what was the original price of this BOTM?

does anyone know what the original price was direct from Buck at that time on this knife?

1A19185E-AD30-4D99-9795-0595A41857C1.jpeg

thanks..
there is one on ebay for $500.
so that is 150 percent profit margin.

Last edited:
It's one of the better 110/112 set's of knives Buck has made. Very distinctive handles plus my favorite 112 blade..drop point S35VN. Unlike some BOTM you don't see many offered for sale and I haven't seen one under $200.00 and few period.

thanks..
so that is 150 percent profit margin. I will pass.
Well with as rare and unique those two Taylor Ebony Buck 112 and 110 are I am sure 499.99 is about right. With fees nearing 15% and shipping going up also. How do you know he paid 200.00? Maybe he paid 350.00. Its a bit unfair to assume he is at 150% margin.

He has mentioned many times for people to reach out on here for a knife he has listed for pricing.

I wont sell either of mine so that means the sticker price for me to sell is pretty fricken high. Higher than his pricing.

Well with as rare and unique those two Taylor Ebony Buck 112 and 110 are I am sure 499.99 is about right. With fees nearing 15% and shipping going up also. How do you know he paid 200.00? Maybe he paid 350.00. Its a bit unfair to assume he is at 150% margin.

He has mentioned many times for people to reach out on here for a knife he has listed for pricing.

I wont sell either of mine so that means the sticker price for me to sell is pretty fricken high. Higher than his pricing.
Well said.

I grabbed neither, and it has defined the boundaries for future regret.

What I really, really regret is letting mine go along with the 1 of 18 Joe Houser chip flint for what I paid from Buck right at the start of Covid-19..Two of the best odd 112's in the last few years that perfectly fit my collection. All my kids and grandchildren were planning to stay at my house and I was making $1,000.00 runs at Sam's club and Walmart and Windixie and wanted to buy 7 of Kentucky's best dry cure country hams to go along with all the dang beans I I bought..I had both 112's sitting on my desk and decided I'd rather have hams lolol! I still have 2 and give away 3 BUT I have all the TP I'll need for the next year or two..

I do understand and see your point. But if you buy that high you will never get back your money, should you want to sell.

I would go original issue price x 50 percent profit plus shipping, thats my limit.

Last edited:
thanks..
so that is 150 percent profit margin. I will pass.
That's 150% only if it sells.

I'm not defending his price, but have you checked the completed auctions for it? (Ignore highest and lowest prices, then average what's left).

150% over sticker price might be a "bargain". Look at GEC, CSC, (original) Queen/Schatt & Morgan, Marble's USA fixed blades, and all the vintage and antique knives selling for hundreds of dollars that originally cost under a dollar or two.

I've purchased many items from that seller. In fact I have his phone number. He's a great guy!
Actually, some of the best pieces in my collection are from him.

Value is relative.
However, that particular knife has few relative comparisons.
You could contact a custom knife maker and inquire about having that knife replicated.
(that seller could assist you with that too by the way).
I believe you will find that price is not out of line.

In any endeavor, building relationships opens doors.
If your serious about collecting, that is one person you would want to know.

Have you contacted him and made an offer? The listing invites you to do so.
Publicly complaining that you feel his price is unfair/unreasonable with-out contacting him........
NOT COOL.

Besides, it's his knife. He can sell it for whatever he wants too.

sigh.

Welcome to the hobby of knife collecting.

In any endeavor, building relationships opens doors.
If your serious about collecting, that is one person you would want to know.

Welcome to the hobby of knife collecting.
^^^ this ^^^

"getting your money back" is not generally an important criteria for serious collecting... bringing together the best or the rarest, or the most beautiful is.

yep, that seller is a great fella. helped me out a couple plus times on deals. also a wealth of knowledge on pricing and Buck info in general. participates here with all of us as well.

Seems like I am out of touch with things……obviously
did not mean to step on toes or insult anyboby that is for sure… if Dogpound is the seller. please accept my apologies….
sorry if I offended you,,,not my intent at all...you have great stuff for sure on ebay…please forgive.

The thing with ebay now is you have to pay tax, and that just add to buyers expense…was looking for a way to make an offer privately on this knife without the ebay police threatening me with expulsion. oh well, live and learn.

guess I am living in the past…..at 68, and not quite understanding current valuations…I am sure the knife sold for more than I could afford…it sure was beautiful.

maybe I should be collecting matchbooks instead of nice pretty knives or just stick with the standard production issues and or the copper/clad exclusive drops and possibly watch for new BOTM comming out.

Last edited:
YOU can email me here anytime for any knife i have listed on feebay---i use the same background wood table in my pics on the forum as i do on feebay----that should be a dead giveaway as to the knives that are mine....no im not offended at all----if someone did not come along with a good offer i had no problem keeping the knife...all is good---keep looking at my listing and think about the great deals i will give if you contact me direct here and not through feebay emails.......

THANKS!!!!!!
Appreciate it..

I have a decent collection so far…I think, about 7 Buck 110, 5 Buck 112..( ok there is one imposter buck in picture, looking to rehome him, a old timer lb8).

mostly copper/clad exclusives, pro models, and the Buck 110 - 2021 legend ( my highest spend to date $199)

Have a 112 oak drop point 5160, a 112 rosewood drop point, and a 112 carbon slim pro on the way from copper/clad.

That older BOTM stuff is quite enticing, but may be realistically out of my league.

Last edited:
zippo, if you'd like to adjust your "appreciation" of price scales, take a look at the Koenig and Shirogorov forums on FB... even the Chris Reeve groups there. The action on the trading group for CRKs has been likened to "piranhas" 😂

Back