i was 10, as a gift, was my work knife for years and i still include it in my edc rotation. i'll try and get a picture up soon, but thanks for yours in the meantime!

Always take a Shilleliagh when you go out prowling about. I keep mine by the door and grab one on the way out. But the Shame of Arthur, not wanting to take the king's shilling for the honor of dying for the crown!:eek:

I've already got the King's Half Crown! :D

Jack

(Sorry for the off-topic post)

Back