What was GEC’s first GEC?

If i well remember what i've read somewhere it was a Trapper, maybe the #23. Not sure. The long time connoisers will give the right answer.

Dan.

If not the very first, one of the first was under the Schrade Fire & Ice Trappers. I own one but don’t have a picture currently to post. OH

The first year, 2006, they only made #73s and #23s, listed in that order (not numerically as they have since then). I would think the #73 was first, but no proof of that.

As Jeff said, the #23's and #73's were the first.
But I thought the #23's came first, thought I'd read about that before... could be wrong, I wasn't following them back then.

This Northfield red stag 23 was pretty early and it is just shy of being a nail breaker.
AeV77HR.jpg

if I remember correctly, this #23

(not my picture)

View attachment 1543510

I thought this was the first #23 variant made, and I believe the #23s were the first pattern made. But I emailed GEC after getting one for more info because I was writing an article on it and they said it wasn't the first variant.

Which makes sense, because its serial numbers are high than those on other variants. For example, my red diamond bone that I sold to get the laser etched white bone had a lower serial number. For that first run of #23s they did serial numbers across the whole run, not each variation. So serial number 02 is probably the first GEC made other than true prototypes and the serial number 00 or 01 that the factory typically keeps.

I thought this was the first #23 variant made, and I believe the #23s were the first pattern made. But I emailed GEC after getting one for more info because I was writing an article on it and they said it wasn't the first variant.

Which makes sense, because its serial numbers are high than those on other variants. For example, my red diamond bone that I sold to get the laser etched white bone had a lower serial number. For that first run of #23s they did serial numbers across the whole run, not each variation. So serial number 02 is probably the first GEC made other than true prototypes and the serial number 00 or 01 that the factory typically keeps.

I do believe that you are correct Logan!
If that is the case then Stag was not the 1st covers off the line. I do know that the #23's was the 1st pattern. The Red Horsecut bone is serial number 037 and the Stag is # 113.

Dave

Back